Sign in to follow this  
Ole Dirty Klondike

Good Win, But.......

I hope he uses his eyes and mind and knowledge there, GooRoo.

The irony of you calling someone thin skinned on this board :lol:

Im basically ignoring The Guru aka Mr. Cleo the prognosticator extraordinaire at this point because he's clearly gone off the deep end.

Man you just said you hoped that fizdale didn't base his in-game rotations on +/-.

Seriously, and you are thin-skinned when somebody points out the ridiculousness of it. Okay, man.

According this KBM "knowledge"

Conley, ZBo, and Ennis .... especially Ennis should have been pulled from the game as they boasted the only  negative time on the floor stats tonite.

According this KBM "knowledge"

Conley, ZBo, and Ennis .... especially Ennis should have been pulled from the game as they boasted the only  negative time on the floor stats tonite.

Zbo was in the game for more minutes in the fourth quarter than Marc and Mike. I was fine with Zbo being pulled because he'd already played 7 minutes of the fourth quarter.

I was more worried that he left mike out too long to be honest. But it turns out fiz coached it perfectly. But don't think I wasn't screaming at the tv to put mike back in the game.

But then again, I absolutely love what Baldwin brought. His stat line was absolutely beautiful, when is the last time we had a guard do that not-named conley. The guy has a chance to be really special. I also loved the defense he played on rubio. It was great to see.

I can only image how great this team is going to look when we get Tony and Parsons back, and for that matter wright. I LOVE the makeup of this team, young and old!

And can we give it up for vince! the guy played wiggins beautiful. 

team comes back from 20-3, but yeah people still complaining about things.

Grizz finally shooting 3's and playing the young ones, but yeah people still nitpick.

what the hell people.

This thread is sad. Just take the win and be quiet. You guys have become so spoiled

This thread is sad. Just take the win and be quiet. You guys have become so spoiled

I just want to say that I am done with berating the board. Last night everything came to a head for me, after having to hear all summer how terribly average this team was going to be moving forward, I had my one moment.

Everybody can support the team however they want to support them. You won't hear a peep from me. Great win last night by the grizz, by the way.

Last night showed me that last year was an aberration. The grizz are still the grizz and it's great to see that they are back. Can't wait till we get back the grindfather and pretty boy parsons in the fold.

Also, how about that wade baldwin! Great great great! 

I just want to say that I am done with berating the board. Last night everything came to a head for me, after having to hear all summer how terribly average this team was going to be moving forward, I had my one moment.

Everybody can support the team however they want to support them. You won't hear a peep from me. Great win last night by the grizz, by the way.

Last night showed me that last year was an aberration. The grizz are still the grizz and it's great to see that they are back. Can't wait till we get back the grindfather and pretty boy parsons in the fold.

Also, how about that wade baldwin! Great great great!

I'm having trouble figuring out where you think your bragging rights are coming from. We have won literally one game against a young non-playoff team at home. How does that at all indicate that we will be anything more than mediocre this year? We could lose our next ten games for all you know. Then what?

This, mind you, is coming from someone who has very high hopes for us this year.

It's a free country. I'm sure no one forced you to read the thread or post in the thread. i asked a legit question about the lineup down the stretch. Others gave me legit answers based on feedback form Fizz: Fizz thought that Harrison played good d on Lavine, he thought that VC played good d on Wiggins, and he thought that JAM brought a different level of athleticism which we saw put on display with his tip-in and block of KAT down the stretch.To me, people answered me legit question with legit answers and i appreciate that. Not sure what you see that is sad about that or why you want to infringe on my right to free speech by telling me to be quiet but you have a great, wonderful and blessed day because you're good enough, you're smart enough and doggone it, people like you. 

This, mind you, is coming from someone who has very high hopes for us this year.

From the: "are the grizzlies the second best team in the west" thread. Page 13. Response #248.

You said, and I quote:

Just. Tank.

Come on man. I am trying to be civil and just let everything go and enjoy the season. Stop with the whole goading me back into the mud. You clearly don't have high hopes for the season.

What was up with that rotation? Andrew Harrison led the team in minutes at 38 minutes, yet he was 1-7 from the field. 0-4 from 3 with 3 to's and he's on the floor at crunch time? I mean, it worked out in the end as we won but why was Z-Bo sitting? Why was Ennis sitting? It seemed like both of them were just warming up in the 2H.

I mean, I could have taken a Conley and Gasol with VC or Ennis or Baldwin or even JAM filling out the middle 3 positions, but Harrison? He looked lost out there. Both JAM and VC brought something, not sure what Harrison brought.

I understand it's just 1 game, it's probably situational and that we won, but will Fizz have confusing rotations going forward?

Perhaps Fizz wanted Harrison on the court for defensive purposes and his ability to keep his cool under pressure. I don't know this for a fact but just looking at a player's offensive production is missing half the story. 

The bigger question should be why does Fizzdale have zero confidence in Troy Daniels? Wasn't he supposed to be a coup for Wallace and the Grizzlies? He didn't see the court last night. 

Perhaps Fizz wanted Harrison on the court for defensive purposes and his ability to keep his cool under pressure. I don't know this for a fact but just looking at a player's offensive production is missing half the story. 

