Sign in to follow this  
grizzyoface

Welcome Brandan Wright

That same could be said for JamGreen or Martin.

They aint cutting a first round pick after one summer

Come on Stokes was essentially done after the fight. He does not have the game to over come that really. The Grizz have brought in Jeff Green, Ja Green, Martin and now Wright who are all better at the only position he can play. That does not include the starter.

Wow, has Wright had a growth spurt since we signed him?  From 6'9" and 205 to 7'1" and 260 lbs?  NBA.com says 6'10" and 210 lbs.

I like the Wright acquisition.  We still should have a backup banger.

lol i meant "isn't"

Come on Stokes was essentially done after the fight. He does not have the game to over come that really. The Grizz have brought in Jeff Green, Ja Green, Martin and now Wright who are all better at the only position he can play. That does not include the starter.

Not sure where I heard it from X, but I did hear that the team seriously contemplated cutting him after that fight and that's a big reason why they elected to A.) Play Jam Green in favor of him and B.) Draft another PF in the draft this year. Not sure if it's true, but I can see the logic behind it, especially since he didn't overwhelm with his play.

Not sure where I heard it from X, but I did hear that the team seriously contemplated cutting him after that fight and that's a big reason why they elected to A.) Play Jam Green in favor of him and B.) Draft another PF in the draft this year. Not sure if it's true, but I can see the logic behind it, especially since he didn't overwhelm with his play.

The guys probably killed his NBA career over Kalin Lucas. Sad.

I had high hopes for the guy but you have to be smarter and more professional than that.

Dude, stop. Stokes hasn't proven anything.

My point was that if some are still concerned about Wright's ability to guard Beefy Bigs  then it's not difficult to find a min contract Big for that purpose.  

Stokes has proven he can do that and has also proven his rebounding is no fluke either.   However, what he HASN't proved is that he is worth investing in or is a good fit for our roster.

My point was that if some are still concerned about Wright's ability to guard Beefy Bigs  then it's not difficult to find a min contract Big for that purpose.  

Stokes has proven he can do that and has also proven his rebounding is no fluke either.   However, what he HASN't proved is that he is worth investing in or is a good fit for our roster.

this is a joke? Beefy Bigs? tell me one that we have to be afraid. Those Beefy Bigs can defend the pick and roll with Wright and Mike?

this is a joke? Beefy Bigs? tell me one that we have to be afraid. Those Beefy Bigs can defend the pick and roll with Wright and Mike?

You are preaching to the choir.  I don't think it will be an issue.  I was offering that solution to the "Debbie Downers".

Very excited about his pickup.  Most national guys are calling this the biggest steal so far in Free Agency.  Which is good to hear because sometimes I've got on the Beale Street Blue glasses

I had a dream last night that we also signed Rasual Butler.  Is he a FA?  :lol:

You are preaching to the choir.  I don't think it will be an issue.  I was offering to that solution to the "Debbie Downers".

1082.gif

Is Stokes contract unguaranteed?  Is unguaranteed a word?

Very excited about his pickup.  Most national guys are calling this the biggest steal so far in Free Agency.  Which is good to hear because sometimes I've got on the Beale Street Blue glasses

I had a dream last night that we also signed Rasual Butler.  Is he a FA?  :lol:

358.gif

These two had great chemistry during VC's tenure in Dallas. I think its safe to say VC will definitely be in the rotation next year, which I'm completely fine with IF he can return to his 2013-14 version. The 2013-14 version of VC was a 6th man of the year candidate.

dst6px.gif

dst6jf.gif

dst6li.gif

dst66y.gif

dst69e.gif

Joerger was practically breathing heavy when he talked about VC in the pick n roll at last year's welcoming press conference.

And now we bring in a big he's familiar with who is also a pick n roll nightmare for other teams.  

That will be offensive sets 1, 2 and 3 when the bench starts unloading next season.

I guess what I'm wondering is how Barnes, VC, Green (or new starter), TA and Lee play.

You have a feeling that Barnes, VC and TA are definitely playing next year. Depending on if we keep Green or move him for another starter, that guy will play as well. We not even factoring Adams into the equation right now lol.

I just get the feeling that Vince wont be as bad next year. He will find his touch.

Looking at his last 4-5 seasons before 2014-15, I'll take the outlier of those 4-5 seasons. I do think he'll be capable of getting back to his old self (no pun intended). Something around 18-20mpg, 42% FG, 38% 3PT, 110-120 3's made is all I can ask out of him. He made 162 and 146 3's in Dallas his last two seasons.

A reminder of how great our deal was with Wright:

Ed Davis just got $20mil for 3 years.

A reminder of how great our deal was with Wright:

Ed Davis just got $20mil for 3 years.

A reminder of how great it was + a reminder of how good Ed Davis is as well lol. He's a good 3rd big not matter how biased Memphis fans were towards him as a player.