Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies opponents - 2017 Free agents and trades

33 minutes ago, Dwash said:

The blow it up crowd wants high lottery picks.  They feel that if you gonna be lottery, you might as well be in the high part.

I'll give them till we get out that 2019 pick debt. After that there's no excuse to not do a full-blown rebuild.

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I'll give them till we get out that 2019 pick debt. After that there's no excuse to not do a full-blown rebuild.

I agree I want to start fresh in 2020 with a full slate of picks.

4 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

Nah I know who they are now and I do think that's enough to creep in but would prefer to upgrade and be more competitive

You do? I don't. Who are they? Right now, we have Harrison, Selden, and Baldwin signed. Are one of those the starting SG? Maybe Ennis? As of PF, we only have Brandan Wright, DD, Martin and Ivan Rabb signed. Are one of those the starting PF? Ain't no guaranteed Z-Bo or JaM will be back. i have no idea who will be our starting SG and PF at this time. 

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

If we don't make it, then we will have a chance at the lottery. Win, win.

The hilarious part about this is the fact that the blow it up crowd keeps really insisting the grizzlies won't make the playoffs.

I thought one of the tenants of the blow it up crowd is getting lottery picks. Why continue warning us about it. You should be happy.

My thinking is that the blow it up crowd doesnt believe this, and they are actually more worried that the grizzlies will make the playoffs, which is what they don't want.

I hope we make the playoffs but right now there is a ton of uncertainty. Most of that will be resolved by the end of next week but even then other teams still got better.

30 minutes ago, Thomas said:

For the Shabazz Muhammad fans on this board:

I doubt if we have enough to get him. He's going to get at least $8 mil if not closer to $10 mil per. 

I like him, but he's more of a power type SF. He can't play SG imo. 

We're pretty much guaranteed to miss the playoffs at this point, if POR makes a decent move then just forget about it 

13 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

You are never going to convince me that trading mike or marc makes us a better team.

I don't care if marc is playing with one leg and we could get 2 first round picks for him. Mike plays his *** off, and doesn't complain about his troubles or having a steel plate in his face. 

You can stop trying to convince me. There is joy watching them do what they do. Maybe the grizzlies don't have the talent around them to win a title, but I couldn't care less, I wouldn't even be a warriors fan even if I lived in golden State because the manufactured championship is like a foregone conclusion. I'd much rather see a bunch of nobody's give them hell, which the grizzlies do that every year.

Exactly ???

Lowry getting $100mil/3y

That's more than Mike per year.

Given that the almost unanimous consensus amongst commentators is that Mike was worth every dollar last season, is Mike's contract fair value now???

14 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Lowry getting $100mil/3y

That's more than Mike per year.

Given that the almost unanimous consensus amongst commentators is that Mike was worth every dollar last season, is Mike's contract fair value now???

Being that Jrue Holiday got a contract in the neighborhood of Mike's, yes, it's about the going rate for an experienced starting PG in this new world.