Sign in to follow this  
PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Espn Ranks The Top 5 Teams In The West...what's Your Opinion Grizznation.

We'll make the playoffs. We just won't have enough to beat the Warriors, Spurs or Cavs barring injury of course.

Same ole' same ole' second round out.

1. Golden St. Warriors

2. Oklahoma City Thunder

3. San Antonio Spurs

4. Memphis Grizzlies

5. New Orleans Pelicans

- I think we're a distant 4th. My hope is we make some sort of blockbuster deal. Doesn't have to happen now, but it has to happen sometime before the deadline.

what would you consider a "blockbuster trade" because we don't really have the trade assets to pull something big off

I'd say:

GSW

SAS

OKC (only if KD and Westbrook can play every game)

HOU

MEM

LAC

NOLA

DAL

SAC

Hou and Memphis is a toss up, but GSW and Spurs clearly in front. GSW first because they are the champs and deserve to start as favourites

If we stay healthy all season, I think we are a top 5 team. i'm not convinced that OKC will be better than us, I agree that Houston is a toss-up but I think we have an edge, I think we are right behind SA, GSW and CLE.

i am curious why so many think that OKC is better than us...as i recall, over the last 5 years our games with them have been on par...even when both teams are healthy the games are always close yet so many people want to rank them ahead of us...

thoughts...

Dallas definitely isn't better. They may not even make the playoffs IMO. The Clippers losing DJ definitely puts them into a lower tier. I think its safe to say we are AT LEAST  a top 6 team in the NBA and top 5 in the West. Outside of the Cavs, Warriors, OKC, Spurs, we are probably next in line. Houston with their depth could potentially be better.

I agree with ESPN, the only teams with a clear advantage if all players are healthy is GS/SA/CAVS ... if were playing in a mid season Lull were looking like an 8th seed but when were clicking we can hang with any of these teams

Dallas isn't completely finished.  I see Dallas getting Jeremy Lin and/or a guy like Brandon Jennings.  They aren't stars but they do enough to get the job done.  To me Dallas will be much tougher defensively.

People may laugh, but I saw DeAndre Jordan say that Dallas will get him the ball in the post more.  I watched him in LA and I always thought that he had more post game than he was allowed to show.  He had decent footwork and can use both hands.  Ofcourse foul shooting is a problem, but I am really interested to see how he is used as a scoring option if Dallas is serious about it.  I think he can surprise some people.

I just wouldn't be shocked to see Dwight Howard production from DeAndre.

Dallas isn't completely finished.  I see Dallas getting Jeremy Lin and/or a guy like Brandon Jennings.  They aren't stars but they do enough to get the job done.  To me Dallas will be much tougher defensively.

People may laugh, but I saw DeAndre Jordan say that Dallas will get him the ball in the post more.  I watched him in LA and I always thought that he had more post game than he was allowed to show.  He had decent footwork and can use both hands.  Ofcourse foul shooting is a problem, but I am really interested to see how he is used as a scoring option if Dallas is serious about it.  I think he can surprise some people.

I stll don't think Dallas is a serious threat to be a top 5 team in the West. Jennings + Wes Matthews = the ruptured achilles backcourt. Definitely nott a good look. Lin IMO is a backup PG, so having him as a starter makes them a little weaker. I don't consider him the playmaker to make Jordan better, neither is Matthews. If they lose JJB, that may make them weaker because I considered him one of the better guards they had last season. They may end up bringing him back, though.

Put it this way...i would love to be in a playoff matchup with Dallas lol.

GS

Cleve

Spurs

Okc

Houston

Grizz

6th best in the league aint bad I guess

Just put Spurs at 1. They will add a backup pg and call this a offseason.

Parker/Mills/?

Green/Ginobili

Leonard/Anderson/?

LA/West/?

Duncan/Diaw/ Bonner