Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

Player Exit Interviews

A lot of this is from Tillery's twitter.  

JaMychal Green on what he learned: "I found out that I'm an NBA player. I can compete at this level and help a team."

Stephenson said "It's not about money. I just want to play and help a team win. I think I can fit in here as a role player."

Stephenson says he'd be OK with playing for the 1-year team option ($9.4 million) when asked if he'd rather seek a multi-year deal.

Matt Barnes: I want to be competitive. If this team is moving in the right direction,  I want to be here.

Griz coach Dave Joerger says he absolutely wants to coach Lance Stephenson again "He's had a lot of success here and the guys accepted him."

Griz coach Dave Joerger says Vince Carter and Matt Barnes still have a lot to offer

Marc Gasol was just asked about brother, Pau, and said his advice would be for him to go to  San Antonio at this stage of his career.

Peter Edmiston
‏@peteredmiston
Mike Conley, very calmly but very firmly, put a great deal of pressure on the front office to 1. pay him and 2. pay some FAs.

I can't believe Marc said Pau should go to SA. That ticks me off.

Marc has said many times that he is not interested in playing with Pau anywhere but on the Spanish National Team.

Marc has said many times that he is not interested in playing with Pau anywhere but on the Spanish National Team.

These folks don't listen. He's never wavered on that fact.

These folks don't listen. He's never wavered on that fact.

I'm well aware that Marc doesn't want to play with his brother. The fact that he wants him to go to Spurs is still frustrating to hear.

I'm well aware that Marc doesn't want to play with his brother. The fact that he wants him to go to Spurs is still frustrating to hear.

Yea that sounds like he has more faith In SAS organization than his own. 

Stephenson said "It's not about money. I just want to play and help a team win. I think I can fit in here as a role player."

Stephenson says he'd be OK with playing for the 1-year team option ($9.4 million) when asked if he'd rather seek a multi-year deal.

Good attitude, glad to hear it. He'll win Sixth Man next season. 

I can't believe Marc said Pau should go to SA. That ticks me off.

I like it. Pau would not improve the Griz beyond one season, and he won't improve the Spurs either. 

I see him dropping off sharply soon, or getting hurt, or both. 

Maybe Marc wishes he would've went to the Spurs now lol. 

Glad to hear Conley put some pressure on the front office. I hope Zbo and Marc continually put pressure on them as well to bring in more talent. It needs to get to a point where more of the local media is writing about it and calling these guys out.

Glad to hear Conley put some pressure on the front office. I hope Zbo and Marc continually put pressure on them as well to bring in more talent. It needs to get to a point where more of the local media is writing about it and calling these guys out.

I just hope they don't waste roster spots on Vince and Matt because they showed heart this season.   Zbo and Tony are old enough to meet the "experienced veteran" quota.  

I think Conley is more interested in legit talent and not simply experience it is time to hold the FO feet to the fire. 

Marc "put pressure" on the FO last year and all we ended up with is Barnes and Wright

Marc "put pressure" on the FO last year and all we ended up with is Barnes and Wright

Marc didn't put pressure on himself though.

TA, Zbo and Gasol all came in out of shape. 3 out of 4 of the "core 4"

Griz coach Dave Joerger says Vince Carter and Matt Barnes still have a lot to offer

To me, this is a pretty troubling viewpoint and it's precisely this type of thinking that we need to move away from going forward. This season aside, if there's one thing we've learned over the past 5 years it's that the Zach/Mike/Marc core surrounded by aging 'has-been' vets is NOT a formula that can get you to a level beyond the first or second round of the Playoffs. I'm not saying it's bad to have some older vets on the roster, but we all know if we retain Vince and Matt, Joerger is going to rely heavily on them. We need to start following the trend around the league and begin focusing on youth/athleticism and consistent outside shooting.

If we don't start moving in a new direction, we will be doint exactly what Einstein defined as insanity.

Matt Barnes: I want to be competitive. If this team is moving in the right direction,  I want to be here.

Griz coach Dave Joerger says he absolutely wants to coach Lance Stephenson again "He's had a lot of success here and the guys accepted him."

Marc Gasol was just asked about brother, Pau, and said his advice would be for him to go to  San Antonio at this stage of his career.

Peter Edmiston
‏@peteredmiston
Mike Conley, very calmly but very firmly, put a great deal of pressure on the front office to 1. pay him and 2. pay some FAs.

That can't be right. I thought Joerger was biased against Stephenson.  :o

When Popovich was talking to Marc after the game it almost looked like his hands were gesturing "yeah big fella we wanted you to be apart of this but you wouldn't pick up the phone.  So we had to go ahead and grab that guy down there (LMA)"  lol.

With people feeling upset about Marc suggesting Pau go to San Antonio, stop and think about it for a second.  Pau would only sign there if Timmy D is gone.  That means Pau would be the Center next to LMA.  Marc and Pau played against each other growing up, so Marc knows all of Pau's weaknesses.  Zach was Aldridge's mentor in Portland, so it's the same situation.

It might not be bad to have two players on the Spurs that we know their kryptonite, instead of Pops always having that advantage.

When Popovich was talking to Marc after the game it almost looked like his hands were gesturing "yeah big fella we wanted you to be apart of this but you wouldn't pick up the phone.  So we had to go ahead and grab that guy down there (LMA)"  lol.

Turned out that was an excellent "grab".

Yea that sounds like he has more faith In SAS organization than his own. 

Well, ask yourself; which team offers his brother the quickest and best chance of getting a ring  ( San Antonio  or the Grizz ) ?