Sign in to follow this  
redeye

The Grizzlies Came To Memphis Only To Help Race Relations

The sports ed for the CA (GC) stated this as FACT on the Gary "wish i was black " Parrish show

mods

Why do you think that the head  of the local sports newspaper making this statement needs a mod ? What is this Skyrim

What? And how does Gary Parrish wish he was black?

google GP

Dumb thread..........but I quit listening to Parrish about a year ago.

How is this a dumb conversation? It  is about why we even have a NBA team

We'll just ignore how Vancouver Grizzlies attendance dropped and the team was losing money. That Bill Laurie wanted to move the team to St. Louis but was blocked.  How Heisley, a white businessman, bought the team and said - probably untruthfully - that he wanted to keep the team in Vancouver, How he also considered Nashville, Las Vegas, New Orleans, St, Louis again, Anaheim, San Diego, Buffalo and Louisville - about half of which are cities where you could also play the "race relations" card. 

The L.A. Times said, "An NBA "pursuit team," led by AutoZone founder J.R. "Pitt" Hyde, lured the Grizzlies away from five competing cities" and noted that "NBA boosters promised the league a new $250-million arena." 

I think I'll stick with Heisley choosing Memphis because it looked like the best business option.

......but I quit listening to Parrish about a year ago.

do you need a new roof? or, do you know someone who needs a new roof?

don't have to be too involved, unless you want to be too involved..

guess it is better than hass't talking about the best decision he ever made.

or pete pete talking about problems in the bedroom.

ugh. change the station. terrible, ha?

slim.

I don't care to listen to the TMZ type news, problems with race, politics, etc. I go to the sports stations to escape that stuff. Yes I watch, read, listen to that stuff too......but when I want too.

We'll just ignore how Vancouver Grizzlies attendance dropped and the team was losing money. That Bill Laurie wanted to move the team to St. Louis but was blocked.  How Heisley, a white businessman, bought the team and said - probably untruthfully - that he wanted to keep the team in Vancouver, How he also considered Nashville, Las Vegas, New Orleans, St, Louis again, Anaheim, San Diego, Buffalo and Louisville - about half of which are cities where you could also play the "race relations" card. 

The L.A. Times said, "An NBA "pursuit team," led by AutoZone founder J.R. "Pitt" Hyde, lured the Grizzlies away from five competing cities" and noted that "NBA boosters promised the league a new $250-million arena." 

I think I'll stick with Heisley choosing Memphis because it looked like the best business option.

giphy.gif

I don't care to listen to the TMZ type news, problems with race, politics, etc. I go to the sports stations to escape that stuff. Yes I watch, read, listen to that stuff too......but when I want too.

Me too, unfortunately many people are obsessed w/ making sports about politics; THEY'RE POLITICS.

In other news, I still have no idea what this thread is about.

OP has just lowered our collective fan base IQ by at least 10 points.

Many regulars have already lost too many over the years for that to be possible

col-lec-tive .... er, wait ... aw heck, I dunno what IQ is anyhow (burp)

Is it like one o them tellypromper things the windbags on TV use?

The Grizz came to your city for it's willingness to build a new arena.  Race or IQ had nothing to do with it.

It makes sense. What about this doesn't make sense?

We know the league is ultra-progressive. Just look at what just happened in Charlotte.

And who cares if someone wants to be black or white or whatever?

What? And how does Gary Parrish wish he was black?

I only remember GP saying he wanted abs like Ezekiel Elliot even if it meant his abs would be the same color as Ezekiel.  

If he said he wanted to be black, Whats the problem?

please tell me how I could lower your IQ ?OH I didn't ,The head of the local  newspaper said this 

Period

I only remember GP saying he wanted abs like Ezekiel Elliot even if it meant his abs would be the same color as Ezekiel.  

If he said he wanted to be black, Whats the problem?

One point of view that is the problem and it is slated