Sign in to follow this  
CarlCR

11 Games Left - Grizzlies Stuck In 7Th Place?

Here's the latest look at the Western Conference standings minus the top 3 spots. Schedule of last 11 games.

I think the Grizzlies blew their chance to climb to 6th place or better with loss to New Orleans. But, stranger things have happened in seasons, so I'm not counting them out from getting a better playoff spot. But their schedule doesn't lend itself to that unless the Grizzlies play much better, Just look at who they have left to play.

Grizzlies have double digit loses to team under .500

Recently I read somewhere that the Grizzlies could we the NBA Championship this year??

#Wow! I wonder what made the writer of that article believe that? Hopefully that was at the beginning of the season! At the rate of March Madness they could have possibly gotta beaten in the NCAA Tourney

Recently I read somewhere that the Grizzlies could we the NBA Championship this year??

#Wow! I wonder what made the writer of that article believe that? Hopefully that was at the beginning of the season! At the rate of March Madness they could have possibly gotta beaten in the NCAA Tourney! I doubt it, but hey they do lose to some of the less talented teams in the league.

Are the Grizzlies going to make the playoffs? If you believe they will then yes they have a chance to win the title. Not exactly a great chance or even a good chance but a chance just the same. The reality is that today the Grizzlies are 2-1 against the Warriors, 2-1 against San Antonio, 2-2 against Houston, 1-1 against Cleveland and 2-1 against Utah. Those are the teams with the best chance to win the title. It's not an extreme statement to say the Grizzlies could win the title this season. 

They'll need to shoot a lot better and defend harder but it is possible.  :)

If Gasol isn't saving himself for the playoffs, we should find a way to shop him offseason or next year.

Can't be coasting hard with seeding on the line vs the Spurs or kryptonite

If Gasol isn't saving himself for the playoffs, we should find a way to shop him offseason or next year.

Can't be coasting hard with seeding on the line vs the Spurs or kryptonite

Gasol was 6-15 from the floor which means he took the second most shots on the team. He had 10 rebounds which is far above his season average. His plus minus was a respectable -2. I don't know if I would say he was coasting last night. He wasn't efficient with his shooting and 6 TOs but he was definitely not coasting. 

Gasol was 6-15 from the floor which means he took the second most shots on the team. He had 10 rebounds which is far above his season average. His plus minus was a respectable -2. I don't know if I would say he was coasting last night. He wasn't efficient with his shooting and 6 TOs but he was definitely not coasting.

Defensively he is coasting.. On offense he's allergic to the paint.

Just watching his body language, he's coasting.

I mean this has been an ongoing topic all year long.. And his whole career.. He just doesn't want it enough.. He's got a pretty bad mood swing problem.. Always head down always pouting or throwing a mental fit

I think sometimes people forget that Marc and Pau are cut from the same cloth. 

There's a reason why Pau looked so much better next to an alpha. The same can be said for Marc too. He's a great player and can be elite at a bunch of things when he wants to. But, I hate that he lacks that leadership ability and alpha dog mentality.

There's a reason why Pau looked so much better next to an alpha. The same can be said for Marc too. He's a great player and can be elite at a bunch of things when he wants to. But, I hate that he lacks that leadership ability and alpha dog mentality.

I can smoke a bag of that.

Pau took Kobe Bryant, yes. Marc takes an entire organization, a full coaching staff, all teammates to even get 1 out of every 5 games from him to be assertive.

It's so obvious it's just their genetics, the amount of hate Pau got in LA for being soft was unreal, which coined the phrase Gasoft first. Marc is no different, the only difference is Pau went out and overcame it with the Lakers..Marc has not.

Pau took Kobe Bryant, yes. Marc takes an entire organization, a full coaching staff, all teammates to even get 1 out of every 5 games from him to be assertive.

It's so obvious it's just their genetics, the amount of hate Pau got in LA for being soft was unreal, which coined the phrase Gasoft first. Marc is no different, the only difference is Pau went out and overcame it with the Lakers..Marc has not.

Phil Jackson, Derek Fisher, the triangle offense and an organization/city that wasn't going to kiss his butt didn't exactly hurt either.

But really I thought LA just gave him a chance to not have to create his own offense all of the time more than anything and face defenses geared to stop just him.  I really think it was just that simple.

Gasoft was penned by a Memphis radio guy (Jeff Wienberger I believe) long before Pau left for LA I believe. I can't think of his name right now but he was a negative Nelly about everything. He used to try and upset people so they'd call in ala Howard Stern but with less talent. He also came up with the expression "plastic points" to describe how Pau would score 18 points in 3 quarters but finish with only 20 in the game. 

Marc is not nearly as soft as Pau is either. That doesn't mean either player can succeed being a top dog player in the NBA but they are very different in their style of play. 

Gasoft was penned by a Memphis radio guy (Jeff Wienberger I believe) long before Pau left for LA I believe. I can't think of his name right now but he was a negative Nelly about everything. He used to try and upset people so they'd call in ala Howard Stern but with less talent. He also came up with the expression "plastic points" to describe how Pau would score 18 points in 3 quarters but finish with only 20 in the game.

Marc is not nearly as soft as Pau is either. That doesn't mean either player can succeed being a top dog player in the NBA but they are very different in their style of play.

Weinberger is correct. He was consistent in his views and knew how to bait the listener.

Phil Jackson, Derek Fisher, the triangle offense and an organization/city that wasn't going to kiss his butt didn't exactly hurt either.

But really I thought LA just gave him a chance to not have to create his own offense all of the time more than anything and face defenses geared to stop just him. I really think it was just that simple.

Which further proves the Gasols just hate being the man.

No TA has improved his worth while Gasol has digressed.

Digress - 

verb (used without object)

to deviate or wander away from the main topic or purpose in speaking or writing; depart from
 the principal line of argument, plot, study, etc.

Digress -

verb (used without object)

to deviate or wander away from the main topic or purpose in speaking or writing; depart from

the principal line of argument, plot, study, etc.

Oh boo hoo sorry my phone likes to auto correct into incorrect words

we may be 8 seed portland is coming up fast

7or 8 seed its over