Sign in to follow this  
kfilament

Random Streaming Question

Searched all over the forums, couldn't see anyone discussing it, but curious if anyone watches the games on FS Southeast via Sling/Vue services.  It appears that they have both, but I just activated the free trial of Vue and I am receiving FS Southwest (aka Mavs tonight) instead of the Grizzlies game.  It's obviously based on zip code, but being in north MS I should be getting Southeast.  Anywho, just curious if anyone else has experience with these streaming services.  Thanks in advance. Go Grizz.

Been a while! Haven't stopped following Grizz though! Just finished grad school and entered real world last few years.  Shockingly having a job gets in way of posting as frequently here! Grad school was great for Grizz posting. Also, a lot less to B&M about the last few years for sure!

An update for anyone interested in cord cutting:

1) Using VUE you are supposed to get FS Southeast.  However, in Oxford I get Southwest. Sony says Fox makes that call and it changes what you get with some relative frequency.  They suggested I contact Fox and let them know that I don't care to watch the Mavs. BUT! With a Vue log-in you can use your AppleTV or Amazon FireTV (or phone or whatever) to download and use the FOX Sports-To-Go app which will allow you to watch Grizz games.  I was not blacked out via this method. Stream quality was quite nice, and since it was election night I am sure there was quite a load on my network connection, so I feel like it should be a solid way to watch games going forward.

2) On Sling, with the blue package (I think) you get a bunch of FS network alternates, one of which is the Grizz.  Watched this feed for a few minutes and it was also of high quality.

Overall review: To get both Sling packages (which I would need) it is $40 and includes Grizz capabilities.  To get the package I want for Vue (the 70+ channel package, which includes ESPNs/AMC/FX/Fox Sports regional/SEC) it is $35.  You will have to, for now, watch Grizz through Fox Sports-To-Go app.  I have failed to mention the main decision maker for me: DVR capabilities.  Sling offers none, well...none that are easy. Vue offers a cloud based DVR that should be more than sufficient for me. I only DVR 3-4 shows that I know I will miss each week.  Most everything is available on-demand these days, so DVR use is much lower, but still nice to have it.

Another aside: this is all based on my zip code.  From what I gather talking to Sony help line, being in one zip code vs one next door can cause a LOT of variance, some of it inexplicable geographically.  They both offer free 7 day trials, so if you are considering it I would encourage you to plan for a week in which grizz have some games to test it out. Also, another note: Vue, to me at least, is far more streamlined than Sling and seems more intuitive.  Also, you can use it on the PS3 or PS4 if you already have one of those.

You will have to, for now, watch Grizz through Fox Sports-To-Go app. 

NOPE! Blacked out for Memphians even though they freaking advertise that we can watch the games via FSG on the broadcasts themselves (at least with comcast)

I cut the cord and use family members' logins for watching a lot of shows but there is no legal way to stream the grizzlies without paying for some service like this or a VPN or something. Or pay $50/mo for cable...