bhoyal

Trading one for 2 on draft picks

On 2/20/2018 at 2:58 PM, The Stro Show said:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/robert-williams

Peep homie's NBA comparison. You know what to do Wallace. I am on Team Robert Williams and I've never even seen him play.

I'll be seeing him up close in person in 3 days and will let you know how he does... but Vandy's strength is not post players right now so it may be hard to judge.  If this was next year and he was going against Simi ****tu (consensus 5 star and McD-AA) over on West End, THAT would be something to go on.  If he can't get a 20/10 double-double Saturday, I won't be too psyched up about him.

Ado, the 6-11 freshman at Mississippi State outscored him 19 to 11 head-to-head the other night.

On 2/19/2018 at 2:49 PM, bhoyal said:

This will be the most important draft pick coming up in franchise history.   

More important than the one where we didn't get Steve Francis? 
More important than the one where we didn't get James Harden? 

Nah. 

On 2/20/2018 at 2:58 PM, The Stro Show said:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/robert-williams

Peep homie's NBA comparison. You know what to do Wallace. I am on Team Robert Williams and I've never even seen him play.

OK, I just watched him play up close in person.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.  Not worth a high first round pick, but...**

**He had braces on both knees... he didn't dunk in warm-ups that I recall and only really elevated in the game once and that was to finish a nice alley-oop.  Got position well on one rebound and passed the ball pretty good.  Shot a "3" and it was worse than a brick.  It was more like a boulder... it missed everything.  Was 1 for 3 at the free throw line.

Verdict: if he knees are an issue, move on to another favorite draft pick prospect.   If his knees get better, re-visit and re-evaluate later...but my gut feeling is he is NOT an immediate impact NBA player.  

19 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Verdict: if he knees are an issue, move on to another favorite draft pick prospect.   If his knees get better, re-visit and re-evaluate later...but my gut feeling is he is NOT an immediate impact NBA player.  

Oof sounds bad. I was just kidding drafting him anyway. He's projected mid-first, so I'm hoping we wont even worry about a player like that.