Sign in to follow this  
Wells

Pick Ten - Every Vote Counts

In games 1-10 of the 2016-17 season...  

14 members have voted

1. 1. the Grizzlies win loss record will be...

• 10 - 0.
    • 9 - 1.
    • 8 - 2,
    • 7 - 3.
    • 6 - 4.
    • 5 - 5.
    • 4 - 6.
    • 3 - 7.
    • 2 - 8.
    • 1 - 9 or worse.

Welcome, one and all, to the opening Pick thread of the 2016-17 Grizzlies season, Pick 10 - Every Vote Counts.

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the rules; if not, go back to the Preseason thread and read them. This season is one that most prognosticators only see Doom and Gloom for our heroes in Beale Street Blues, but fear not!  Those pessimists can no more see the future than those political ones predicting the election on November 8th.  

I firmly believe everyone needs to get out and vote responsibly, but the election is not the only important thing happening that Tuesday.  Our own fine Grizz will be playing the Denver Nuggets in our Pick 'Em Game for this set.

Election-Day1.jpg

So, now that I've encouraged everyone to do their civic duty, let's get to the fun.

10/26 v. T'wolves - W. There will be those who look at the last preseason game and say the T'pups have the Grizzlies outclassed in the athletic department.  Not so, say I.  That game was to make the pups overconfident.  The real Bears come out with the start of the season.

10/29 @ Knicks - W. D-rose and Noah have gone from Second City to Broadway, but the Grind will take some of the luster off the Great White Way.

10/30 v. Wizards - W. John Wall and Bradley Beal still working on chemistry.  Gortat is the only big down low, so Zach eats the second string alive.

11/1 @ T'wolves - L. Travel to the North on the first night of the third game in five days. This game isn't that important; let the Pups run.

11/2 v. Pelicans - W. The Brow and company come up ol' Muddy for an early season melee in the Grindhouse.  First week of the season and the Pelicans already have been bit by the injury bug.  

11/4 v. Clippers - L. Floppers blow into town, and normally I would call this a win for the Griz.  But it's early in the season, and I'll give Doc a freebie this time.  

11/6 v. Blazers - W. Blazers are run and gun; Grizzlies, grit and grind. In the Grindhouse, grindin' wins.

11/8 v. Nuggets - W. Faried, Arthur, Barton and Gallinari, oh, my!  Bears score 104, Nuggets bye, bye! 

11/12 @ Bucks - W. Greek Freak at the point?!  Time for a little MC11/TA steal-a-thon.

11/14 @ Jazz - L. SLC is always a tough road trip.  Just take it easy, Bears.

That's 7 - 3, with 104 .  Any other ballots?

So hard to predict cuz we don't know who'll play when. Let's assume Allen plays tomorrow n Parsons/Wright will miss just a couple of games.

Timberwolves - L

@Knicks - W

Wizards - W

@Timberwolves - L

Pelicans - W

Clippers - W

Blazers - W

Nuggets - W

@Bucks - W

@Jazz - W (if Haywards out, he'll prolly be back for this game knowin my luck)

8-2 , gotta take advantage of the easy-ish schedule

4 - 6 wins one of two against T'wolves, wins against Pelican, Nuggets and one of either Bucks or Jazz. Losses all others. 

I'd be surprised if the Grizzlies break 100 in any game. 94.

10/26 v. T'wolves - L. The Grizzlies almost always lose their opening game. Minnesota embarrassed the Grizzlies last week and I see no reason to believe they won't again with a wounded Tony Allen, Chandler Parsons out and Brandan Wright out. 

10/29 @ Knicks - L. The Knicks were in the game until late against Cleveland and won't want to start the season losing at home. 

10/30 v. Wizards - W. Grizzlies start to get nasty again after the slow start. 

11/1 @ T'wolves - L. A third meeting within three weeks. Grizzlies will play better but still fall. 

11/2 v. Pelicans - W. Grizzlies need to start winning by this point. Pelicans are fodder in this game.  

11/4 v. Clippers - L. Much as I hate to say it, Rivers squad will just be more ready for this game as the Grizzlies struggle to figure things out under the new system,.

11/6 v. Blazers - W. Must win for the Grizzlies already.

11/8 v. Nuggets - W. First time all season the Grizzlies start to look like a serious team. 

11/12 @ Bucks - L. Greek freak is for real and road games are always difficult. 

11/14 @ Jazz - L. Altitude isn't good for the Grizzlies. 

That's 4-6, with 115 .  

6-4  89 against the Nuggets

includes a 3 game streaker!

10/26 v. T'wolves - L Opening night curse.

10/29 @ Knicks - W Knicks suck

10/30 v. Wizards - W barely

11/1 @ T'wolves - L This team could be really good.

11/2 v. Pelicans - W Pelicans suck

11/4 v. Clippers - W  BBQ LA

11/6 v. Blazers - W Should've swept 'em

11/8 v. Nuggets - L Terrible loss 

11/12 @ Bucks - W we should.

11/14 @ Jazz - L Hate playing this team.

So glad I was wrong about game one. Hopefully I will be eliminated by game 5!

So glad I was wrong about game one. Hopefully I will be eliminated by game 5!

That's the Spirit, Chip!  Got to get your optimist side going again now that the season has actually started.

As for the picks, here's how they look.

8 - 2: nivek (110), chasingpapes, VikingWarrior (103)

7 - 3: moisesalex, TT_Grizz (98), hallo_mates (110), Wells (104), AussieGfan, Ethan7 (105)

6 - 4: kboyar (110), Granttis (89), New_Sacred_Cow, Southern Dreadz (98), GF#1 (107)

5 - 5: Acehigh718 (99)

4 - 6: Teddy.B (94), chipc3 (115)

6-4

Timberwolves - W

@Knicks - W

Wizards - W

@Timberwolves - L

Pelicans - W

Clippers - W

Blazers - L

Nuggets - W

@Bucks - L

@Jazz - W

Three more games until I am eliminated! Go Grizzlies Go! 

Oh and Happy Halloween everyone. 

Three players are now on the hot seat. Nivek, Chasingpipes and Viking Warrior must see the Grizzlies win out to have a chance. 

Teddy B and I are still alive as the Debbie Downers in the group. This has to be the 1st time I have ever been on the bottom of the prediction list! I am still hoping to be eliminated soon however. 

This is a big game for the puck 10 game. I need the Grizzlies to win either tonight or at Milwaukee. Both teams are at or above .500 so neither game is a gimme considering the Grizzlies haven't beaten a team that has won a game when they played the Grizzlies.