Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

Free Agent Signings: Grizzlies And Non-Grizzlies

Deng was going to get paid because he does a lot. He was a backup plan for several teams that were going after KD but this doesn't make sense with what the Lakers are doing.

Mozgov, Randle, Deng, Ingram and Clarkson? Not a great starting 5. 

That's a pretty mixed up starting five, not sure if they will be effective playing the same style of ball, whatever it is. I would assume that D'Angelo Russell would start at the 1 and Deng would start off as teh starting 3 at the beginning of the season bt by the end, Ingram would be starting so eventually it would be Russell/Clarkson/Ingram/Randle/mozgov. That team ain't winning anytime soon.

I know it's far fetched; but wouldn't it be nice if we set up a meeting with Dwayne Wade. I mean Fizz and Mario Chalmers(to a lesser extent) are in Memphis. Perhaps they could persuade D-Wade to at least take a meeting with us!

This is the steal of the offseason. DA is like one of the best defenders on the Nuggets.

Mozgov deal is still the worst.

Clarkson is the real steal.

Jazz got Hayward, Hood, Burks, Johnson, Hill, Mack, Burke, Exum, Ingles. Can we get something off them?

Burks would be the one to get

The Orlando Magic have added D.J. Augustin, Bismack Biyombo, Serge Ibaka and Jeff Green since the season came to an end.

They lost Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and Domantas Sabonis.

The re-signed Evan Fournier and Brandon Jennings is TBD.

In an era where tech wizards like Pera, Allen, Ballmer and Cuban own NBA franchises, it would be nice if this message board updated to something that allows for easy posting of tweets.

Who knows? I get the feeling they are trying to free up some cap space either by waiving Vince and Adams and/or trading Brandan Wright but trading Wright creates another hole. I think we'll end up with either Gordon or CLee, Afflalo could be a distant third. 

If we do get Gordon, I would prefer to use him as a 6th man scorer. He's pretty 1-dimensional but if you have a strong starting lineup, you can use that to your advantage and just let him come off of the bench to light it up. I get the feeling if he really wanted to play for the Knicks, he would have already agreed to sign. I think he's waiting to see if we can create enough cap space. CLee or Afflalo would probably be the starting SG if they signed, but I would prefer Gordon to be a 6th man here if he signs due to his aggressive scoring nature.

Yes. Gorden would be a good 6th man for Grizz.

Lee aint comin back. Off to the Knicks, 4yr/50

Eric Gordon cmooooonnn doowwwnn

Or maybe take a chance on Jordan Hamilton?

Yes. Gorden would be a good 6th man for Grizz.

Lee to the Knicks (4 year $50 mil), Gordon to the Rockets (4 year, $53 mil). We missed out on all three (Lee, Gordon, Afflalo)

Adrian Wojnarowski@WojVerticalNBA

Memphis wanted Eric Gordon badly, but didn't have the space to make that kind of an offer. Grizzlies will look elsewhere for shooting now.

20:48 - 2 July 16