On 7/13/2019 at 9:00 PM, Ja_Rules said:

I hope we reduce our frontcourt depth chart so we can resign Noah, we are lacking ppl that add some fire to our game. 

gotta have some crazy !

On 7/13/2019 at 9:00 PM, Ja_Rules said:

I hope we reduce our frontcourt depth chart so we can resign Noah, we are lacking ppl that add some fire to our game. 

Not really. Dillon, Ja and Clarke play with plenty of intensity 

9 hours ago, Allen said:

Not really. Dillon, Ja and Clarke play with plenty of intensity 

So does Jae Crowder and Josh Jackson.   We don't lack for guys that play with passion.   Just hope we have enough guys that keep them balanced out like Conley did for Marc and Tony. 

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Those two kids are gonna lead the Grizzlies to a championship 

Olympiacos is finalizing a two-year deal with Wade Baldwin, a source tells Eurohoops. This would be Baldwin’s first stint in Europe.

– via EuroHoops.net

I was making the list of our training camp, 20 players and it is a pretty solid group, I imagine that we solve Iggy situation soon, so...

Ja/Tyus/Melton/Hannahs 

Dillon/Josh/Yuta/Harvey/Allen/Konchar

SlowMo/Caboclo/Guduric/Hill

Jaren/Crowder/Clarke

JV/Plumlee/Dwight

That will be a fun training camp, Jenkins will have a lot of job, and big decisions to make.

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

I was making the list of our training camp, 20 players and it is a pretty solid group, I imagine that we solve Iggy situation soon, so...

Ja/Tyus/Melton/Hannahs 

Dillon/Josh/Yuta/Harvey/Allen/Konchar

SlowMo/Caboclo/Guduric/Hill

Jaren/Crowder/Clarke

JV/Plumlee/Dwight

That will be a fun training camp, Jenkins will have a lot of job, and big decisions to make.

U can take Dwight off the list as well so that would open. Up another spot.

2 hours ago, First Team All Memphis said:

I think the open night roster will be

1. Ja /Tyus

2. Josh /Dillon or grayson

3. Jae/ Kyle/ Hill/ Bruno

4. Jaren/ Brandon/ Bruno

5. Jv/ Plumlee

I think you're spot on for the most part on the names, I just disagree slightly on positions. Only person I think is different is Melton over Hill. Hill sucks and Melton is young and provides depth at a critical position. 

I think Josh will be the backup SF personally, with Brooks starting at SG and Allen as his backup. I don't think Kyle fits in very well in a pace and space offense, particularly now we have another non shooter in Tyus running the offense. We'll see on that, but Kyle can play a lot of positions as well so he'll find some minutes. 

I also think bruno and Clarke are your 4 and 5 off the bench. That combo did well in summer league, and I think will continue that in the regular season. They can both switch on smaller guys and can guard at least most 5s off the bench. They might struggle at times with stronger guys at the backup 5, but they're versatile enough to make up for that. 

That's only 13 people (which is the active roster which I assume is what you did) so that leaves room for maybe Rabb, Marko, possibly Iggy. 

9 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I think you're spot on for the most part on the names, I just disagree slightly on positions. Only person I think is different is Melton over Hill. Hill sucks and Melton is young and provides depth at a critical position. 

I think Josh will be the backup SF personally, with Brooks starting at SG and Allen as his backup. I don't think Kyle fits in very well in a pace and space offense, particularly now we have another non shooter in Tyus running the offense. We'll see on that, but Kyle can play a lot of positions as well so he'll find some minutes. 

I also think bruno and Clarke are your 4 and 5 off the bench. That combo did well in summer league, and I think will continue that in the regular season. They can both switch on smaller guys and can guard at least most 5s off the bench. They might struggle at times with stronger guys at the backup 5, but they're versatile enough to make up for that. 

That's only 13 people (which is the active roster which I assume is what you did) so that leaves room for maybe Rabb, Marko, possibly Iggy. 

I feel you but I just think is josh is supremely more talented than both Dillon and Grayson. he was a  top 5 pick for a reason and has accomplished more than they have. with a coach like Jenkins, I think his game is gonna thrive. 

12 hours ago, First Team All Memphis said:

I think the open night roster will be

1. Ja /Tyus

2. Josh /Dillon or grayson

3. Jae/ Kyle/ Hill/ Bruno

4. Jaren/ Brandon/ Bruno

5. Jv/ Plumlee

There is a 1.02% chance Solomon Sorry *** Hill is going to be ahead of Bruno in the rotation, if he's even on the team.

32 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

There is a 1.02% chance Solomon Sorry *** Hill is going to be ahead of Bruno in the rotation, if he's even on the team.

I think your estimate may be too high.

1 hour ago, First Team All Memphis said:

I feel you but I just think is josh is supremely more talented than both Dillon and Grayson. he was a  top 5 pick for a reason and has accomplished more than they have. with a coach like Jenkins, I think his game is gonna thrive. 

