18 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I would rather keep Jam and trade Marc at this point. Jam is more important than most people on this board think. He is usually the cog piece on any real plays the grizzlies run and while he is not usually the shooter on those plays it makes them work and he can shoot 3s and he can run the court and rebound.

Me too

19 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

3 trades I propose

1-http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7ftrdbr

or 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yay5ryot

2-

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7yne8rh

3-

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8guhcsz

Give them the picks necessary. 

I would give multiple 1st for Beal, Knicks trade the most I would give probably is a 1st or two 2nds, Magic in fact I would want a 2nd round pick from them.

I believe the Knicks is the more realistic trade so assuming we make it we will look like

MC/Carter

Hardaway/Frank/Holiday

SlowMo/Dillon/Yuta

JJJ/Casspi/Parsons/Stokes

Gasol/Noah/Rabb

Give me trade 3 all day. 

Then trade Gasol

I wish we could get Hardaway. I wish the knicks were dumb enough to take Parsons. 

14 minutes ago, tjazz22 said:

Give me trade 3 all day. 

Then trade Gasol

Now we probably have to move Gasol in that deal, no other team is taking Parsons, unless Wizards decide to tank hard and value two unprotected 1st round picks more than taking that salary for a year and half. Things got even worse.

1 hour ago, Allen said:

I can’t think of any Parsons trade that makes sense for both teams 

Not one that isn't just trading worthless players for other worthless players. 

3 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I'd be good with him or Ryan Anderson honestly. Obviously we'd most likely waive either one of them, but they have less guaranteed money next year than Parsons does. 

If we waive them, it still counts on the cap

See Q64

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q64

1 hour ago, grizzgolf said:

I wish we could get Hardaway. I wish the knicks were dumb enough to take Parsons. 

We could

JaM + Temple + one of either Casspi or Mack

The Knicks are tanking hard so taking them on is no risk to that, and they are all expirings so their is no risk to their capspace plans for next year.

The question is, if we do this, what do we have left over to make a 15 man roster?

A: Not much

3 hours ago, Allen said:

I can’t think of any Parsons trade that makes sense for both teams 

Teams against the repeater tax looking for relief. Wait for it.

Also, re: roster moves, we need to answer these questions:

1. Does it put over the top this season?

2. Does it bring a potential long term core piece?

3. Does it keep us financially healthy beyond 2020?

I think it’s safe to say that nothing can realistically put us over the top this season so focus on the last two. If the answer is “no” to both questions don’t even entertain the thought.

7 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

If we waive them, it still counts on the cap

See Q64

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q64

Obviously, that was never in question. Mozgov and Anderson are only guaranteed 16 and 15 million next year though. If we waive that or waive and stretch that we save either 10 million or almost 20 million next year if we stretch. That would be worth it. We'd obviously be alright just to waive and stretch Parsons next year as that saves 16 million. 

10 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

Now we probably have to move Gasol in that deal, no other team is taking Parsons, unless Wizards decide to tank hard and value two unprotected 1st round picks more than taking that salary for a year and half. Things got even worse.

Thats what I want. I'm waaaayy over Gasol. Waaaaaaay

If Gasol's option was a team option, or if we had signed Chancun for just 3 years or put a freaking team option on the 4th year this would all be fixable. Chris Wallace is a b!tch. 

11 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

Also, Beal is my #1 target. Its about time we got a stud 2. Him and Mike would be killee together. No way the wizards keep that team together. If i can't do that, then i look at Hardaway Jr..

As for bigs, give me Vucevic! After him i wouldn't mind Kanter

44 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

If Gasol's option was a team option, or if we had signed Chancun for just 3 years or put a freaking team option on the 4th year this would all be fixable. Chris Wallace is a b!tch. 

So true, we overpay and we also have no flexibility. He is a terrible GM.

17 minutes ago, tjazz22 said:

Also, Beal is my #1 target. Its about time we got a stud 2. Him and Mike would be killee together. No way the wizards keep that team together. If i can't do that, then i look at Hardaway Jr..

As for bigs, give me Vucevic! After him i wouldn't mind Kanter

Could you imagine a Beal/Jaren duo for the next years to come?

1 hour ago, Once_a_hater said:

So true, we overpay and we also have no flexibility. He is a terrible GM.

Could you imagine a Beal/Jaren duo for the next years to come?

OMG! He's THE perfect fit!

What would it take to get Beal here?

6 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

What would it take to get Beal here?

I figured Gasol. Even if he opts out from them. They save $. If he doesn’t. They clear money for the next season. Walls extension kicks in next year if I’m not mistaken. Porter got PAID. So they HAVE to do SOMETHING right?

but I’m sure Wallace will target Porter to go WITH Gasol smh

Im starting to think adding Justin was a mistake. 

1 hour ago, grizzgolf said:

Im starting to think adding Justin was a mistake. 

Why? He fits right in with the others.😬

7 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Why? He fits right in with the others.😬

That’s cold. 

I don’t understand trading two young players on expiring deals AND two 2nd round draft picks for a 29 year old player who isn’t significantly better. It’s not like Holiday is going to move the team needle that much.

3 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

That’s cold. 

I don’t understand trading two young players on expiring deals AND two 2nd round draft picks for a 29 year old player who isn’t significantly better. It’s not like Holiday is going to move the team needle that much.

Chris Wallace Special

The two 2nd round picks is going to hurt the most. They will probably be somewhere in the 30s. Giving them one in 2019 draft is ok since it’s a weaker draft. But 2020? It’s a costly short term move.

4 minutes ago, Grizball said:

The two 2nd round picks is going to hurt the most. They will probably be somewhere in the 30s. Giving them one in 2019 draft is ok since it’s a weaker draft. But 2020? It’s a costly short term move.

The draft is weaker up top, but honestly the way they pick now there will always be quality upperclassmen in the 2nd round of most drafts.

16 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

That’s cold. 

i think they felt pressure to do something after it became public that the Oubre trade fell through. We took on more salary and gave up 2 picks for a guy who's probably not any better than Selden or Brooks but hey, we made a trade. I think they made a trade just to make a trade to look like they are doing something.