Memphis Maverick

2019 NBA DRAFT

1 minute ago, TT_Grizz said:

I didn't know about Porter's attitude problems...Keldon Johnson or Little my top choice now 

Wonder why Little is dropping?

2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I'm wondering why he would be drafted in the first round at all coming off the bench for a sub .500 team in college and only averaging 9.5 ppg. I just don't get it. 

same... 

I really hate the idea of trading future picks but whatever. Clarke and JA may work out alright together. Not that high on Clarke but I see why some are .

3 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I'm wondering why he would be drafted in the first round at all coming off the bench for a sub .500 team in college and only averaging 9.5 ppg. I just don't get it. 

I think that was only 9 games in like 20 minutes. Has top 5 "talent" for sure when you talk about handles, athleticism,.and asolid shooter.

I'm watching the streaming CBS Sports draft coverage and they are loving this pick and this team.  

They said something about Clarke ranking only behind Zion in some "overall" stat, but I missed it.

One of the commentators said that after this pick, our team may be one of the most athletic in the league!  Wow.

Did we really have to protect Brandon Clarke from Boston at #22 ? This team just traded down and coulda picked Clarke at 20.

With Ja and Clarke, I wonder if we get 2 out of the 3 most electrifying athletes in this draft.

I would still take a chance on Bol Bol.

Just now, IdrinkGuinness said:

I really hate the idea of trading future picks but whatever.

A future 2nd round pick is nothing to make sure that you get your guy. If the Grizzlies covet him that much, it’s more than worth a 2nd rounder. 

Love the aggressive, proactive approach. 

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

Did we really have to protect Brandon Clarke from Boston at #22 ? This team just traded down and coulda picked Clarke at 20.

Yeah seems silly .

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I dont get it, if we miss on Clarke we could still have got Fernando, who for me is better.

I like the Clarke pick, seems to be a high floor guy. Very athletic and plays hard. Interested in summer league again, hope Rabb is cut.

3 minutes ago, The Truth is OUT said:

I'm watching the streaming CBS Sports draft coverage and they are loving this pick and this team.  

They said something about Clarke ranking only behind Zion in some "overall" stat, but I missed it.

One of the commentators said that after this pick, our team may be one of the most athletic in the league!  Wow.

Basically like a WAR metric. It was Zion and Brandon "Sparky" Clarke at the top and it wasn't even close.

2 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

A future 2nd round pick is nothing to make sure that you get your guy. If the Grizzlies covet him that much, it’s more than worth a 2nd rounder. 

Love the aggressive, proactive approach. 

Thats what we always say and then never have assets to really do anything .