Sign in to follow this  
GF#1

What Type Of Production Do You Expect From Chandler Parsons?

Since learning of the signing of Parsons, there have been somewhat mixed ideas on what to expect from him, production wise. I think we can all agree that, if healthy, he will prove to be a lethal threat from beyond the arc and stretch opposing defenses out.

But what do you expect from a numbers perspective? Points, and shooting percentages. Role. Option #2? 3? Will he be utilized as a playmaking 3? A spot up 3? Will he at time be capable of playing the 4 in small ball lineups?

I'd like to see what the board thinks on this and hopefully we'll have a good, spirited discussion.

I don't know if I want to give hard numbers, but I think all things being equal, he should be the leading scorer on the team.  He walks into the team as the primary offensive threat.  He is probably our best "score late in the clock" option, and will be our leading "true shooting percentage" guy.  So I'm hoping he'll be a 20ppg+ scorer under the theory that a rising tide lifts all boats.

Looking at what he did during a 2 month healthy stretch in Dallas + his overall career numbers, I'll say ...

17ppg / 5rpg / 3apg on 47% FG and 39% from 3. 

Looking at what he did during a 2 month healthy stretch in Dallas + his overall career numbers, I'll say ...

Agreed

For all that money??  Atleast 30 ppg, 10 rebs and 8 assists.  He making almost as much as Jordan made in 1998!  

For all that money??  Atleast 30 ppg, 10 rebs and 8 assists.  He making almost as much as Jordan made in 1998!  

Looks like we're ready to challenge Golden State!

Yup..

I want to see him create offense. Playmaking, spot shooting, transition, freeing up the paint for our frontcourt, iso scoring; all of of that. I'm not as concerned about HIS ppg as much as i'm concerned about what he does for OUR ppg. I don't expect him to be a good defender, but i do expect him to give more effort than he has in his career previous. I also want him to help more on the defensive glass more than he ever has, and i do expect that he should be productive at that. I'd like to see him raise his FT% which is mediocre.

15.5ppg, 3apg, 5.5rpg, 30mpg

46%fg, 40%3fg, 75ft%

Soft player might have somewhat average stats but he will CHOKE big time come playoff time even if healthy which I bet he won't be.

This is a really tough question to answer since I have no idea about Fizdale's coaching style nor do I know who else will be on the team come starting day. As things are, I would say around 17-18 ppg, between 38-40% from 3, 46-48% from the field, 4 boards, 4 assists and a steal. I think he'll play around 33-35 mpg assuming we can find a suitable backup swingman. I expect him to create more here and I expect him to be the main perimeter scorer, not the main scorer, but main perimeter scorer. I still expect the ball will be dumped down low to Z-Bo and Marc. If Z-Bo gets it, he will try to score, if Marc gets it, he will pass first especially to wide open 3 pt shooters. I expect for mike to try to find him trailing on any fast breaks we have as well, catch and shoot. 

I'll be happy if can ave 17+ppg, get 1steal, and play 67+ games. If he does that, I don't care about rebs or assts

I have no clue what to expect of him. What I think we need from him though is 17-20 ppg, 45+% from the field, 38+% from 3 pt, 6+ 3 pt attempts per game, and at least 70 games played. For us to be a second tier contender, that is what we need from him. (We also need Conley and Marc to be healthy.)

As lon as he's aggressive, then I'm down. He can score, we know that, but our team needs someone who wants the ball. Which was the biggest reason I liked Lance. And our biggest need was someone who can make the shots, which he can do. So if things go the way we want then I believe he will be a huge boost. Then taking some of the defenders out of the paint will be a huge plus for us. Of course non of this is new to anyone here

And about the injuries, for heavens sake he's not been Derrick Rose(which I always root for). And even when he's come back from his injuries he's actually gotten back to form and down better. There's a reason we weren't the only team to throw money at him

18/6/2       Just jack them 3s.