Been championing Ellis for years. Y'all can say whatever you want about him, but dude wants to play here and he's a very high-level scoring guard. I don't know why people - including those in our organization - keep turning their noses up at him. He's precisely what our backcourt has been lacking all these years, and he actually wants to sign here and play in this city.

Yes yes!! But people keep talking about him chucking shots. But we have guys that can't even get a shot off or don't want to or can't hit them when they do.

Conley/Isaiah Thomas/Calathes

Lee/Adams/Alan Anderson

Green/Dorrell Wright/Carter

Zbo/Montrezl Harrell/Jam

Gasol/Antic

We cant afford all of that in all likely hood we will be bringing in 3 new guys 1 or 2 might be rookies and the other will be a FA that we get with the MLE.

KK Calathes and Leuer will all be gone. doing a S&T with KK was an option that was brought up or one with Green but we wont have much flexibility this summer.

Antic and Dorrell Wright are the only free agents in my scenario. Everyone else are draft picks and trades. If we cant afford Antic and Wright than I don't know what to say

Antic and Dorrell Wright are the only free agents in my scenario. Everyone else are draft picks and trades. If we cant afford Antic and Wright than I don't know what to say

We should afford them with the MLE, a different matter is if we can lure them vs. other destinations.

Draft Wrights brotger and you might be able to get him lol

look..

i believe that we can 'lure' some of these guys.

i gues im one of the posters on here old enough to remember when brian cardinal was a corvette.

we have come a long way.

gasol and conley have a great deal of respect from their peers.

we have a good squad.

im not saying we can compete head-head w/ny or la...but i think we can be a player.

slim.

i believe that we can 'lure' some of these guys.

Oh, I don't mean that we can't be a desirable destination for guys like Antic or Wright (I bet Antic would love to play with Marc), but there are other teams with more money that may outbid us.

i wouldn't be to peeved with Boozer for Vet Min .  Antic & Wright looks good to me .. Lin , Babbit , Dunleavy  depending how how our roster looks after draft or a trade .

Antic looks great he'd be one of my 1st target really . they got muscala & Scott anywayys

i wouldn't be to peevef with Boozer for Vet Min .  Antic & Wright looks good to me .. Lin , Babbit , Dunleavy  depending how how our roster looks after draft or a trade .

I've seen traffic cones defending the paint better than Boozer. If he had to be benched by the Lakers, how do you think he'll get playing time with us?

I've seen traffic cones defending the paint better than Boozer. If he had to be benched by the Lakers, how do you think he'll get playing time with us?

he's still way better than Leuer .... has a better mid range game & a scorer .   show me some complete players without faults that we can bring in .. ..

Eeeeh... have you seen him play lately? It's positively hideous.

yeah , he puts the ball in the hoop 

zbo/booze >>>>>> zbo/leuer ..

yeah , he puts the ball in the hoop 

zbo/booze >>>>>> zbo/leuer ..

come on...idg..

you may be drinking too much idk..

if you think replacing jlo is going to take us to the promised land...

come on.

pour me one too i guess.

slim.

Yeah, 102 points per 100 posessions, not bad. He also allows 109 points per 100 posessions.

well who was better on that lakers team ? short list i bet . 

come on...idg..

you may be drinking too much idk..

if you think replacing jlo is going to take us to the promised land...

come on.

pour me one too i guess.

slim.

maybe you haven't noticed but benches matter , it's part of why we are sitting here talking about free agents .

im fine with replacing the bench guys.

but...jlo was not even part of the bench.

he did not even play down the stretch of the reg. season.

the guy you are suggesting is toast.

sorry. not personal..

slim.

well who was better on that lakers team ? short list i bet . 

Ed Davis, Tarik Black, Jeremy Lin, Jordan Clarkson. Ed Davis in particular had a +17 rating, played more minutes and plays the same position. And Boozer had a negative rating his last season in Chicago, too, so it's not exactly due to being in a terrible team.

My point in any case is you can find much better players on a vet min contract. Hiring Boozer at this point is throwing good money at a name.

im fine with replacing the bench guys.

but...jlo was not even part of the bench.

he did not even play down the stretch of the reg. season.

the guy you are suggesting is toast.

sorry. not personal..

slim.

then how could replacing him not help ? 

