Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reisen

Tankzzlies

We

2 minutes ago, f-dizzle said:

The team is terrible, but no THAT terrible. We are definitely losing on purpose. 

We would have at least 23 wins right now if Evans had been healthy 

On 18/3/2018 at 2:12 AM, smit-tay griz said:

What's up?  Seems like you haven't been here for years.  You only come around when we're in last place?

49 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Bamba is Nerlens Noel.

Or hasheem thabeet.

19 hours ago, Allen said:

We

I was here when Pau was one of the Best 

Carefull with making same past errors see Thabeeeeeeet 

Evans will play for sure if the Grizz were in PO contention 

I'm ok with the tank. We need to build for the future and people need to remember GNG is gone. WE have to get ready for the new NBA. 

13 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

I'm ok with the tank. We need to build for the future and people need to remember GNG is gone. WE have to get ready for the new NBA. 

If the Grizzlies goal is to emulate the elite teams in the league then they will struggle for a long time. I believe they need to create their own identity where they can excel at playing against the other teams. GNG was an attitude not a strategy. The Grizzlies need to maintain that attitude and develop a strategy that can excel in contrast to the current style of play. 

9 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

If the Grizzlies goal is to emulate the elite teams in the league then they will struggle for a long time. I believe they need to create their own identity where they can excel at playing against the other teams. GNG was an attitude not a strategy. The Grizzlies need to maintain that attitude and develop a strategy that can excel in contrast to the current style of play. 

Completely agree. It doesn't matter if some people associate GnG with a particular style of play (I blame the national press for that,) we should be able to keep the attitude even if the roster and the style change over time.

16 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I agree. I think the size/sklll gap that existed for a few years will be closing and skilled bigs will kill small ball. Unless you have THREE of the best shooters in NBA history,  trying to redo the Warriors is not the way.

43 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Yes that identity needs to be a style that maximizes the skillsets of their best players.   That was also key to the GNG era success.   Hollins understood that our best players were best at playing halfcourt basketball and aggressive defense. 

Whatever coach we have going into the new era will need to quickly identify what style of offense best fits Conley our Lotto pick and hopefully Tyreke.   Then our (hopefully new) GM needs to acquire guys that fit that identity/style.    Guys like Brooks, Selden, and Harrison are showing that they are versatile enough to play in whichever style the team sticks with going forward. 

40 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

I agree. I think the size/sklll gap that existed for a few years will be closing and skilled bigs will kill small ball. Unless you have THREE of the best shooters in NBA history,  trying to redo the Warriors is not the way.

Agreed, I think the league will next move to wanting bigs that play like guards.

This is very disturbing. Memphis X, GTF and I are all in agreement. 

Scientists warn that armageddon is coming for California

53 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

I have been seeing that too. The big man will return imo.

Benching Gasol and Evans because they won a game vs Denver? The first win since January.

The league warned Chicago to stop with that obvious tanking BS.

Why are they not warning Memphis.

Gasol had an official excuse (hey, he might have actually been sick!) Evans is just back from an injury, plus we played Parsons and Harrison, the latter back from injury. We have more leeway than Chicago who didn't have any health issues to begin with and didn't even bother to fake them.

Like it or not the league will punish the appearance of tanking more than the tanking itself.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, Allen said:

We

and picking around 8th in the draft 

4 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Benching Gasol and Evans because they won a game vs Denver? The first win since January.

The league warned Chicago to stop with that obvious tanking BS.

Why are they not warning Memphis.

because they feel sorry for the grizzlies for never having a SUPERSTAR on there team. this will be the year

4 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

we'd get the same level player.

I don.t think so

I  would love to see the Grizzlies draft dukes Marvin bagley or Arizona Deander Ayton. if the grizzlies draft one of those players and stay heathy next year we will make the play-off

Dillon brooks needs to grow into 18-20 ppg players 

7 hours ago, chipc3 said:

This is very disturbing. Memphis X, GTF and I are all in agreement. 

Scientists warn that armageddon is coming for California

My thinking exactly ! How ... what?!?

For what it’s worth- count me in too .