Sign in to follow this  
New_Sacred_Cow

Phoenix @ Memphis 02/08/17

I like how Brevin and Pete are acting like they can't see that Troy Daniels cursed out Booker and started this whole thing.

Yeah Brevin has been really annoying lately.

I don't mind TD being a bit cocky to guys like Booker, everyone else is pretty tame and respectful.

If TD continues to disrespect teams with 3s that is.

Dude is so automatic it's crazy.

TD and Wright fit like a glove with our team.

In the areana it looked like TD mouthed "Thank You" while looking at the guy that fouled him on the three

Ok, so let's just take what you said as the truth (which i don't believe, it's just trash talk) So if Daniels said to Booker, in your words, some come fight me words, why was Booker on the other end of the court and why did Williams(?) run up instigating stuff and why is Ulis pushing TD. It makes no sense. It's just words. Why are Williams and Ulis taking offense to it more than Booker did if it was directed at Booker? They were just frustrated they were losing and thought the Grizz were rubbing it in. Haven't they lost like 8 out of 9 or something? Did that WIlliams guy even hear what TD said? How do we know that Booker didn't say something worse earlier in the game? Didn't Booker kick TD while fouling? Totally blown up for no reason whatsoever.

Booker was on the other end after running past Daniels from challenging his shot. He also walked towards Booker but Williams was closer.

Me nor you nor Brevin knows what went on during the rest of the game. From THE PART WE SAW Daniels was the clear provoker yet Brevin went on and on about Williams. Thats all I was saying. And ofcourse, saying it while winning by 18 doesnt help.

And if you dont think ***** *** <NOPE> is fighting words go to any community center or local park where many of these guys came up and say that to someone and see what happens. Teens even shooting over stuff like that now.

Edited by New_Sacred_Cow
Removed inappropriate word

Booker was on the other end after running past Daniels from challenging his shot. He also walked towards Booker but Williams was closer.

Me nor you nor Brevin knows what went on during the rest of the game. From THE PART WE SAW Daniels was the clear provoker yet Brevin went on and on about Williams. Thats all I was saying. And ofcourse, saying it while winning by 18 doesnt help.

And if you dont think ***** *** <NOPE> is fighting words go to any community center or local park where many of these guys came up and say that to someone and see what happens. Teens even shooting over stuff like that now.

I'm not surprised it was devin booker. The guy is always starting ****, basically with anybody. He did it last game with zbo of all people. The guy clearly don't give a ****.

Edited by New_Sacred_Cow
Removing word from quote

Pat on the back for Td from me. That's totally not in his character to cuss. I'm betting Booker was getting triggered all game by him and gave him a hard foul for it. Triggered= petty anger just an fyi

Ok, so let's just take what you said as the truth (which i don't believe, it's just trash talk) So if Daniels said to Booker, in your words, some come fight me words, why was Booker on the other end of the court and why did Williams(?) run up instigating stuff and why is Ulis pushing TD. It makes no sense. It's just words. Why are Williams and Ulis taking offense to it more than Booker did if it was directed at Booker? They were just frustrated they were losing and thought the Grizz were rubbing it in. Haven't they lost like 8 out of 9 or something? Did that WIlliams guy even hear what TD said? How do we know that Booker didn't say something worse earlier in the game? Didn't Booker kick TD while fouling? Totally blown up for no reason whatsoever. 

Yes, the recap clip at NBA.COM shows the foul slowed down. Looks like a very sneaky attempt to take Daniels feet out from under him.

I'm not surprised it was devin booker. The guy is always starting ****, basically with anybody. He did it last game with zbo of all people. The guy clearly don't give a ****.

Totally agree, as I said, he is a hothead, and he spat the dummy because TroyD was giving them the bizness by laying 3s on them late in the game.

Kind of like the way OKC carried on after TroyD layed it on them.

The talk is just trash, its the 3s and anhiliation at the end of games that started this

Where does it say when you are competing that you let up when they are beat and dont shoot 3s?

Good stuff by TroyD - they need to learn "we dont bluff!"

I don't think Booker is going to shoot up Daniels over this. I know this is a "family friendly" board, but come on. People talk ish in pro games.

And I think you censored the wrong word, lmao

Edited by New_Sacred_Cow
Removing word from quote

"You talk trash sometimes," Booker said of his words with Daniels. "I don't know why he'd be talking trash with me. He's been on five teams in three years, and he has the nerve to talk trash to me?"

Answer: Yeah, he does dude, because you got your a** whupped TWICE, and are coming dead last. When you actually win a game you might be able to talk.

Fan quote taken from Suns game thread on RealGM board........

Phoenix-Sons

Sophomore Posts: 174 And1: 89 Joined: Dec 27, 2016 xphoenix_suns.gif.pagespeed.ic.A4oO84LTH  xnew_york_yankees.gif.pagespeed.ic.BdJ-U  xbuffalo_bills.gif.pagespeed.ic.oPU7HWiG  xbuffalo_sabres.gif.pagespeed.ic.LsKOp0o  xmichigan.gif.pagespeed.ic.emYl8SFNfz.pn
Re: Game 53: Suns (16-36) @ Grizzlies (32-22)

Post#46 » by Phoenix-Sons » Today 3:01 am

Mike Conley should change his name to Mike Conthree after tonight.

Yes, the recap clip at NBA.COM shows the foul slowed down. Looks like a very sneaky attempt to take Daniels feet out from under him.

