Sign in to follow this  
New_Sacred_Cow

Memphis @ Minnesota 11/01/16

I think Fiz felt as if the team would have spent too much energy and effort trying to beat a team that we don't seem to matchup with all that well. You see how bad we struggled at times against them last week.

Just one game, and now he can play everyone the next 4 games or so with at least a day of rest in between each game.

I wouldn't make occurrences like tonight a regular thing, though. Certainly don't need to be conceding games like this. With the overall health of our team looking promising over the next couple weeks, I think it's actually pretty smart to let some of the young guys get some burn early on.

Wasn't able to watch, how'd the young guys look beyond the box score?

Love that he's developing our young talent but I feel like it'd be smarter to be resting Marc and Mike and whoever else when we're playing like the Warriors or Spurs instead of punting games we should be winning.

that was my point earlier. Why show our cards playing opposition we are likely to meet in the finals, putting in great effort to maybe win/maybe lose when we can get a W off a "weaker" team with all starters playing and then resting them (and not showing our cards) against GSW, SAS etc with an overall same result in the W-L record?

anyway, i will accept Fizz's decisions right now....

Ya'll complainin about Fiz sittin Marc and Mike but its the 4th game in 5 nights, 1st of a b2b, 4th game of the season, n they're both comin off of major injuries from last year.

To those sayin every loss counts. True they do but right now there's plenty of room for error. We can make up for losses in november. Its a different story in April.

I'll disagree, you can't make up for losses, a win in April is worth no more than a win in November.  The reason games in April become so big is because you gave away games in November that put you in a must win in April.

I believe you never give away games, period... Everyone wants to be like Pop, the way they do that is to set players like him, problem is Pop doesn't sit players to give games away, he still has the pieces to win those games... That team the Griz put on the floor tonight had NO chance of beating a winless Timberwolves team.

These players rested all summer, you are 4 games into the season and you are resting them again?  I could understand a couple months into the season but not 4 games....   Everyone wants to be like Pop...Pop doesn't win championships because he sits players, he wins because he knows how to coach and is a great in-game coach.

I'll disagree, you can't make up for losses, a win in April is worth no more than a win in November.  The reason games in April become so big is because you gave away games in November that put you in a must win in April.

I believe you never give away games, period... Everyone wants to be like Pop, the way they do that is to set players like him, problem is Pop doesn't sit players to give games away, he still has the pieces to win those games... That team the Griz put on the floor tonight had NO chance of beating a winless Timberwolves team.

These players rested all summer, you are 4 games into the season and you are resting them again?  I could understand a couple months into the season but not 4 games....   Everyone wants to be like Pop...Pop doesn't win championships because he sits players, he wins because he knows how to coach and is a great in-game coach.

I am utterly amazed by people cheering this mess.

We had $360 million+ sitting over on the bench tonight against a winless team. 

If Marc and Mike need to rest the 4th game of year how are they gonna possibly play in the 14th or 24th game.

I could see the minutes restrictions but to not play them at all? Why pay them all that money if they can play?

I never thought I would see the day that people cheer the Memphis Grizzlies head coach GIVING away a basketball game.

I am utterly amazed by people cheering this mess.

We had $360 million+ sitting over on the bench tonight against a winless team. 

If Marc and Mike need to rest the 4th game of year how are they gonna possibly play in the 14th or 24th game.

I could see the minutes restrictions but to not play them at all? Why pay them all that money if they can play?

I never thought I would see the day that people cheer the Memphis Grizzlies head coach GIVING away a basketball game.

yeah I don't understand it either, I guess it's still early and folks want to believe...

I'm with Chris Weber when they mentioned that the Griz were resting Marc and Mike he said "in the first week? wow"

Mike has no business sitting out he's not old and he's not coming off an injury hr sat out all of last season to prevent an injury so there should be no reason for him to be sitting out now.

Mike has no business sitting out he's not old and he's not coming off an injury hr sat out all of last season to prevent an injury so there should be no reason for him to be sitting out now.

I agree.  Between Mike, Marc, Parsons and Zbo you can give each one a game off sometimes but with Parsons out you can't sit both Mike and Marc.

I agree.  Between Mike, Marc, Parsons and Zbo you can give each one a game off sometimes but with Parsons out you can't sit both Mike and Marc.

but we barely beat the Twolves the first time with Mike and Marc playing full minutes.   No way we could've stop KAT without marc playing. Dunn is actually more effective than Rubio on top of that and its there home opener.  

This was a loss even with Conley playing (and no Gasol) so why not give him the night off too to be ready for the divisional foe in a B2B?

The idea of this early rest is so Mike and Marc will stop falling off a cliff production-wise after AllStarBreak.   Conley has been banged up every season and we all complain about it.   So why are we complaining about the team actually proactively addressing it?

Yea, we're not beating them with 1 guy. We would have needed both given the circumstances.

I will be somewhat upset if we lose tonight, though. Everyone except for Parsons and Wright will be ready. We are at home as well, so I'm expecting tonight to be a W. 

We started last season out 2-2 and then 3-6 with a HEALTHY roster. It also included several blowout losses. 

He's a small point guard pushing 30 whose game relies on athleticism and is always banged up by year's-end, that the front office just invested $150 million in. He's got every reason to sit a meaningless November game on a back-to-back.

A few people don't seem to understand the logic.
Away games have higher likelihood to be a loss.
The team just had a 1 day off after a back to back, before last night game.

Now starting today Memphis will play 4 games in 7 days all at home.

All home games are most win. So he wanted to have his starters at 100% before this home stand.
It would have been worse to have come home with a close away lose and with a tired team to start a home stand.
It was the statistically smart thing to do.

Ok lets clear something up Mike was never injured last year he just had the sore Achilles 

No, he was in the injured list first in January and then from March on. Achilles tendinitis is a serious injury that can easily turn into a ruptured Achilles and may even require surgery.

http://www.healthline.com/health/achilles-tendinitis#Treatment5

Simple home treatments can help Achilles tendonitis. However, if home treatment doesn’t work, it’s important to see a doctor. If your tendonitis gets worse, your tendon can tear. You may need medication or surgery to ease the pain.

In a case where this treatment isn’t effective, surgery may be necessary to repair the Achilles tendon. If the condition worsens and is left untreated, there’s a greater risk of an Achilles rupture, which requires a surgical intervention.

The team obviously took the most conservative course of action, but let's not act as if he "was never injured."