Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BHZMAFIA

Matt Barnes Drove 95 Mph To Whoop

Derek Fisher behind for messing around with his ex-wife. 

@WojYahooNBA : As @NYPost reports, there was physical confrontation between NY coach Derek Fisher, Griz's Matt Barnes Saturday in LA. NBA security is aware. NBA security didn't find out about an alleged Barnes-Fisher confrontation at home of Barnes' estranged wife until today, sources tell Yahoo.

and it begins..

Pretty disrespectful on Fisher's part, though. He got what he deserved and I don't blame Barnes for doing it. The fact that he drove 95 miles to do it is whats funny.

Barnes and his wife are estranged and he's been spouting off all this BS about being involved with Rhianna. He's wrong here. Still pretty funny.

If that's your former teammate / possible friend, I'm not going to go mess with your ex-wife. It just doesn't work that way especially if they have kids or what not. I don't see how that puts Barnes in the wrong. Supposedly, they were pretty close friends off the court.

You mean to tell me if TA broke up with his wife and later found out Zbo was sleeping with her there would be no sort of consequences? lol

I'll never be cool with a friend smashing my ex-wife (if i had an ex-wife). 

If that's your former teammate / possible friend, I'm not going to go mess with your ex-wife. It just doesn't work that way especially if they have kids or what not. I don't see how that puts Barnes in the wrong.

You mean to tell me if TA broke up with his wife and later found out Zbo was sleeping with her there would be no sort of consequences? lol

Forgot they were teammates haha. But that doesn't necessarily mean they were friends or even liked/gave a **** about each other.

I'm not trying to say Fisher isn't a slimey douche, because it seems like he is. Really can't stand either of these dudes and they both suck at basketball.

So let's see in the playoffs in may he spewed profanity at James Harden's mother(his excuse is he didn't know that was his mother as if it's okay to just cuss out any other ole fan), then he had some weird fascination with Rihanna which put him on TMZ and now he drives dang near 100 miles to get in a fight with a man who is dating a woman he is no longer married to(or at the very least estranged, the marriage is basically over) This dude has problems and always has, people are giving him an excuse because they hope that he can help the Grizz this year which is kind of sad to me.

He doesn't own her, she can do whatever she pleases with whomever she pleases, she's an adult. Same for Derek Fisher. They're not together anymore, grow up and move on. He better be lucky it was Derek Fisher and not someone who would put some bullets in his head. 

His behavior is pretty OJ Simpson-like if you ask me. It's like he thinks he owns her and if he can't have her, no one will.

Now that's what I like to see, some passion from our players...oh wait, this had nothing to do with a game.  Sigh....plenty of blame to go around here.  Of all the females available to an NBA Player, you just have to go after a former teammate's ex-wife?  So is Matt Barnes going to pick a fight with everyone his ex hooks up with?

So let's see in the playoffs in may he spewed profanity at James Harden's mother(his excuse is he didn't know that was his mother as if it's okay to just cuss out any other ole fan), then he had some weird fascination with Rihanna which put him on TMZ and now he drives dang near 100 miles to get in a fight with a man who is dating a woman he is no longer married to(or at the very least estranged, the marriage is basically over) This dude has problems and always has, people are giving him an excuse because they hope that he can help the Grizz this year which is kind of sad to me.

He doesn't own her, she can do whatever she pleases with whomever she pleases, she's an adult. Same for Derek Fisher. They're not together anymore, grow up and move on. He better be lucky it was Derek Fisher and someone who would put some bullets in his head. 

His behavior is pretty OJ Simpson-like if you ask me. It's like he thinks he owns her and if he can't have her, no one will.

they should have done it in their own home not his..enough said you dont go to another man house to see a women unless thats that women's relative or friend

He doesn't own her, she can do whatever she pleases with whomever she pleases, she's an adult. Same for Derek Fisher. They're not together anymore, grow up and move on. He better be lucky it was Derek Fisher and someone who would put some bullets in his head. 

Exactly, Barnes and his EX are done she can do whatever/whomever she wants. Your EX is not your property. As for those saying that Fisher is an ex-teammate and friend, well it just shows Barnes' friendship wasn't worth much to him.

Either way when the relationship is over its time to move on. Getting angry with or blaming your Ex's new lover is childish behavior. He/She will be with someone else regardless of who that person is. If it's not Fisher it'll still be with another person, Fisher is just an interchangeable hypothetical third party. if you care so much and want to repair the relationship then work on the relationship itself not get angry with a third party. That is just backward thinking.

And him not traveling with the team and driving to confront them shows he is messed up and not 100% in on the upcoming season. 

they should have done it in their own home not his..enough said you dont go to another man house to see a women unless thats that women's relative or friend

I agree to a certain point but from what little I have read, there were several people over there so it's not like it was just her and Fisher. Also, they are going through a divorce and it seems as if she lives their full time and he doesn't. Once again, just move on. Why drive 100 miles and miss your team flight to get into a fight with someone who is dating your soon to be ex-wife? makes no sense to me. 