Exactly. Booker started this by kicking Daniels foot and trying to take out his legs while he was in the air. If he never did this, none of this would have happened. DWash if you wanna talk about what will start fights in community centers then take someone's legs out from under them and see what happens. As several people have mentioned, Booker is a hot heat who talks trash and starts stuff, you know, like kicking people feet while they are in the air. TD reacted much more civilly than I would have. He just said some words. Trying to blame this on TD is insane. The Suns were the ones who were physical. Booker kicked TD's foot while he was in the air, TD responded with words, Alan Williams who barely even plays responded to TD's words directed at Booker by running up on TD and then Tyler Ulis comes out of nowhere and shoves TD, Marquese Chriss did something physical by running up in JAM's face. How in the world can anyone try to blame this on TD, let alone a Grizz fan, he reacted to a physical action done to him by Booker and then he reacted to a physical action from Tyler Ulis, just like JAM reacted to a physical action from Chriss. The Suns were the clear instigators. it never would have happened if Booker didn't kick TD's foot, it never would have escalated if Williams didn't run up and Chriss didn't run up, if Ulis didn't push TD. The Suns instigated this simple and plain. 

"You talk trash sometimes," Booker said of his words with Daniels. "I don't know why he'd be talking trash with me. He's been on five teams in three years, and he has the nerve to talk trash to me?"

Answer: Yeah, he does dude, because you got your a** whupped TWICE, and are coming dead last. When you actually win a game you might be able to talk.

Exactly, it was trash talk and Booker and team were frustrated from losing so much. They are 2-8 in their last 10 games and in last place in the West. it was frustration and the actions of Suns' players that started this mess, not trash talk from TD. 

Edited by New_Sacred_Cow
Removing word from quote

Exactly. Booker started this by kicking Daniels foot and trying to take out his legs while he was in the air. If he never did this, none of this would have happened. DWash if you wanna talk about what will start fights in community centers then take someone's legs out from under them and see what happens. As several people have mentioned, Booker is a hot heat who talks trash and starts stuff, you know, like kicking people feet while they are in the air. TD reacted much more civilly than I would have. He just said some words. Trying to blame this on TD is insane. The Suns were the ones who were physical. Booker kicked TD's foot while he was in the air, TD responded with words, Alan Williams who barely even plays responded to TD's words directed at Booker by running up on TD and then Tyler Ulis comes out of nowhere and shoves TD, Marquese Chriss did something physical by running up in JAM's face. How in the world can anyone try to blame this on TD, let alone a Grizz fan, he reacted to a physical action done to him by Booker and then he reacted to a physical action from Tyler Ulis, just like JAM reacted to a physical action from Chriss. The Suns were the clear instigators. it never would have happened if Booker didn't kick TD's foot, it never would have escalated if Williams didn't run up and Chriss didn't run up, if Ulis didn't push TD. The Suns instigated this simple and plain. 

Exactly, it was trash talk and Booker and team were frustrated from losing so much. They are 2-8 in their last 10 games and in last place in the West. it was frustration and the actions of Suns' players that started this mess, not trash talk from TD. 

Sorry, but I watched it several times and I don't see where Booker's legs really goes out of a straight line.  It looks to me like feet got tangled which happens on a run by shot challenge.  But you guys along with Brevin are free to conjure up whatever story you want to.

Sorry, but I watched it several times and I don't see where Booker's legs really goes out of a straight line.  It looks to me like feet got tangled which happens on a run by shot challenge.  But you guys along with Brevin are free to conjure up whatever story you want to.

I have to agree with Dwash. Not to mention, when you are up double digits at home with barely more than a minute remaining shooting threes and then gloating about making it won't make you a lot of friends on the opposing team. Show some class and just let the game get over with. 

Please don't act like the Phoenix Suns and Devin Booker are the ones who interpreted the fight. When Daniels say "BAN" that deserves an automatic ejection. I understand about what you guys are referring to about what Pete and/or Brevin said, but they do work for the Grizzlies TV, of course a little bias is going to come out. It wasn't even a fight to be honest. It was some dude who shot a 3 pointer while his team was up by 10+ points with a little over a minute to go, I would be ****** off too if that happens, and my team was on the losing side. Of course emotions are going to come out, especially from a competitor. No wonder Troy Daniels has been on 5 teams in 3 years, or something like that.

I assume there had been something going on between Daniels and Booker the past few plays before the issue. Guys talk trash all game long to each other. It didn't even bother Booker on the replay. It was the other two guys coming in to start something.

So what if Daniels has been on multiple teams. Booker of all people shouldn't have anything to say to someone who has been in the league longer than him. This plus the shove on ZBo last game, the dude has some little guy issues.

The Grizz seem to be finally hitting their stride in terms of the earlier months building towards the last week or two.  Wright returning helps, Douglas also seems to help.  If Parsons can return to his production of every other year of his career, and start averaging 30 mins, it can improve even more.  The injury front is starting to look really good, hopefully it can stay that way for the next few months.

Daniels went pretty much straight up and down. Booker ran by, in front of Daniels, into Daniels' space with his feet turned toward Daniels. That's why I called it sneaky.

For those of you who think it was wrong for TD to shoot that three at the end have you forgotten how we had a lead against the Thunder and blew it in the last couple minutes?  I'm glad they didn't let up.  We were up 15, it isn't like we were up 25.