21 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

Holy cra# lakers is offering everything and some for AD. Nuts . Ingram ball kuz 2 first rounders and rondo and Beasley . That’s a lot of young assets. Would do that in a heartbeat and then trade away holiday or ball for more assets

So, here's the thing. What are ingram, ball, and Kuzma? Without Lebron they're a non-playoff team in the west. They're young, granted, but I do wonder. 

10 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Justin Patton looks like he is going to be a roster causality for the 76ers, we might as well try to pick him up. 

I'd be interested in kicking the tires on Patton and Stauskas.

heard zbo was cut today as well.

to chip's question about fan interest, i could see us looking at signing him for the balance of the season.

not advocating it, just saying i could see it.

(it would also give him the ability to retire a griz- this summer).

slim.

4 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

heard zbo was cut today as well.

to chip's question about fan interest, i could see us looking at signing him for the balance of the season.

not advocating it, just saying i could see it.

(it would also give him the ability to retire a griz- this summer).

slim.

I see the Grizzlies signing Z-Bo for one day after the season so he can retire a Grizz

Cleaning house.

3 jobs left to complete.

1. Fire Wallace

2. Fire JB and ALL coaching staff.

3. Eventually move Chancre Parsons

5 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Cleaning house.

3 jobs left to complete.

1. Fire Wallace

2. Fire JB and ALL coaching staff.

3. Eventually move Chancre Parsons

Yup lol

In a couple years we will have have all of our picks, a couple high draft picks on rookie contracts and a bunch of cap space. I like where we are right now 

33 minutes ago, Allen said:

In a couple years we will have have all of our picks, a couple high draft picks on rookie contracts and a bunch of cap space. I like where we are right now 

Unless some knucklehead gets trade happy with picks.  As long as no one does that we may be in decent shape.  I also hope they don't get silly with free agent signings either.  No more crippling max deals.

44 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Unless some knucklehead gets trade happy with picks.  As long as no one does that we may be in decent shape.  I also hope they don't get silly with free agent signings either.  No more crippling max deals.

Max deals suck

1 minute ago, grizzgolf said:

Max deals suck

Unless you have no intentions of trying to win a title, you are going to have max deals

23 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Unless you have no intentions of trying to win a title, you are going to have max deals

I agree, the problemn isnt to have max players, the problemn is to give max contract to players that wont perform like that.

27 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Max deals are okay for proven players that are already on the roster, but I will be suspicious of any free agent max deals for other teams' players willing to come to Memphis.  We would probably be overpaying unless every other team just didn't have need or financial flexibility, which is unlikely.

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

While our young guys are on rookie deals I wouldn’t mind going after at least 1 max guy. Kinda like GS did with Iggy

57 minutes ago, Allen said:

While our young guys are on rookie deals I wouldn’t mind going after at least 1 max guy. Kinda like GS did with Iggy

If we are going to trade Conley, then throw a max contract at D'Angelo Russell and see if Nets match. 

We should be able to manage it if we trade Conley for parts rather than one whole player, JV opts out which I think he will, we could waive Avery if we had to, and we could strtch Chancre if we really needed to

4 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I can’t remember the last time Allen was optimistic and you go and post this. 😂

5 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Sorry.:mellow:

Just messing with you to hit my 2019 post goals. Thanks for helping me stay on track!

4 hours ago, Allen said:

I just would want to be very careful.  I would be more interested in trying to land a player who has not yet reached his full potential who might be stuck behind a star than trying to land a star.  Of course players like that are frequently RFAs.

16 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Max deals are okay for proven players that are already on the roster, but I will be suspicious of any free agent max deals for other teams' players willing to come to Memphis.  We would probably be overpaying unless every other team just didn't have need or financial flexibility, which is unlikely.

Unfortunately for us, unless we become the greatest drafting team in the league, we are going to have to gamble on someone in free agency. As you say in another post, chase a guy who has shown potential and hope he grows into a max player.

21 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

What are your post goals sir?

I’m trying to make my post count higher than my read count this year.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:52 PM, lsugrizzfan said:

I wish my job gave me a max deal.