Ed Davis, Tarik Black, Jeremy Lin, Jordan Clarkson. Ed Davis in particular had a +17 rating, played more minutes and plays the same position. And Boozer had a negative rating his last season in Chicago, too, so it's not exactly due to being in a terrible team.

My point in any case is you can find much better players on a vet min contract. Hiring Boozer at this point is throwing good money at a name.

i was more talking about the Def rating . i doubt anyone looked great on  that team .  they allow quite a few points.  i'm not gonna argue that he's a + defender or anything along those lines , he's probably better than what he was on the lakers though. but yes i think he's better than leuer. 

better target for vet min probably so.  but booze @ vet min wouldn't be heart breaking or anything i'd be mad about is all i'm saying  and it's all i really said to start with . he'd be an upgrade over leuer . if you don't wanna upgrade the bench that's cool too we can keep getting put out with guys like leuer that can't get playtime when the real season starts . 

I've been wanting a secondary ball handler capable of playing sg next to Conley for years but I feel it's never going to happen. At the lower end of the draft the only guy like that is probably Delon Wright but he wouldn't get playing time. The only rookies who will get playing time under Joerger are high pick guys but Memphis has nothing to get into the range to take a guy like Deangelo Russell. 

Then the guys available in free agency at Memphis' price point aren't capable of playing that role except a guy like Stuckey. But would I want Memphis to sacrifice Adams' minutes in favor of mediocrity like Stuckey, no. 

Honestly, even if Gasol leaves I'd want to bring in CJ Watson in because he'll be the first two way backup pg Memphis has ever had. He fits need perfectly and does it a suitable price. Guys like Watson or a CJ Miles last year are the type of dudes Memphis should have always been targeting imo 

Love CJ Watson... "quiet storm." Can shoot the **** ball.

When your core cannot space the floor, you can't afford to have non-spacers at the complementary spots. Your role players have to add value to your areas of deficiency. Love Beno, et. al., but we need guys that can shoot soaking up mins at the complementary positions. No way around it.

In a perfect world we find something to do with Jeff Green, get Adams some minutes, fill X1-X3 with guys that can shoot, and drop some athleticism at X4.

Mike / X1 - (Watson?) / Russ

CLee / Adams

X2 / Tony / Vince

Zbo / X3 / Stokes / Jam. Green

Marc / X4

That's 14, and start the season with an open spot for some flexibility. There's my generic roster sol'n for this summer.

then how could replacing him not help ? 

fine. replace j'lo and paint the lockers.

every other tuesday, the guys can watch dr. phil..

that's about how big of a help the team will receive.

slim.

fine. replace j'lo and paint the lockers.

every other tuesday, the guys can watch dr. phil..

that's about how big of a help the team will receive.

slim.

1st time i've ever seen anyone say that getting a better bench won't help . i think you're the drunk one buddy 

Love CJ Watson... "quiet storm." Can shoot the **** ball.

When your core cannot space the floor, you can't afford to have non-spacers at the complementary spots. Your role players have to add value to your areas of deficiency. Love Beno, et. al., but we need guys that can shoot soaking up mins at the complementary positions. No way around it.

In a perfect world we find something to do with Jeff Green, get Adams some minutes, fill X1-X3 with guys that can shoot, and drop some athleticism at X4.

Mike / X1 - (Watson?) / Russ

CLee / Adams

X2 / Tony / Vince

Zbo / X3 / Stokes / Jam. Green

Marc / X4

That's 14, and start the season with an open spot for some flexibility. There's my generic roster sol'n for this summer.

Cj watson would be good ive always liked him and we went after cj miles last year but we decided to be cheap and not pay him and opted for carter instead. I will never forget how hard i wanted us to sign miles cause he could eventually be the starting sf then he sign with the pacer for the MLE and I was like WTF why didnt we offer him that.

The Grizz need to never do that again the time for being cheap has come and gone.

Also i believe Jam Green is ahead of Stokes in the rotation.