Sign in to follow this  
memphis slim

Welcome Matt Barnes

I still dislike this move he won't make us better and this guy is old but he hasn't mature (like zbo)he leads the NBA in techs I think or in the top 10.

Bottom line this move sucks to me this is right there with the thabeet move HORRIBLE I want Wallace to be fire now.

I still dislike this move he won't make us better and this guy is old but he hasn't mature (like zbo)he leads the NBA in techs I think or in the top 10.

Bottom line this move sucks to me this is right there with the thabeet move HORRIBLE I want Wallace to be fire now.

Did you like Timma more?

I always appreciated that Matt didn't flop as much as the other Clippers. He did sometimes because that is their team's culture, but I know that if he tries any of that **** here he will be promptly put in his place.

TA also had some flops before, but the fanbase still loves him.

Barnes will be alright.

Yeah, using the highest draft pick in franchise history on a career D-leaguer who was cut after two years is juuuust the same as getting a known veteran to fill a bench position essentially for free.

i was all in because I support anyone that puts on Beale Street Blue...He has calmed down over the years but he has a legitimate story and upbringing that may be where the anger and intensity come from...He is good fit with Zbo, TA, Mike..He gives maximum effort and I am all in on him.  He has some years left in the tank.

YO

He has calmed down? You must've missed this story which just happened 2 months ago. Sure, it's only words but wasn't he also fined multiple times this past season? Not sure how he has calmed down. I am more concerned about him imploding than anyone else on the team. If he's all in, he should help, but I view him and VC alternating games which should help both of them.

sorry if already discussed but has anyone, anybody, anywhere heard or read anything that MBarnes might have said about being traded to MEM?   I know a lot of MEM fans are going to have to get used to actually cheering for Matt considering......well......he has been a member of the Evil Empire- the dreaded whiners, fake tough guys--LAClips.  

I imagine he has disliked MEM for a while now, so I was wondering if he has said anything on camera or into a microphone that would give any indication as to how he feels about coming to little ole Memphis.  

I don't think any player really dislikes any other players or teams or cities, it's all business and to hype things up. In the words of EPMD:

Businessneverpersonal.jpg

People that don't like this addition are a joke.

why though?? The biggest reason the clips suck last year was because of Barnes.

People that like this addition are a joke

Loll Barnes haters.

Don't be so petty. He's a good pickup.

Only thing I don't like is good shooting form but he's good to have

i love this pickup. more tough guys the better. anyone remember this exchange ... i know zbo is happy barnes is on the squad.

Over the past few years I feel like that Grizzlies are well-respected and pretty liked among NBA fans. I don't think that will change with the addition of Barnes. Being around Mike, Marc and Zbo is nothing like being around Blake and CP3, 2 of the most hated players.

Over the past few years I feel like that Grizzlies are well-respected and pretty liked among NBA fans. I don't think that will change with the addition of Barnes. Being around Mike, Marc and Zbo is nothing like being around Blake and CP3, 2 of the most hated players.

I dunno you should check out the Warriors and some other teams message boards. Zbo and Tony Allen are pretty well hated 

anyone see this today...

Matt Barnes: Wanna wish my lil RICHASS bro @deandrejordan6 a happy bday!! I told you right when I got to the clippers you were a 100mil player!! To watch you grow over the past three seasons has been amazing!! Crazy part is your just scratching the surface.. You have a chance to be great!! Stay heathy, stay focused & stay humble!! I’m proud you, I feel like your my 3rd son.. Isaiah Cater & DJ lol Love you bro! Wait I almost 4got..ima foul the ****outa you when we play yall.. U gonna hv to earn All That $$ from the foul line against us!! Hahaaa 

– via Instagram

I hope this clown don't bring his foolishness to the team

I don't remember Barnes ever getting into it with his own teammates. That's TA's MO

I don't remember Barnes ever getting into it with his own teammates. That's TA's MO

Don't forget that Z-Bo broke his teammates face with a punch in practice. 

anyone see this today...

Matt Barnes: Wanna wish my lil RICHASS bro @deandrejordan6 a happy bday!! I told you right when I got to the clippers you were a 100mil player!! To watch you grow over the past three seasons has been amazing!! Crazy part is your just scratching the surface.. You have a chance to be great!! Stay heathy, stay focused & stay humble!! I’m proud you, I feel like your my 3rd son.. Isaiah Cater & DJ lol Love you bro! Wait I almost 4got..ima foul the ****outa you when we play yall.. U gonna hv to earn All That $$ from the foul line against us!! Hahaaa 

– via Instagram

I see a lot of attention is being paid to what Matt Barnes says in the media/social media. He tweets/posts a lot of things that most NBA players say amongst themselves and close friends all the time.

He says he's a Grit & Grind type, but he's more like Punch, kick, throw and curse type.

On the positive side he's a decent defender and a good 3-point shooter. He adds the needed outside offense to the team and good for 10-14 points.