Forget the short term moves that won't do anything to move the needle.

WE want the capspace, not be providing it to other teams.

WE need to look at the future, forget the past.

WE need to start looking for a future partner/ replacement for Mike (3-5year plan)

That Miami deal is terrible for us, Waiters has been broken down almost as much as Parsons over the last 3 years, he's played less than 50% of games.

We need to keep focusing on 2020 and-2021 free agency

11 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

WE need to start looking for a future partner/ replacement for Mike (3-5year plan)

That Miami deal is terrible for us, Waiters has been broken down almost as much as Parsons over the last 3 years, he's played less than 50% of games.

The best deal for me is, Beal + Mahinmi for Marc + Temple + Jam + future 1st and two future 2nds

FA Backup PG who also can play with Mike both on court:

DRose, Rozier (restricted), Burks, Russell (restricted), Lin, Ish, Joseph, Collison, Beverley, Brogdon (restricted), Mudiay (restricted), Trey Burke, McConnell, 

My pipedream is DRose, otherwise throw an offer sheet at Brogdon, Russell, or Rozier and force their teams to match

From bleacher report

Charlotte Hornets Receive: Chandler Parsons, Jason Smith, Garrett Temple 

Memphis Grizzlies Receive: Nicolas Batum, Bismack Biyombo, 2020 second-round pick (via Milwaukee)

Milwaukee Bucks Receive: Omri Casspi, JaMychal Green (and waive Christian Wood)

38 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

From bleacher report

Charlotte Hornets Receive: Chandler Parsons, Jason Smith, Garrett Temple 

Memphis Grizzlies Receive: Nicolas Batum, Bismack Biyombo, 2020 second-round pick (via Milwaukee)

Milwaukee Bucks Receive: Omri Casspi, JaMychal Green (and waive Christian Wood)

Terrible trade

We give away Peg Leg and Jam and Temple and Casspi to get a second rnd pick and stuck with 24 MIL on the cap for an extra year, and stuck with a centre we wont be able to trade.

No way, absolutely terrible

We don't need Milwaukee to contribute a 2nd round pick and a single piece of scrap garbage to do a deal with Charlotte

F  Milwaukee

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

Terrible trade

We give away Peg Leg and Jam and Temple and Casspi to get a second rnd pick and stuck with 24 MIL on the cap for an extra year, and stuck with a centre we wont be able to trade.

No way, absolutely terrible

We don't need Milwaukee to contribute a 2nd round pick and a single piece of scrap garbage to do a deal with Charlotte

F  Milwaukee

Charlotte should give us a 1st round pick for that trade honestly. Also, that's like a lot of our depth for Batum and Biyombo. I wouldn't do it. I'm not opposed to trading for Batum straight up if we get something back for it. 

2 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Charlotte should give us a 1st round pick for that trade honestly. Also, that's like a lot of our depth for Batum and Biyombo. I wouldn't do it. I'm not opposed to trading for Batum straight up if we get something back for it. 

Bridges 

2 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Yeah it was probably some fool from Milwaukee proposing that trade.

IF (big IF) we were gonna do business with Charlotte, there are only 2 trades or variations of that I can see, and one of them will probably be a non-starter because of Pera, and or the FEF fandom:

1. Parsons for Batum + Monk or Bridges or a 1st pick lottery protected

2. The trade Once_A_Hater proposed the other day, or variations of it

- Gasol+JaM+Temple for Batum+Biyombo+Bridges or Monk.

This trade means Hornets take on about $4mil, but after March, you can add Holiday to this instead and take out one of JaM or Temple. By March it might not matter to the Horents as long as they get expirings. You could try for Lamb but he's and unrestricted expiring so that would be a gamble, but he's probably the best of the 3 guards/wingman

I'd give strong consideration to the first deal

5 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

Bridges 

I'm starting to watch more of their games, I'm thinking Monk is the better player over Bridges at the moment, with Lamb being the best of the 3

Parsons expiring is going to have some value, it's only 3 days since we told him to get lost, and already there is the Knicks proposal, the Miami proposal, the Charlotte one, and the garbage Bucks/Hornets one - and Parsons still has this season, and next to go. Wait till next season, they will be lining up to take him off our hands.

There is no rush to move Parsons at all. We are in the box seat. The question is do we trade him for longer contracts, or let him drop off the books to make a bid for Jaylen Brown, Napier, Jamal Murray, Bazemore, Taurean Prince, Ingram, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Hield, Siakam are just some of the names who could help.

8 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Cap Space is literally useless in our market. You won’t build a great team through free agency in a small market like Memphis. You build through the Draft and smart Trades. 