I agree, I think he probably will be starting at SF at some point this year, or at the very least in the future. I just don't think his position is SG long term. 

9 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I agree, I think he probably will be starting at SF at some point this year, or at the very least in the future. I just don't think his position is SG long term. 

Why not SG?  He seems to have the handles for it.  Being able to put someone his size at SG could give us a real matchup advantage.

49 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Why not SG?  He seems to have the handles for it.  Being able to put someone his size at SG could give us a real matchup advantage.

Well for one he can't shoot, makes the Shooting guard part hard lol.  

He has the size and length and athleticism to guard SFs, which is not something anybody else on our team can exactly say. He could be the answer we've been looking for so long at SF. 

You can play him at SG, but long term I think he's still a SF. 

I don't think we currently have the answer at SG either, but Brooks and Allen are our best two bets I think. Give them a year and then we can decide what to do from there. 

Yea i think Josh Jackson is better option at SG than SF.   He is pretty skinny and doesn't have exceptional wingspan.  His ability to handle pass and defend the postion is on par with SGs.    IMHO he has a bigger advantage at the 2 than battling against typically stronger and longer 3s. 

His shooting isn't as bad as some make it out to be.   It was improving. 

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2019/03/30/phoenix-suns-josh-jackson-set-return-scoring-threat/3306123002/

Jackson was at 29.9 percent going into the All-Star break after shooting 26.3 percent from 3 his rookie year. So, raising it up four to five percentage points seemed like a lofty goal.

After missing 10 of his first 11 3s coming back onto the court, it seemed way too lofty, but Jackson hasn’t misfired on many since.

Jackson is shooting 38.1 percent from 3 since the break and has connected on 46.8 percent (15-of-32) of his 3s since that 1-of-11 start.

For the season, Jackson is now shooting 31.6 percent from 3.  

“He’s really shown he can shoot the ball at a high clip,” Suns forward Kelly Oubre Jr. said last week. “He’s getting better every day. He’s hungry. He’s coming in to work and trying to be the best he can be.”

Jackson hopes he's still got that hot hand after missing three games because of a right ankle sprain he suffered against Detroit. Jackson returned to play 30 minutes in Saturday’s home game against Memphis.

https://therunnersports.com/how-real-is-the-improvement-in-josh-jacksons-shooting/

Josh Jackson finished his rookie year with the Phoenix Suns while shooting only 26 percent from deep. The Kansas product was never billed as a knockdown shooter coming into the NBA. Still, 26 percent was a dismal mark especially for someone who was expected to play at the perimeter.

In the three-happy era of the NBA, having a guy like Jackson who was a non-threat from beyond the arc during his rookie year was not ideal.

That’s why it’s so encouraging to see the improvement in Jackson’s shooting.

After converting only 26 percent of his three-pointers from deep last season, Jackson finished this regular season campaign with a mark of 32 percent from long range. His three-point percentage is essentially even with what Devin Booker posted this year.

It’s tempting to say that Jackson has now fixed his shot, but has he really?

Jackson was often on the receiving end of the Rajon Rondo treatment in Phoenix. Teams weren’t necessarily completely ignoring him because they know he can make plays, but at the same time, they were happy if the Suns’ possession ended with him shooting from long range.

During his rookie year, that strategy worked out often for opposing defenders. He shot only 28 percent overall on catch-and-shoot opportunities, per NBA.com. With no defender within six feet of him, Jackson still only managed to convert just 28 percent of those outside shots.

This season was different.

As a catch-and-shoot guy, Jackson is nailed nearly 36 percent of his looks. When left alone, his three-point shooting percentage increased to 37 percent.

Jackson has to keep shooting a reasonable percentage on those shots because he will keep getting those in Phoenix. Defenses are unlikely to leave Booker, Mikal Bridges, and even Kelly Oubre Jr open. TJ Warren will also draw plenty of attention at the perimeter if he ends up staying with the team.

that jumper looks better for jackson, but he better be able to get it off faster than that against nba defenses.  can he be accurate when he's wide open and doesn't have alot of space to get it off?  that's the hope i have for grayson, because his form is basically perfect and he gets it off incredibly quick.  just needs to get in better shape (he had no legs or explosion on his jumper all SL but he hit most of his FTs which is encouraging) and tons of reps in the rest of summer heading into training camp.

5 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

If konchar can become a knock down shooter, I love the rest his game. 

Need to see him against NBA players, he'll get his chance in pre season 

I wonder if the FO is waiting on the September 4th date when they can move the players acquired in trade this offseason (i.e. Iguodala, Crowder, or whomever) in combination with other players.  They may be wanting to do a 2 for 1, or even a 3 for 2 to reduce the roster which is not allowed with the aforementioned players until then.  I really don't expect Iggy to play for us this season, but you never know.  I hope they have a good plan.