Memphis Maverick

2019 NBA DRAFT

Sun trade warren for cap room and then being in Baynes and saric 

Didn't really save much this year at least .

1 minute ago, King Dork said:

I hope y’all know Korver and Bradley don’t have the value to get the picks you are talking about. Give that up. 

I think the value is in their waivable contracts. Immediate cap relief.

21 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Yup. Leuer got 30 I don't know why folks think that cap relief cant get assets .

1 minute ago, Ja_Rules said:

Look for GS to draft Fernando and everybody looking stupid later

They will draft shooting imo not another useless big. 

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

Some people don’t think outside of the box. Thank you for saying what I was thinking 

I would not waive them now, at all. Waive CJ and Parsons first than them or let everybody expire. But I would trade Korver to get assets.

They will draft shooting imo not another useless big. 

Yup it's gonna be Jordan Poole. That's a nice pick for them with Klay being out.

Just now, Ja_Rules said:

I would not waive them now, at all. Waive CJ and Parsons first than them or let everybody expire. But I would trade Korver to get assets.

Idk. I think miles can thrive with morant here.

8 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Who is the wing from Florida State they were talking about killed it in workouts.

Terence Mann is the only FSU  player I see in the mock.  6'6" SG.

6 minutes ago, King Dork said:

I hope y’all know Korver and Bradley don’t have the value to get the picks you are talking about. Give that up. 

They dont but there contracts do for teams that need cap room

Fernando still falling, he have some kind of problemn. Maybe it is his age, must be older than paper says, but I would still draft him.

21. Memphis Grizzlies - Brandon Clarke, F, Gonzaga

Grade: A+

What a brilliant trade for Memphis to acquire this pick from the Thunder and snag one of the very best talents in the draft. Clarke was college basketball’s second most effective player this year behind only Zion Williamson, establishing himself as a hyper-athletic forward who wrecks havoc on defense and finishes efficiently on offense. He’s limited as a shooter and lacks the length and bulk to play center, but his combination of explosiveness and smarts makes him an incredible value in this range.

Clarke is also a perfect complement to Jaren Jackson Jr. in the front court. While Jackson offers shooting and space, Clarke will be a monster on the glass, in transition, and as a weak side shot blocker. He’ll also thrive running with Ja Morant in the open court and catching alley-oops near the rim. Despite the fact that he’ll be a 23-year-old rookie, Clarke is the best pick of the draft after Williamson.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/6/20/18693450/nba-draft-grades-2019-first-round-zion-williamson-trades-pelicans-ja-morant

2 minutes ago, cdp said:

Yup it's gonna be Jordan Poole. That's a nice pick for them with Klay being out.

This, they draft because of Klay

you guys need to be careful about getting caught up trying to build entirely through one draft. 

In this draft we have our superstar prospect and we got a role player who is a perfect fit to both of our core pieces. Assuming we don't convey next year, we can use that pick to target another upper level guy if nobody steps up next season. 

5 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Terence Mann is the only FSU  player I see in the mock.  6'6" SG.

Not supposed to be a shooter but a very versatile player

1 minute ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

you guys need to be careful about getting caught up trying to build entirely through one draft. 

In this draft we have our superstar prospect and we got a role player who is a perfect fit to both of our core pieces. Assuming we don't convey next year, we can use that pick to target another upper level guy if nobody steps up next season. 

Yea but they can address their shooting need though they really need multiple shooters

Let's snag KZ Okpala. Other than SF, I'm not sure what else we need. Not saying we will be good, but we need to let all the young guys develop before we know what we got.