I agree to a certain point but from what little I have read, there were several people over there so it's not like it was just her and Fisher. Also, they are going through a divorce and it seems as if she lives their full time and he doesn't. Once again, just move on. Why drive 100 miles and miss your team flight to get into a fight with someone who is dating your soon to be ex-wife? makes no sense to me. 

rick james said ....was a heck of a drug...he should have said love instead.

remember this story when people try to say Barnes got veteran leadership and or experience

also Thabeet would've whooped Barnes if their shoving match continued that one year 

I'm not saying Barnes was doing the right thing lol. But, anyone who's saying they would be okay with their ex wife sleeping with one of your friends, especially if you have kids together and these guys have been around each other before during your marriage is lying to themselves. 

And not just an ex wife from years ago at that. Not 10 years down the line. They just divorced like a year ago or so if I'm not mistaken. 

I'm not saying Barnes was doing the right thing lol. But, anyone who's saying they would be okay with their ex wife sleeping with one of your friends, especially if you have kids together and these guys have been around each other before during your marriage is lying to themselves. 

And not just an ex wife from years ago at that. Not 10 years down the line. They just divorced like a year ago or so if I'm not mistaken. 

I don't think anybody is saying that they'd be Okay with it. It's how you react to the pain and betrayal that shows and defines your personality and state of mind. 

My theory: The best thing you can do to a guy that tries to steal your girl....................let him keep her.

I don't think anybody is saying that they'd be Okay with it. It's how you react to the pain and betrayal that shows and defines your personality and state of mind. 

My theory: The best thing you can do to a guy that tries to steal your girl....................let him keep her.

so where your ole lady at :ph34r:

And him not traveling with the team and driving to confront them shows he is messed up and not 100% in on the upcoming season. 

This is the biggest Grizz related take away for me. I was unhappy when we acquired Barnes, distressed when we learned he would have a large role this coming year according to DJ, and now just sitting here shaking my head after this latest news.

Dude is acting a fool already and the season hasn't even begun. 

Now it's being reported that Fisher is considering legal action.

Barnes was driving for over an hour and during all that time it didn't occur to him that it might be a bad idea to go there.

Hope he brings more to Memphis than his L.A. drama.

Now it's being reported that Fisher is considering legal action.

Barnes was driving for over an hour and during all that time it didn't occur to him that it might be a bad idea to go there.

Hope he brings more to Memphis than his L.A. drama.

That is what really bugs me. This guy is 35 years old not 21. 

rick james said ....was a heck of a drug...he should have said love instead.

Well, love has gotten a lot of people put in jail and dead. That's the same excuse people use when they beat others and/or kill others. As I said, this was very OJ Simpson-esque to me. Personally, i think it's disturbing. 

i don't think anyone is saying that they would be okay with it. It think people, well at least, I am saying that it's very disturbing that a 35 year old man who has a lot to lose would just kick his team to the curb and miss the team plane so that he could go and get into a fist fight with another adult male who is dating his soon to be ex-wife. It's over, move on. This guy hasn't learned anything in life. Also, you are making a lot of assumptions. I have no idea if he and Fisher are or were friends. There have been plenty of teammates who either had no relationship at all or even hated each other, you're not automatically friends because you are teammates. Also, are we to assume that Matt Barnes was 100% faithful to her during their relationship? It's over, they are separate and going through a divorce, move on. she doesn't want you.  Move on. Why jeopardize your career and/or life by emotionally over-reacting to a situation that you have no control over. I used to think dating friend's exes was wrong or off-limits or whatever, but as I have gotten older, I see it more and more who have done it, including getting married, because people like familiarity and would rather be with someone who they know than going out and finding yet another crazy person and starting over. She is an adult and any implication about bruh rules and foolish like that is to me an implication that he owns her and has the right to control who she should date, that is ridiculous. Barnes is 100% in the wrong, as I said, the only thing where i may halfway agree is that it is in a house that he owned but on the other hand, she lives there full time, not him and it sounded more like a gathering of several people, not just her and Fisher. 

This guy is 35 years old and still acting like a 25 year old. We are expecting him to provide veteran leadership. As I mentioned before, he cussed out Harden's mother at a playoff game, then was traded to Charlotte and basically banned from the premises and traded yet again, then the whole Rihanna foolishness which was more silly than anything and now he misses a team flight so that he can drive 100 miles to fist fight a guy dating his ex-wife? This has all happened in the last 4-5 months. This guy hasn't learned anything in life and to say something like that about somebody in their mid-30's is sad and once again, people want to look the other way in hopes that he can help us win.