Sign in to follow this  
Back2Grizzness

Grizz Currently Meeting With Parsons

Not sure if their alliance is that strong, but you certainly wouldn't hear me griping.

Although I'm sure others would find a way to do so. I wasn't crazy about the idea of Parsons at first, but the more I think about it, it's growing on me. If we get Parsons and Conley back, with a healthy Gasol, a Zbo that can still contribute, a healthy Wright, and a somewhat breakout rookie campaign for Baldwin, the future would be looking mighty nice.

However, having mentioned Zbo in this scenario, I would still shop him to see what kind of return we could get. Especially with a young, promising prospect like Davis in the fold.

This is what the Grizzlies need. 2 or 3 solid, veteran pieces, surrounded by young guys with room to grow like Baldwin and Davis. Not blowing the whole thing up.

Not sure if their alliance is that strong, but you certainly wouldn't hear me griping.

Although I'm sure others would find a way to do so. I wasn't crazy about the idea of Parsons at first, but the more I think about it, it's growing on me. If we get Parsons and Conley back, with a healthy Gasol, a Zbo that can still contribute, a healthy Wright, and a somewhat breakout rookie campaign for Baldwin, the future would be looking mighty nice.

However, having mentioned Zbo in this scenario, I would still shop him to see what kind of return we could get. Especially with a young, promising prospect like Davis in the fold.

This is what the Grizzlies need. 2 or 3 solid, veteran pieces, surrounded by young guys with room to grow like Baldwin and Davis. Not blowing the whole thing up.

I like the idea of moving on from GnG with Parsons. Move TA (though he is one of my favorite players) if we can get good value. ZBo is good value with his contract.

Parsons is the perfect fit if healthy

Don't forget Jam Green... I really like what I have seen from him. 

I like the idea of moving on from GnG with Parsons. Move TA (though he is one of my favorite players) if we can get good value. ZBo is good value with his contract.

Parsons is the perfect fit if healthy

So we currently have a deficit of proven players at both wing positions. If we sign Parsons, you want to get rid of 1 of the only other wings on the roster who is proven? If we sign Parsons, TA and Parsons would be the only competent wings on the roster and you want to immediately get rid of TA? We need 2 more wings in all honesty in addition to TA and Parsons, if Parsons signs. 

I don't see Davis getting many minutes next year. He's a one and doner that had limited minutes in his 1 season in college. I can't remember too many second round picks who get instant minutes in the NBA let alone second round picks who barely played 1 year of college ball. He's going to need some seasoning and will spend time in the D-League i bet. 

After the Deandre Jordan thing last year Parsons seems like a buddy buddy go with me type of guy.  If him and Conley are talking then I expect him to sign with the Grizz.

Good to see if confirmed, but we'll need to have a couple of backups at his position Just In Case.

Amazing!! I think this makes us a contender (assuming MC signs back). If we can get an additional 6th man-type player we're seriously in the business. As long as we stop looking like boys against men when we play the warriors and spurs. 

So we can now officially end the "nobody wants to come to Memphis" stuff if this happens right?

The NBA has actually done a great job of killing the big market advantage in the last 15 years.

I think it's a good deal, and I'll eat CROW! I didn't think they could get him.  Congrats.

Nice young pieces here:

Conley, Baldwin, JAM, Chandler, Deyonta Davis, Gasol, etc; 

I think it's a good deal, and I'll eat CROW! I didn't think they could get him.  Congrats.

Nice young pieces here:

Conley, Baldwin, JAM, Chandler, Deyonta Davis, Gasol, etc;

If he stays healthy, we have a really good young core now

So we can now officially end the "nobody wants to come to Memphis" stuff if this happens right?

Well I'm not sure how many MAX contracts we've ever offered. Also, credit Conley with an assist on this one.

Regardless, a great signing and a great day for Grizzlies fans.