The bigger question should be why does Fizzdale have zero confidence in Troy Daniels? Wasn't he supposed to be a coup for Wallace and the Grizzlies? He didn't see the court last night. 

I think Daniels will be gone after 12/1. Have no idea why the signed him in the first place. Extremely 1-dimensional player who does nothing but shoot 3's. I expect him to be traded after 12/1 and we will bring in another player.

I think Daniels will be gone after 12/1. Have no idea why the signed him in the first place. Extremely 1-dimensional player who does nothing but shoot 3's. I expect him to be traded after 12/1 and we will bring in another player.

Who'd trade for him? 

I can't get behind that +/- stuff. Bench players can come in when we're down 19 points and get positive minutes, but it not truly indiciate their play. They are just along for the ride when Z-Bo was scoring points. I just can't put faith in that to be accurate.

+/- is like a political poll. By themselves (a single game), they're useless, but when viewed over a longer period of time they give good insight into actual trends.

Harrison may be set to become TA 2.0, who knows.  But if Fiz says he was in there for defense, that's all good with me.  Winning will still be predicated on defense, he's just bringing our offense up to speed with the rest of the league.

Wade Baldwin - man, keep it up young blood.  

The start was rough, yeah, but look at this:

Conley leads the team in scoring.

Z-bo gets his double-double off the bench.

Baldwin shows out to record setting fashion.

Ennis gives us a needed spurt at an important time.

The team scored over 100 pts, first game into the "new system".

I'm sure there's more.  But essentially, everything you could hope to see by the end of the game, you saw.  And that's with three bona-fide rotation players not available. And while the Wolves still have work to do, they are no longer chopped liver.

It's one game.  But there is a whole lot of hope to be had after this one.

Kevin Lipe said it best on Twitter -- its hard to complain about Harrison when we've gotten on previous coaches for having short leashes on rookies/young guys. 

I think Harrison playing the most minutes on the team was the biggest issue. Maybe this is more so because we lacked 2 other starters on the team (TA/Parsons). I'm interested to see how the rotation looks once those two are back in the lineup. He will probably play Harrison/Baldwin together a lot off the bench with VC / Ennis (at PF) / Zbo at the 5. A lot of this depends on matchups, though.

To add on to Truth's post...

- Grizz held the Twolves to 39 points in the 2H (after giving up 59 in the 1H)

- we shot 45% from 3 on 24 attempts 

- we were actually EVEN in the rebounding category - i was actually surprised to see that. the team stepped up in the 2H preventing a lot of offensive boards. i LOVED seeing the wings (especially VC) crashing

From the: "are the grizzlies the second best team in the west" thread. Page 13. Response #248.

You said, and I quote:

Come on man. I am trying to be civil and just let everything go and enjoy the season. Stop with the whole goading me back into the mud. You clearly don't have high hopes for the season.

That was obviously in jest Kevin and you know it.

I am absolutely stoked about this season. Even if we aren't a top seed in the west, which I think we have a good chance to achieve depending on injuries, I am still happy with the direction this team is going.

Most excited I've been about this team in years. I agree with you - let's enjoy this.

Here's your answer right there;

TROY DANIELS
Daniels suffered a left knee sprain during the preseason, but is progressing well and has returned to practice fully. He will officially be listed as probable for Wednesday night’s opener against Minnesota.

He'll be good for a end of rotation 9th-10th man good for 10ish minutes a game. Worth keepin around for this year atleast.

Yea, I was wondering the same thing too.  Harrison struggled all game, but he did hit a couple of big free throws down the stretch.  (He missed some earlier too).  I'll just say it's one game and we'll see what happens going forward.

The answer is that Fizdale is a terrible coach

Not only a terrible coach, but he will prove to be "the worst coach in the NBA". Those were your words, no?

Can't wait until proof forces you to eat them.

Ok, did he say why Z-Bo didn't play down the stretch? Or Ennis for that matter? I guess they weren't playing to his defensive demands?

Do you believe Z-Bo would have put back that missed FT or blocked KAT's shot down the stretch? 

Do you believe Z-Bo would have put back that missed FT or blocked KAT's shot down the stretch? 

Who knows if we would have needed either of those if Z-Bo would have been in the game? We could have been up by 10 if Z-bo was in the game, who knows?  There's way too much speculation and what-ifs when you start saying, "would this have happened in player y was in instead of player x?" There's no way of knowing because the game would have flowed differently. A game is series of events that are dynamic as players go in and out of games and coaches adjust their strategy. I have no way of knowing nor do I believe those situations would have happened if Z-Bo was in. Heck, JAM fouled KAT 6 seconds before that block which you could say set up the play for JAM to block the shot, would Z-Bo have given that foul? Would Thbodeau have adjusted his game plan with Z-Bo on KAT rather than JAM. Way too many what ifs and way too much speculation. 

We tended to go away from the offense and played a little more iso ball down the stretch with Zbo in the game. It worked at times, but there were a few where Zbo would fall into taking the jumper instead of going into the paint. 

I just think Fiz wanted to go with a better defensive lineup and that's okay. I was more concerned with Harrison being in the game during crunch time than Zbo > Jam. I guess the last thing we needed was a missed rotation from Zbo on the defensive end. I also think Fiz did this because it was going to force Conley / Gasol to close out the game (which was smart).