Sign in to follow this  
Memphis Maverick

2019 NBA DRAFT

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

Seventh Woods and Kwe Parker were small guards with killer mixtapes.

Seventh Woods had the best mixtape ever lol

6 hours ago, Dwash said:

Seventh Woods and Kwe Parker were small guards with killer mixtapes. They barely play at UNC and Tennessee.

Yea but neither one of them avg anywhere close to 38ppg. 

Kwe Parker avg 10pts a game and Seventh Woods avg 16ppg. 

This dude is on a whole different level.

1 hour ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Yea but neither one of them avg anywhere close to 38ppg. 

Kwe Parker avg 10pts a game and Seventh Woods avg 16ppg. 

This dude is on a whole different level.

Then why were they recruited by high major schools and Mac McClung is being recruited by mid to low major schools (Georgetown by far his best offer on the list I saw) and is ranked 234 nationally?

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Mac-McClung-105791/RecruitInterests

17 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Then why were they recruited by high major schools and Mac McClung is being recruited by mid to low major schools (Georgetown by far his best offer on the list I saw) and is ranked 234 nationally?

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Mac-McClung-105791/RecruitInterests

Could be a lot of reasons. He’s not the first kid to be ranked that low starting out. 

He plays on the #1 AAU team in the country.

He just broke Allen Iversons Virginia scoring record, and will be starting from Georgetown. 

Just pointing out your flawed logic by pointing out mixtapes of players that are far less impressive than a guy putting up 38 a game. 

He is playing 2A comp, but has beat some top 6A ranked teams in Kentucky (6th I believe) and Tennessee (4th ranked). 

Put up 40 on both. 

32 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Could be a lot of reasons. He’s not the first kid to be ranked that low starting out. 

He plays on the #1 AAU team in the country.

He just broke Allen Iversons Virginia scoring record, and will be starting from Georgetown. 

Just pointing out your flawed logic by pointing out mixtapes of players that are far less impressive than a guy putting up 38 a game. 

Starting out? He is a freakin' senior!

Obviously several coaches at high major schools didnt think he was more impressive. Because his offer list was worse. 

You yourself arent getting the flaws in your own logic. Do you understand that the same circle of analysts who say his AAU team is one of the best also call him the 200th+ best player in the country? They update these lists throughout the year.

3 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Starting out? He is a freakin' senior!

Obviously several coaches at high major schools didnt think he was more impressive. Because his offer list was worse. 

You yourself arent getting the flaws in your own logic. Do you understand that the same circle of analysts who say his AAU team is one of the best also call him the 200th+ best player in the country? They update these lists throughout the year.

I’m talking about going into college. There have been players ranked around there that have done well. That’s what I’m trying to say. 

He will be starting at Georgetown. He’s definitely not a one and done player though. 

3 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

He will be starting at Georgetown. He’s definitely not a one and done player though. 

Then why in Gods name are you declaring him a top 5 pick in the 2019 draft thread?

6 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Then why in Gods name are you declaring him a top 5 pick in the 2019 draft thread?

He may not be ?. He could be all hype lol.

On 3/30/2018 at 5:50 PM, Allen said:

I got us winning 36 games next year 

It could happen.  It will depend on how the roster plays out.  My guess is mike and marc and practically the same roster plus a draft pick.  That means 7th or 8th seed at best and getting our ***** handed to us in the first round.

On 4/2/2018 at 5:48 PM, tmoneyinmphs said:

It could happen.  It will depend on how the roster plays out.  My guess is mike and marc and practically the same roster plus a draft pick.  

That and no hipsters and we should be good.

Evan Daniels at 247 sports called this 2018 high school class one of the worst classes he has ever seen in 10 years of work. Most of the lotteries now are freshmen.

Punt this pick.

14 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Evan Daniels at 247 sports called this 2018 high school class one of the worst classes he has ever seen in 10 years of work. Most of the lotteries now are freshmen.

Punt this pick.

Yeah and nobody is really coming back either.  A few marginal 1st rounders have already declared.

51 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

What is the protection we have is our 2019 pick?

The first rounder is top-8 protected in 2019, top-6 in 2020 and unprotected in 2021. So we should absolutely get out of that debt next season. 

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:39 PM, smit-tay griz said:

Like I said, where we getting a pick from?  I don't see us repeating this dismal season.

Yeah, if Mike and Marc are both healthy this team is at worst a 35-38 game winner.

On 3/30/2018 at 5:39 PM, smit-tay griz said:

Like I said, where we getting a pick from?  I don't see us repeating this dismal season.

If the Grizzlies win the lottery, I know that's a big if, they could possibly work a deal with Phoenix for their 2019 pick in exchange for their pick (top 4 guaranteed). That's what Philly and Boston did last season so the market price is set. 

5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

If the Grizzlies win the lottery, I know that's a big if, they could possibly work a deal with Phoenix for their 2019 pick in exchange for their pick (top 4 guaranteed). That's what Philly and Boston did last season so the market price is set. 

If we win the lottery, and Wallace engineers that trade, and we come out of it with Doncic and a 2019 pick I will personally send him flowers and an apology letter.

18 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

if we end up 1 and phoenix 2, phoenix has 2 late lottery picks as well... which one of those might be more valuable than their pick in next years weak draft

6 minutes ago, Ace-is-high said:

if we end up 1 and phoenix 2, phoenix has 2 late lottery picks as well... which one of those might be more valuable than their pick in next years weak draft

If Phoenix is offering I wouldn't say no but that is much more expensive than the Boston-Philly trade was last season. 

23 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

If we win the lottery, and Wallace engineers that trade, and we come out of it with Doncic and a 2019 pick I will personally send him flowers and an apology letter.

:lol:

11 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

The tank might be started before Christmas again.

http://www.tankathon.com/

Today, I sim the 12th pick and it is Darius Garland going to Boston.

On 2nd thought, the top of this draft might be worth tanking for...

NBA Draft.net shows Garland staying another year in college.  If Wiseman picks Vandy,  I think that will be a lock to happen.

They project Wiseman to the Grizz in 2020 and Garland to Miami that draft.  (and Simi from Vandy at #20 to OKC)

2 hours ago, MemphisX said:

The tank might be started before Christmas again.

http://www.tankathon.com/

Today, I sim the 12th pick and it is Darius Garland going to Boston.

On 2nd thought, the top of this draft might be worth tanking for...

I hope we get our 1st pick ever in 2019, Zion or RJ?

38 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

I hope we get our 1st pick ever in 2019, Zion or RJ?

Zion all the way. I've seen RJ play in real life a couple times and i'm callin it now. He's another Wiggins. In fact, up here the hype for Wiggins was even bigger. RJ'll be good but not worth tanking a season over. Rather have Wiseman over both anyways. Pay off the pick debt this year to the Celtics, trade Conley/Gasol in the offseason, then tank hard for Wiseman. That's the best move.