Sign in to follow this  
TimBC

Conley's Facebook

that's why as a fan or coach you don't want him to, but from Mike's perspective why wouldn't he?

So he won't be tired and worn out by mid season?

Conley has never competed in an Olympic Games and he would like to check that off his bucket list. I can't blame the man for wanting to be included on a group representing the USA. 

Yep that's how i see it too.  Also Mike desperately want's some type of national recognition besides being "most underrated PG".   Staying here and ever being an AllStar is a pipedream so getting Olympic gold is the easiest way to do that. 

Wow. It's truly amazing to watch how quickly someone can take an innocent and altruistic motivation and twist it into something sordid and selfish. 

I personally believe Conley wants to represent his country and follow in his father's footsteps in winning an Olympic medal. It has nothing to do with his needing national recognition to bolster any low self-esteem issues.  

Yeah, Mike can't be faulted for this IMO.

However, if he has an injury plagued season, don't fault the fans for being ****** about it.

one of the worst year to go to the games imho , theirs a reason all these guys are pulling out .....

Correct me if i am wrong but my understanding is that the squad to play in the olympics is a 12 man roster.

If so, Mike wont be going, they will go with 2 PGs only, and that will be Russ and Kyrie

LBJ could even play point if needed...

Correct me if i am wrong but my understanding is that the squad to play in the olympics is a 12 man roster.

If so, Mike wont be going, they will go with 2 PGs only, and that will be Russ and Kyrie

LBJ could even play point if needed...

Russ has already withdrawn, as had Kyrie. They're down to Wall, Mike And Lillard. Read the article I linked.

I still don't think it is smart for a player with multiple injuries in the last few years to play in the olympics.    I wonder if mike signs a contract, does he do it before or after the olympics.  What happens if he gets injured during olympic play?  What happens if team usa doesn't win gold (it's possible even though a long shot, it has been done before). 

This is a huge question for me as well. Can they put it in the contract that he can't play in Olympics or if he does get injured the contract is void? If Mike insists on playing in the Olympics I would not sign him until it is over. 

I like how everyone knows what's best for Mike.

It's kind of like when people want to tell other people (pro franchise owners) how to spend their money.

I never said it was what was best for him. Just thought it'd be cool for him to rep our country. If he doesn't wanna, then don't. Either way we gettin' that gold. Lol