Sign in to follow this  
ThrobbingGrizzHater

Why David Jeorger's First Season Will Be Better Than David Fizdale's First Season

The Grizzlies haven't played a team that has won a game yet against anyone but the Grizzlies. Tonight they play the winless Pelicans so that streak will continue too.

Am I missing something here?

The Grizzlies haven't played a team that has won a game yet against anyone but the Grizzlies

So wouldn't that be the Grizzlies haven't played a team that had won a game?

Am I missing something here?

The Grizzlies haven't played a team that has won a game yet against anyone but the Grizzlies

So wouldn't that be the Grizzlies haven't played a team that had won a game?

Well since two teams have won a game when they beat Memphis your comment wouldn't be totally accurate. Since The Knicks and Wizards won Friday night this is no longer true either.

Nope. I may not always be right (I'm sure everyone can agree with that) but I like discussing the team too much to leave unless I move from Memphis. Even after I leave I'll probably be retired and still follow the team but I don't think that previous comment was directed at me anyway. I just don't fully understand what he was trying to convey in that message.  

Are you ever right? :)))) Just hope you aren't always WRONG.

I am sooo glad the snake-oil salesman is gone.   I am totally willing to take all the lumps with the team as Fiz develops his system and makes mistakes as a new coach.   Because at the very least he is open and honest with his players and has shown real integrity.

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2016/11/14/13633856/omri-casspi-frustrated-with-lack-of-playing-time

Joerger features a slow-style offense run through designed plays. One of the goals for Joerger is for the Kings to become an effective high-post offense.

(Joerger being typical control-freak)

"I don't feel like this system is ideal for me, but I don't think it's bad for me ... It's pretty similar to Mike's [Michael Malone] offense. I felt great in Mike's offense when Mike was here," Casspi said. "I can help this team win and it might be here today and I've got to stay ready, it might be somewhere else so I've got to do what I've got to do."

"He's a good shooter, a smart cutter, he loves Sacramento and he's been through some tough times here. So I know his heart is in it and it's a changing year for us in the organization what we're trying to do, and so sometimes his minutes can be sporadic," Joerger said.

Joerger has opted to play Matt Barnes over Casspi at the backup small forward spot. Barnes, who is averaging 23 minutes per game, has been labeled by Joerger as the heart of the team. The 36-year-old Barnes has brought a certain toughness to the defense at times, and Joerger has pinned the hopes of improving this team on defensive consistency, something Casspi, for all of his progress on offense last season, hasn't excelled at over the years.

"Dave is a new coach here and I don't think I was high on his list from the get-go, that's pretty obvious," Casspi said.

Man I will say it again - I am sooooo glad he isn't our problem anymore. 

Bonus!

The Kings announced today that all three of their first-round draft picks this year, Georgios Papagiannis (13th), Malachi Richardson (22nd) and Skal Labissiere (28th), would be assigned to their D-League affiliate, the Reno Bighorns. This comes as no surprise to many but it does mark the first time the Kings have ever assigned one of their lottery picks to the D-League and one of the few times they’ve even assigned any first-round picks.

> Man I will say it again - I am sooooo glad he isn't our problem anymore. 

Yeah. What kind of idiot would sit a lousy defender in favor of a guy who actually plays D hard? 

When that idiot got the job because he promised to bring D to a team that historically hasn't had any. 

Casspi knows what he has to do if he wants to play, and Barnes isn't shooting well enough to stop Casspi from taking that position back. 

Bonus!

The Kings announced today that all three of their first-round draft picks this year, Georgios Papagiannis (13th), Malachi Richardson (22nd) and Skal Labissiere (28th), would be assigned to their D-League affiliate, the Reno Bighorns. This comes as no surprise to many but it does mark the first time the Kings have ever assigned one of their lottery picks to the D-League and one of the few times they’ve even assigned any first-round picks.

boy he sure hates playing rookies lol

> Man I will say it again - I am sooooo glad he isn't our problem anymore. 

Yeah. What kind of idiot would sit a lousy defender in favor of a guy who actually plays D hard? 

When that idiot got the job because he promised to bring D to a team that historically hasn't had any. 

Casspi knows what he has to do if he wants to play, and Barnes isn't shooting well enough to stop Casspi from taking that position back. 

just review the tape on James Ennis and any young player in his tenure here then get back to me when Joerger has ever shown that he allows guys opportunities to earn anything.  

just review the tape on James Ennis and any young player in his tenure here then get back to me when Joerger has ever shown that he allows guys opportunities to earn anything.  