We have a potential cornerstone in JJJ, and at least 2 other players that obviously have a place in the future plans (Kyle & Dillon). 

What the grizzlies need to do is get proven young players or picks, packaged with bad contracts that will look good in their last year just like Parsons contract will look next year. Build the team on good decision making and leveraging other people’s past mistakes. 

20 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Parsons expiring is going to have some value, it's only 3 days since we told him to get lost, and already there is the Knicks proposal, the Miami proposal, the Charlotte one, and the garbage Bucks/Hornets one - and Parsons still has this season, and next to go. Wait till next season, they will be lining up to take him off our hands.

There is no rush to move Parsons at all. We are in the box seat. The question is do we trade him for longer contracts, or let him drop off the books to make a bid for Jaylen Brown, Napier, Jamal Murray, Bazemore, Taurean Prince, Ingram, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Hield, Siakam are just some of the names who could help.

Few of those names would be great here

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

I'm starting to watch more of their games, I'm thinking Monk is the better player over Bridges at the moment, with Lamb being the best of the 3

Monk is playing more, and its a sophomore. Bridges has potential to become a force and play 2/3/4; Monk I dont know if will be able to play some pg in the future. I see a sixthman in Monk and I believe we should try to get a potential starter from a Marc deal.

3 hours ago, King Dork said:

Cap Space is literally useless in our market. You won’t build a great team through free agency in a small market like Memphis. You build through the Draft and smart Trades. 

We have a potential cornerstone in JJJ, and at least 2 other players that obviously have a place in the future plans (Kyle & Dillon). 

What the grizzlies need to do is get proven young players or picks, packaged with bad contracts that will look good in their last year just like Parsons contract will look next year. Build the team on good decision making and leveraging other people’s past mistakes. 

You can use cap space to trade for players. For example, we didn't sign ZBo as a FA. You can also use it to facilitate trades between other teams in exchange for picks. And you can use it to make max offers to RFAs and either poach them or send some other team into tax hell.

And of course, you can use cap space to absorb a supermax extension to your young franchise player.

3 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

You can use cap space to trade for players. For example, we didn't sign ZBo as a FA. You can also use it to facilitate trades between other teams in exchange for picks. And you can use it to make max offers to RFAs and either poach them or send some other team into tax hell.

And of course, you can use cap space to absorb a supermax extension to your young franchise player.

But once you go under the salary cap you can’t exceed it with incoming contracts, you can only go up to it. Valuing expiring contracts let’s you circumvent that salary cap number all together. 

20 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

The best deal for me is, Beal + Mahinmi for Marc + Temple + Jam + future 1st and two future 2nds

Dam! Thats waay too much

3 minutes ago, tjazz22 said:

Dam! Thats waay too much

He REALLY wants Beal LOL

3 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

He REALLY wants Beal LOL

I SEE! Lol. I do too but DAM....

19 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

He REALLY wants Beal LOL

19 hours ago, tjazz22 said:

Dam! Thats waay too much

Its the way to make sure we get the deal done, and althought Beal its an AllStar already I trully believe he would produce even better in a new team. 

Jam looked good in this game vs the heat. I don't even know what we think we can get for him at the trade deadline

2 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Jam looked good in this game vs the heat. I don't even know what we think we can get for him at the trade deadline

He played great. I'd like to keep him as a backup 4. 

1 hour ago, The Stro Show said:

Tho I would move him for the right piece.

This is my feeling as well.  If the FO believes he's gone this off-season, then get what you can, but they need to get off that Boston pick.

I want to see more of the JJJ, JaM, Gasol lineup like tonight.  

12 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

This is my feeling as well.  If the FO believes he's gone this off-season, then get what you can, but they need to get off that Boston pick.

I want to see more of the JJJ, JaM, Gasol lineup like tonight.  

I hope we get off the Boston pick other year, this year we can make all the way to the 1st or 2nd pick because the lottery odds are different; I didnt know that before. We dont even have to tank that hard, we just move Marc and our expirings for Beal and hope for Zion in the draft; this is as sucess rebuild as we could get. 

A big 3 of Beal/Zion/JJJ is scary good.

But I still believe FO is not bold enought to move for Beal and trade Marc, so Temple + Jam + Mack for Frank + Hardaway its probably the best we can go. Then we would still be crossing fingers for the Zion phenom; our bad lucky took our chance on Doncic, I hope next year we get Zion to change our history.

Beal killed on the Wizards x Raptors today, I would throw that package I mentioned before for sure to get him, dont know if Wizards would accept, but I would call them by the deadline and try hard for it if I was in CW position.