Sign in to follow this  
Mempho

Mario Chalmers?

Vince's leadership value on the oldest team in the league + $1.50 will buy me a 20 oz Mt Dew from the drink machine here in the office.

Vet leadership is needed on a young team.  This team is OLD and the last thing we need is more old folks riding the pine.

Vince's leadership value on the oldest team in the league + $1.50 will buy me a 20 oz Mt Dew from the drink machine here in the office.

Vet leadership is needed on a young team. This team is OLD and the last thing we need is more old folks riding the pine.

Exactly I've always thought that was a lazy excuse like who the hell is he mentoring we only have one young guy that gets to play.

Honestly our problems are way bigger than our backup point guard. We need to ship out some starters. I think nobody should be off the table. Marc isn't deserving of his contract and it really isn't close. And at this rate idk if mike would resign here so we should just consider trading him. Blow it up

Honestly our problems are way bigger than our backup point guard. We need to ship out some starters. I think nobody should be off the table. Marc isn't deserving of his contract and it really isn't close. And at this rate idk if mike would resign here so we should just consider trading him. Blow it up

He's hurting right now though.

I really don't understand the point of picking him up.  He's no better than Beno.  Quite frankly, even though he is a shell of his former self on the court, I'd rather have Vince's veteran leadership and ability to hit the occasional clutch shot than another mediocre point guard that might see eight minutes of playing time per game.

Has Vince hit a clutch gaming winning shot for us?

Chalmers goes from not suiting up last night to playing 12 minutes after three quarters in tonights game against Indy.

Looks like no deal is coming after all. At least not one involving Chalmers.

Chalmers goes from not suiting up last night to playing 12 minutes after three quarters in tonights game against Indy.

Looks like no deal is coming after all. At least not one involving Chalmers.

Did they ever say who Memphis was looking at trading for him?

Did they ever say who Memphis was looking at trading for him?

First it was said a Chalmers to Memphis swap, with no player mentioned. Later it was reported that Miami wanted Beno "included" in the swap. Beno makes 2.2 to Chalmers 4.3 mil so it couldn't be a one for one deal.

From all appearances the rumor is now dead.

First it was said a Chalmers to Memphis swap, with no player mentioned. Later it was reported that Miami wanted Beno "included" in the swap. Beno makes 2.2 to Chalmers 4.3 mil so it couldn't be a one for one deal.

From all appearances the rumor is now dead.

That makes me happy I think.

Watchin this Raps-Heat game right now n I'm convinced Chalmers played like **** on purpose to cool trade rumours down lol.

He would definitely be an upgrade over Udrih but there's more important moves that could/should be made.

Oh btw Hassan Whiteside now has more 20-10 games than Gasol had all last year...and we could've had them both right now smh. Whoever ****** up on that one needs to be fired.

I know Udrih's defense leaves something to be desired, but I think everyone's infatuation with Russ Smith is really driving all this anti-Beno sentiment on these boards.  Statistically Udrih is almost identical to last season's rates, except that he is shooting a higher percentage from behind the arc and he is the best on the team in rate of assists.

I know Udrih's defense leaves something to be desired, but I think everyone's infatuation with Russ Smith is really driving all this anti-Beno sentiment on these boards.  Statistically Udrih is almost identical to last season's rates, except that he is shooting a higher percentage from behind the arc and he is the best on the team in rate of assists.

Stats don't lie, but that is not my issue with Beno. He is a good player, but he just does not fit with an incredibly athletic 2nd unit that is looking to run. It doesn't pass the eye test. He stands out like a sore thumb with them.

Stats don't lie, but that is not my issue with Beno. He is a good player, but he just does not fit with an incredibly athletic 2nd unit that is looking to run. It doesn't pass the eye test. He stands out like a sore thumb with them.

And his defense is atrocious.

Just looking over what everyone had to say about Chalmers and Chris Wallace, I think Wallace did pretty good here.

In 10 games with Memphis, Mario is averaging 11.1 PPG, That is more than his career average by a good margin (8.9 PPG). 

His FG% is 41.8% in Memphis vs a career average of 42.1%.

His 3pt% is 36.4% in Memphis vs a career average of 36.0%

He averages 2.9 APG vs a career average of 3.8 APG. 

His entire increase in production comes from his getting 5.5 FTAs a game vs a career average of 2.0 FTAs. 

Mario's start was electric but since those first five games he's averaging 7.8 PPG and 4.0 FTAs. 

Like 3 Shades of Blue said in evaluating the trade, Memphis got the best player so they won the trade but Miami got exactly what they wanted in millions saved in salary. 

In 10 games with Memphis, Mario is averaging 11.1 PPG, That is more than his career average by a good margin (8.9 PPG). 

His FG% is 41.8% in Memphis vs a career average of 42.1%.

His 3pt% is 36.4% in Memphis vs a career average of 36.0%

He averages 2.9 APG vs a career average of 3.8 APG. 

His entire increase in production comes from his getting 5.5 FTAs a game vs a career average of 2.0 FTAs. 

Mario's start was electric but since those first five games he's averaging 7.8 PPG and 4.0 FTAs. 

Like 3 Shades of Blue said in evaluating the trade, Memphis got the best player so they won the trade but Miami got exactly what they wanted in millions saved in salary. 

As much as his scoring has been needed, it's his ability to get to the line that has me loving his addition to our team.  We have to be able to get to the line as a team to take pressure off of our offense.