Sign in to follow this  
Teddy.B

Marc Back In Fold For 5 Years 108 Mil.

We can sure get Tony to knock down 20 every night. My point is, at least we know Jeff is capable of hitting 20 every night, where with Tony, if gets 10 in a game we should have a parade down Beale Street.

Tony got 10 or more points 26 times in the regular season just past.

What is all this panic?  It's not the 9th yet.  Marc has been relaxed and cool as a cucumber through all of this, and he has not met with any other team to anyone's knowledge!

It would be incompetence of the highest order on the part of the Grizzlies for so many people to believe he wasn't going anywhere, then somehow cause Gasol to start exploring after the 9th because they weren't able to do things to his liking. It would make everybody - including Marc and his agent - look like rank amateurs.

Marc cannot win with this fan base.  No matter what.  It almost makes me wish he would leave and say "I started reading the Grizzlies message boards and it made me realize I should explore my options."

The board these days, GEEZ....

Don't worry...when Marc Gasol - General Manager doesn't get what he wants, that 5 year deal will turn into a 2 year deal.  :P

Might be looking for sign and trade partners. I thought it was done but. I'm not so sure now. If everyone has announced their agreements, why not Marc.? Maybe they are looking for trades for a couple other guys on the team.

IMO, Marc will sign a 2 year deal with the 2nd year decision to stay or leave to be his choice to make. If this is the deal, the GRIZZ should trade him some time before 2017. Again; this is imo.

Could be tied to his contract. I don't think an NBA team can keep them from playing, but I'm sure there could be a gentleman's agreement with the team about it.

Could be tied to his contract. I don't think an NBA team can keep them from playing, but I'm sure there could be a gentleman's agreement with the team about it.

This isn't unexpected, he already said back in June that he'd been going with the NT for 8 years straight and it might be time to take a break.

BTW, you are correct, the CBA states that the teams must allow their players to participate in international competitions, but it's a given that FAs negotiating big contracts tend to pass (with maybe the exception of the Olympics)

been out for bit.

can someone please tell me what in the sam hell is going on here?

we going to sign big spain, or not?

slim.

I have it on good authority that he's thinking about quitting basketball and joining a Triple-A baseball team.

I have it on good authority that he's thinking about quitting basketball and joining a Triple-A baseball team.

I was told he wanted to participate in the World Championship Eating Competition after Kobe lost.

been out for bit.

can someone please tell me what in the sam hell is going on here?

we going to sign big spain, or not?

slim.

could it be as simple as he is willing to take less money if we can sign someone else?...if we cant, then he takes his max...if we can get another shooter or mo williams or someone else, then he may take less to get us under the cap...could it be that simple...

i thought i read that pera was back in the states...isnt wallace also back....why would they be back if it were still up in the air...

and its not like there is anywhere else for him to to...except the Clipps...and i dont see that happening...

go grizz

Is that what the thread "Gasol should be like Jordan" really meant?

Pau comments on Marc's FA (for what it's worth)

Not sure what's going on but if he doesn't sign Thursday, well I'll say if he doesn't sign by this weekend. I would just move on and figure out what to do without him, maybe figure out a sign an dtrade. It's great if he wants the team to improve, but they obviously have financial restrictions which prevent them from getting a big name FA or even a major contributor. There may be trades available but you have to find another team that is willing to give up a big time talent. 

Is that what the thread "Gasol should be like Jordan" really meant?

"La Mermelada Espacial", with Marc Gasol and Speedy Gonzales. Soon in a theater near you.

Pau said today to the Spanish press that "Marc's doubts are related to the national team." No idea what that means now that he's said he won't join the national team.

http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2015/07/06/actualidad/1436170473_687644.html(in Spanish)

The CA article quoted Pau as saying: "He has not signed because the decision has to do a bit with the team"

The whole article is based around him talking about he Grizzlies, not the national team.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/grizzlies/pau-gasol-adds-mystery-to-marc-gasols-decision_34475231

The CA article quoted Pau as saying: "He has not signed because the decision has to do a bit with the team"

The whole article is based around him talking about he Grizzlies, not the national team.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/grizzlies/pau-gasol-adds-mystery-to-marc-gasols-decision_34475231

How do you know? It doesn't specify whether the comment was regarding the national team or the Grizzlies. Things are easily lost in translation, just like the alleged comment that Marc had already agreed on a deal with the Grizzlies.

How do you know? It doesn't specify whether the comment was regarding the national team or the Grizzlies. Things are easily lost in translation, just like the alleged comment that Marc had already agreed on a deal with the Grizzlies.

I was just about to post the same thing. 

I was just about to post the same thing. 

Tillery is one of the worst sports writers there is. He throws out little tidbits without context and then he brings up really old stuff that has nothing to do with anything. 

I don't think there is any question about Marc re-signing. The speculation seems to be from how long will he sign for and whether or not that has anything to do with the teams activity level to bring in more talent.

I wish he would hurry up and sign a deal so we can go back to complaining about how soft he is and why we won't get out of the second round.

Maybe Marc's enjoying his vacation, his new wife, and baby and everyone associated with his job are respecting that knowing everything's fine when he returns to work.

Why on Earth would Marc not let any other team or sports news organization know he was a free agent had he not chosen to resign with us?

Why aren't teams trying to sign lebron right now despite the fact that he's a free agent and gas had no contact with his FO?

Just because it's summer doesn't mean you can't use your brain, folks.

Maybe Marc's enjoying his vacation, his new wife, and baby and everyone associated with his job are respecting that knowing everything's fine when he returns to work.

Why on Earth would Marc not let any other team or sports news organization know he was a free agent had he not chosen to resign with us?

Why aren't teams trying to sign lebron right now despite the fact that he's a free agent and gas had no contact with his FO?

No one can deny that its a pretty strange way to handle free agency regardless of what's going on. So, I can understand the concerns, speculation or whatever it may be. People know Lebron's situation has more to deal with Gilbert putting more talent around him and re-signing his buddy Thompson. No one really knows what is truly going on with our situation, but I believe it more has to deal with the FO improving the roster. I've never heard our name involved in acquiring so many players from Mo Williams, Tobias, Joe JOhnson, Gallinari, etc. within a two week time frame. So, I just think he does want something to happen, but I don't expect him to leave either way.

I wish he would hurry up and sign a deal so we can go back to complaining about how soft he is and why we won't get out of the second round.

That's why he isn't signed. He's waiting for those fans to admit that they want him back.

Looking at the empirical evidence:

-Kosta Koufus signed with the Kings. Surely we wouldn't let him walk if we didn't feel good about Marc.

-There have been no talks with other teams.

-Aldridge is signing with the only other team that he was likely to go to.

-All reports indicate that people in the know seem to think he's coming back.

So with that it leads us to the following possible conclusions:

1. Gasol isn't sure whether he will sign a long-term or short-term contract, i.e. working out the details.

2. Gasol is waiting until we finish our roster moves. This allows him to not only see what our team is going to look like. It also allows him to possibly give up some money on his contract in order to win a championship.

3. Gasol just wants to wait until signing day and finalize the deal then.

4. Pera doesn't want to pony up the money.

I am kind of leaning to no. 2. I think that no. 4 is far fetched since Pera hasn't tried to run the team on the cheap.

That's all too logical and reasonable. No need for talk like that on these boards