Sign in to follow this  
BeastModeGrizz

Mario Chalmers In Grizzlies Court?!

Mario Chalmers Twitted while on the Grizzlies court and even mentioned in the tweet "Now is the time to Grind"?!! Could he be back to us soon? It is on Fansided site, sorry I dont know how to post the link on the

This is what he actually wrote:

You ready for your season? Now's the time to grind w/@getShotTracker. http://bit.ly/1Yi0130 #everyshotcounts

9:00 AM - 27 Oct 2016

Mario Chalmers Twitted while on the Grizzlies court and even mentioned in the tweet "Now is the time to Grind"?!! Could he be back to us soon? It is on Fansided site, sorry I dont know how to post the link on the

This is what he actually wrote:

You ready for your season? Now's the time to grind w/@getShotTracker. http://bit.ly/1Yi0130 #everyshotcounts

9:00 AM - 27 Oct 2016

At this point a half speed past his prime Chalmers is a better PG prospect over a fully healthy Harrison. 

5 games and people are giving up on a rookie simply because they have seen him play too much too soon. 

Wow. Talk about pathetic. I'm not a big fan of rookies but I don't give up on them this quickly. 

5 games and people are giving up on a rookie simply because they have seen him play too much too soon. 

Wow. Talk about pathetic. I'm not a big fan of rookies but I don't give up on them this quickly. 

C'mon chip.

Giving up on a rookie would be like us talking about how Baldwin had 5 turnovers last night and didn't look great. Then, we would say let's get a veteran in here to play over him.

This is about a guy who 1) wasn't a 1st round pick, 2) didn't show flashes of being a good NBA player in college, much of summer league or right now. If we spent a 1st on Harrison, I'll be more interested in trying to develop him. At this time? We have 3 guys on our roster who I would rather us invest more time in (Baldwin, Martin and Davis). We'll be lying if we said all of these guys have looked GREAT in all 4 games. They haven't, but they have shown FLASHES, which is what you look for in a young player. 

Chalmers would be an obvious upgrade over any of the young guards we currently have. That's not a shot at them, Chalmers is just a better PG than them at this point.

Chalmers would be an obvious upgrade over any of the young guards we currently have. That's not a shot at them, Chalmers is just a better PG than them at this point.

Chalmers would also allow us to rest Mike more and still feasibly win games.   Now that Tony is back the excuse of playing Harrison for his defense is gone.    If Fiz wants another ball-handler alongside Conley then Wade has shown to be the more effective option.  

Not to mention that Chalmers is already adept at playing on and off the ball and familiar with Fiz and Conley.  As soon as Chalmers is available the trigger should be pulled. 

C'mon chip.

Giving up on a rookie would be like us talking about how Baldwin had 5 turnovers last night and didn't look great. Then, we would say let's get a veteran in here to play over him.

This is about a guy who 1) wasn't a 1st round pick, 2) didn't show flashes of being a good NBA player in college, much of summer league or right now. If we spent a 1st on Harrison, I'll be more interested in trying to develop him. At this time? We have 3 guys on our roster who I would rather us invest more time in (Baldwin, Martin and Davis). We'll be lying if we said all of these guys have looked GREAT in all 4 games. They haven't, but they have shown FLASHES, which is what you look for in a young player. 

It's 5 games! I agree Harrison shouldn't be playing that much right now. Injuries have forced the coaches hand somewhat but it is way too early to give up on anything. 

It may be pathetic to you but I am entitled to my own opinion. I am a Grizzly fan and I also want the best for my team. I could be wrong and Harrison can turn out to be a great player someday but I am just voicing out ny OWN opinion and I don't care about yours!

It may be pathetic to you but I am entitled to my own opinion. I am a Grizzly fan and I also want the best for my team. I could be wrong and Harrison can turn out to be a great player someday but I am just voicing out ny OWN opinion and I don't care about yours!

sounds like you are taking your ball and going home...?

slim.

If there is any consistency here at all, we have to agree that Chalmers is made of glass, can't stay on the court, who needs an old guy coming off a serious injury, etc. etc.

If there is any consistency here at all, we have to agree that Chalmers is made of glass, can't stay on the court, who needs an old guy coming off a serious injury, etc. etc.

this is where i know that i could never be a gm.

i'd have him a spot already ready.

after what he brought to our team..no doubt in my mind.

not saying you are wrong...just saying im a fan.

slim.

You wouldn't waive Harrison to sign Rio?

You wouldn't waive Harrison to sign Rio?

Probably not. There are a lot of unknowns here of course. Do the Grizzlies have the ability to sign Chalmers and waive Harrison without going over the cap? Will Chalmers accept whatever money the Grizzlies have to offer? Would Chalmers be any better recovering from his injury than Baldwin and Harrison developing along the way? 

Personally I don't think he will be. Chalmers will have lost a step or two from the injury. He won't have the explosive step that allowed him to be such a terror defensively. I doubt he would take a minimum contract right now this early in the season. When it is closer to the date when the Grizzlies have to decide on picking up Harrison's contract or not I'm sure they will look at the alternatives if needed but until then (I believe it is mid-December) they will continue to try and develop their rookies and see what they have before making a move. 

I'm with chip o_O.

Seriously, my major problem with Harrison is that I don't think he is really a PG. He is a combo guard that needs to learn how to shoot. Shooting is a skill that in 2-3 years he could become a very cheap diamond in the rough. He he really worked at it he could make himself a very valuable asset.

The key thing is that the team shouldn't rely on Harrison or Baldwin to run the point at this point in their careers. I am holding out hope that Rio can come back at least 80% of what he was last season as the backup PG in January/February. At which point, neither Harrison nor Baldwin would see much of the floor unless they are in Iowa

I'd waive Harrison in a heartbeat. Having a vet backup PG would help out in more ways than one plus it is another guard you could pair with Conley if need be.

Chalmers/Baldwin/Ennis/Davis is a nice group to have for the bench squad.

Unless they think Wright is done for the year, I definitely think Harrison is the only cutable player.

Maybe they have been trying to feature him to stir up a trade value on him?

Is Mario attending Grizzlies practice?

If so, he wouldnt be doing that without some verbal agreement with the F.O. including re-signing for a year.....

Where else is he gonna go? Cleveland so he can be yelled at by Lebron again? Lol. Let him come back here n work for a new big money contract for next year. Baldwin/healthy Chalmers duo off the bench would be so nasty.