I wonder how long it would've taken Joerger to play Deyonta Davis when the team had a glaring need at backup C? I'm sure he would've just wanted us to sign Ryan Hollins.

you see. You are discounting a free agent waived by other teams (including San Antonio) who is now a starter. That takes a lot more coaching than taking a lottery pick and making him a player. I'm not saying Joerger shouldn't have been replaced but let's not go overboard and make him out to be a terrible coach. Joerger was on board when Marc Gasol, a 2nd round pick, became the league's Defensive MVP. He was on board when Mike Conley went from a mistake of a pick to the highest paid player in the league. He was on board when Tony Allen went from a Boston cast off to the top defensive player in the league.

It's not like Joerger had a lot of talent coming in to improve on after all. Jordan Adams, Jarell Martin and Jamaal Franklin aren't exactly talents wasted by Joerger either. Adams was injured, Martin was injured and Franklin is out of the league after being drafted 41st in the draft. 

Joerger was perceived to be good enough as a coach to be hired 3 days after Memphis let him go. We don't have to beat up Joerger now. 

Let's all be happy with Fizzdale and hope he can recreate the success we have come to expect. 

Being the highest paid player in the league doesn't make him the best player in the league, I would say he isn't TOP 25.

I see a lot of pretenders out here but this isn't make believe and the real test on where this team is truly at is Friday against the Clips. A known rival foe so these guys and Fizz shouldn't have any reason to look as bad as they did against Lance and the Pels.

I would bet that Utah has a better record against the Grizz than the Clips does.

I would bet that Utah has a better record against the Grizz than the Clips does.

The Clippers are more than capable of romping the Grizzlies. Our Grizz have been played close every single game except for the first match-up between them and Clips. I think you know the Jazz are subpar with injuries right now but the Grizz still almost got beat.

The Clippers are more than capable of romping the Grizzlies. Our Grizz have been played close every single game except for the first match-up between them and Clips. I think you know the Jazz are subpar with injuries right now but the Grizz still almost got beat.

So, the Grizz don't have TA or BW. Big deal.

The Grizzlies beat the Clips last night so bad the refs couldn't take it away from them. BG fouled Gasol and knocked him to the floor but no call was make, that might have been a 7 point swing as they got 5 on the other end.

I wonder how long it would've taken Joerger to play Deyonta Davis when the team had a glaring need at backup C? I'm sure he would've just wanted us to sign Ryan Hollins.

I'm so glad we got rid of Joerger. Hated him from the beginning. We need to bury his name on this board. I don't want to see his name on the board anymore. Too many bad memories.

Joerger comes to town after these two games vs the Cavs! Hope Gasol shoots 8 threes vs them, Zbo scores 30 OFF THE BENCH, and all our young players go ham.

I'm so glad we got rid of Joerger. Hated him from the beginning. We need to bury his name on this board. I don't want to see his name on the board anymore. Too many bad memories.

Me too. Anyone who sticks up for him still should just look up the term "Stockholm syndrome". That's basically what that is, feeling sympathy for him is dumb, he was an *** and held us back for his own selfish need

Oh so the Grizz beat the Dubs, big deal. The league will fix your team soon enough just as they did last season before and after Gasol got hurt. The league gave the Grizz the easiest shedule in the NBA and the Kings still only have 7 more losses than them. I hope you all enjoy this little run because it is inevitable that this team falls. I'm just informing you all. Dubs will finish ahead of this team anyway while the Grizz struggle to stay healthy like always.

Oh so the Grizz beat the Dubs, big deal. The league will fix your team soon enough just as they did last season before and after Gasol got hurt. The league gave the Grizz the easiest shedule in the NBA and the Kings still only have 7 more losses than them. I hope you all enjoy this little run because it is inevitable that this team falls. I'm just informing you all. Dubs will finish ahead of this team anyway while the Grizz struggle to stay healthy like always.

Way to go out on a limb and predict the Warriors will finish ahead of us.  I notice you said "your team".  I guess that means you don't have any more business on these boards so have a nice life.

Way to go out on a limb and predict the Warriors will finish ahead of us.  I notice you said "your team".  I guess that means you don't have any more business on these boards so have a nice life.

True, these boards are like a barren land of disinterested inequitable followers that can't accept the true nature of the NBA and at the same time still seem to have an insatiable need to follow this team but I'm still here. It's entertaining to watch foolishness in its entirety. The Grizz haven't seen any consistent true competion from the beginning. Smoke and mirrors are your record.

True, these boards are like a barren land of disinterested inequitable followers that can't accept the true nature of the NBA and at the same time still seem to have an insatiable need to follow this team but I'm still here. It's entertaining to watch foolishness in its entirety. The Grizz haven't seen any consistent true competion from the beginning. Smoke and mirrors are your record.

Should they intentionally lose these games since they're not good competition? But I agree wins against the two hottest teams in the league at the time were unearned and we should not be rooting for them or celebrate those wins.

We should be cheering for the other Tennessee NBA team, because Memphis disrespects the game and isn't fun to watch..