Sign in to follow this  
JWill4L

Chalmers And Ennis To The Grizzlies. Stokes And Udrih To The Heat.

Probable opinion but considering his supposed role on the team I just choose to be optimistic and believe that he could be a difference maker even given his horrible shooting. But his numbers are better from the field and three compared to this time last year so that is a positive his 3 points in all. Right? Lol

I understand.

I would have loved this guy to be bigger than Mike Miller, and have killed them from the perimeter, but it did'nt happen, and with all due respect to Vince Carter, at his age, its highly unlikely to change.

We bet the house on "win now" mode; this is where a savvy FO would just make a "ruthless" decision quickly.

a lineup of ennis/green/green/wright....you talking about an athletic freak show...who ever the pg is would have plenty of targets for lobs...just thinking we would waive VC and bring in perry jones and role with green/ennis/jones/green/wright...woah

No if they keep Ennis then I think the idea of PJ3 goes out the window unless they trade Jam here's my theory.

They want to get younger and more athletic accros the board. They have that at a few positions now.

Mike, Mario,Russ,Andrew

Clee, TA, Jordan

Jeff, Matt, Ennis

Zbo, Jam, Martin

Marc, Brandan

So this is the roster minus Andrew Harrison if we drop VC the next area of need becomes third big. Unless Jones explodes in the dleague and the team sees him as the future sf or pf and he has a solid starting spot then it doesn't make much sense to add him as a development player cause then you will be developing two sf and two pfs and I doubt we could accomplish that.

Next season you want to hope that either Adams can be a starter or at least one young wing in the starting lineup (Adams,Ennis,PJ3) but that other spot has to go to a reliable slightly older vet like (Batum at sf or someone else at SG)

Ennis contract isn't guaranteed till 1/10 so he can get a tryout and we can see if he's worth keeping if not then we can try PJ3 out. The next addition should be a center

Pretty much a ho hum move to me. i would have rathered keep Beno. i know it will be billed that Chalmers is younger, more athletic, a better defender and a better 3 pt threat but i'd be surprised if Chalmers actually helps. He wasn't in the heat's plans anymore for a reason. 

I'm surprised how he fell off the cliff, which began the last year of LBJ @ Miami

Heat fans are happy to have Beno, they're saying Chalmers is trash.

If Beno is/remains healthy.....

Maybe our FO doubt this is the case?

I understand.

I would have loved this guy to be bigger than Mike Miller, and have killed them from the perimeter, but it did'nt happen, and with all due respect to Vince Carter, at his age, its highly unlikely to change.

We bet the house on "win now" mode; this is where a savvy FO would just make a "ruthless" decision quickly.

I almost agree but it just doesn't seem very plausible that a drastic change will come anytime soon because the FO remembers games like the triple overtime win against the Spus when he dropped 18. The multi-year deal they signed him to I think they will look to move him if he didn't live up to expectation after this year.

I like the trade. Im a Beno fan but I actualy like Chalmers too. Ennis is a plus. Much better prospect than Stokes. I see a Sam Young 2.0 in him.

I'm only interested in seeing what can J. Ennis can do for us. Chalmers' on court production has regressed significantly since LeBron left. Regarding Ennis, I think Bleacher Report nailed it stating that Joerger is allergic to developing players under the age of 27.

I don't see how anyone with eyes could look at this team right now and honestly assess that Beno Udrih was the problem. He has probably been the most consistent scorer on the second unit thus far.

I agree.

Can we PLEASE do Jeff Green for Kevin Martin? This trade makes absolutely no sense from Minny's perspective but can't we sucker them into it in a similar fashion to some of the trades we've been suckered into?

EDIT: Let's toss TA and VC in there and take LaVine off their hands while we're at it. One can dream, right? #freeAdamsatlast

yawn....

This is a nothing move... a move to look like they are moving...

Chalmers has declinded, doesn't address the shooting problems and Enis will just take up a bench slot.

Beno was not the problem with this team but hey, FO made a move, that should buy them a few weeks.

Can we PLEASE do Jeff Green for Kevin Martin? This trade makes absolutely no sense from Minny's perspective but can't we sucker them into it in a similar fashion to some of the trades we've been suckered into?

EDIT: Let's toss TA and VC in there and take LaVine off their hands while we're at it. One can dream, right? #freeAdamsatlast

Why on earth would Minnesota give up LaVine for TA and the corpse of Vince Carter? 

2nd round pick?  Did we not have a 1st round pick to give away?

Why would we give a 2nd to help them get under the tax line. They should give us a 2nd SMH

And that's where we are reminded that Chris Wallace is our GM how do you get swindled out of a pick when you are helping them out?

Salaries don't match to make the trade CBA legal without an additional player coming from Memphis.  Chalmers makes twice as much as Beno.

I must admit I never liked Chalmers dating back to u of m vs Kansas, but now as a grizzly I wish him good luck, but LeBron has made guys like Chalmers a career, once no more LeBron these guys look like trash(Daniel Gibson,Norris Cole,Mo Williams) the list goes on.

I must admit I never liked Chalmers dating back to u of m vs Kansas, but now as a grizzly I wish him good luck, but LeBron has made guys like Chalmers a career, once no more LeBron these guys look like trash(Daniel Gibson,Norris Cole,Mo Williams) the list goes on.

Neither Cole nor Mo Williams looked like trash post-LBJ

Norris Cole sucked in Miami and his best season was with the Pelicans.

Mo Williams average 17 ppg for 2 straight seasons before he played with LeBron. William wasn't made by LeBron.

yawn....

This is a nothing move... a move to look like they are moving...

Chalmers has declinded, doesn't address the shooting problems and Enis will just take up a bench slot.

Beno was not the problem with this team but hey, FO made a move, that should buy them a few weeks.

I agree.

Salaries don't match to make the trade CBA legal without an additional player coming from Memphis.  Chalmers makes twice as much as Beno.

They're talking about the future 2nd round pick we gave up, not Stokes.

Why on earth would Minnesota give up LaVine for TA and the corpse of Vince Carter?

I wasn't being serious at all. That would def never happen.

In another 3 years we will be trading Jeff Green for Eric Gordon. So ... all is well

They're talking about the future 2nd round pick we gave up, not Stokes.

Exactly.  Stokes and Ennis are a wash salary-wise.  Chalmers makes twice as much as Beno.  We had to include a player type thing worth almost $600,000 in salary in order to make the trade legal.  That thing was the second round pick.

Exactly.  Stokes and Ennis are a wash salary-wise.  Chalmers makes twice as much as Beno.  We had to include a player type thing worth almost $600,000 in salary in order to make the trade legal.  That thing was the second round pick.

Just to clear this up, no picks were exchanged in the trade.

The details are here in the release: http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/chalmers-and-ennis-151110