29 minutes ago, tjazz22 said:

Exactly. I just dont like the "guys won't sign with us" mentality. We should always go for it IMO 

How many people were betting Paul George going to LA?

No offense to those people but how "attractive" is living in OK compared to LA/NYC/MIA?

4 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

the heat seem like a perfect spot for parsons 

LOL

15 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

the heat seem like a perfect spot for parsons 

Parsons + Selden + Rabb for Tyler Johnson + filler I would do because he expires same as Chancun so it wouldn't harm our cap flexibility, but Whiteside is the one they want gone

5 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Parsons + Selden + Rabb for Tyler Johnson + filler I would do because he expires same as Chancun so it wouldn't harm our cap flexibility, but Whiteside is the one they want gone

Tyler Johnson would be a good fit for our team too.  But i have no idea why they would do that deal.     

I think you said it before but it may be best just to sit tight and wait till buyout market or other teams get desperate.    Honestly I still want to JB give Jevon a chance and see what Dillon does.     Making a move may jeopardize Jevon's chance to get on the floor. 

A Jevon+ Marshon+Omri+JaM+Noah lineup could be a terror defensively and a lot of fun.    I think Marshon is beginning to turn the corner and he has been more effective on offense and defense the last few games.   His shot creation ability has been important off the bench.   

Keeping it real - our max goal this season should be to develop Jaren and make playoffs.   So we shouldn't make any shortsighted moves that hamstring our future just to pick up an extra couple of wins this season.    Besides the Warriors aren't going to be a juggernaut next season when Durant leaves.  Our next 2 seasons is the maximum of time i see Mike and Marc still being really effective.   It makes more sense to make a push then.  

11 hours ago, tjazz22 said:

Exactly. I just dont like the "guys won't sign with us" mentality. We should always go for it IMO 

It's reality. After the Grizzlies made it to the western conf. finals, the free agent signings were Mike Miller and James Johnson. It was obvious to every player in the league that the team was close to championship caliber, yet none of the top free agents were interested in going to Memphis. The team has gotten their best players from the draft and trades. Until they make it to the finals, it won't change. Nobody is or has suggested that they stop trying to sign quality healthy free agents. You always have to take a shot. It's just naïve to expect it to be that simple. The F.O. has to work every bit as hard as the players, if not harder, to get quality players. Simply waiting for free agency to roll around and having the idea that writing a check will answer all of the Grizzlies problems will never happen.

The Philadelphia 76ers held a free-agent workout this week with veteran guards Arron Afflalo, Brandon Rush and Sean Kilpatrick, along with G League Delaware’s Haywood Highsmith, per league sources on @TheAthleticNBA @WatchStadium.

https://www.libertyballers.com/2018/12/6/18129608/sixers-free-agent-workout

Afflalo, an 11-year vet, most recently played last season for the Orlando Magic, where he started only 3 of his 53 games played, while shooting 38% from beyond in limited action. He’s 33.

Rush has 9 years of NBA experience under his belt, most recently last season, when he played 47 games for the TWolves. Also 33, he’s a career 40% three-point shooter.

Kilpatrick is the youngest of the bunch, at a sprightly 28-years-old. He really made the rounds last year, playing for the Raptors, Nets, Bucks, Clippers and Bulls throughout the 2017-2018 season.

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

The Philadelphia 76ers held a free-agent workout this week with veteran guards Arron Afflalo, Brandon Rush and Sean Kilpatrick, along with G League Delaware’s Haywood Highsmith, per league sources on @TheAthleticNBA @WatchStadium.

Afflalo, an 11-year vet, most recently played last season for the Orlando Magic, where he started only 3 of his 53 games played, while shooting 38% from beyond in limited action. He’s 33.

Rush has 9 years of NBA experience under his belt, most recently last season, when he played 47 games for the TWolves. Also 33, he’s a career 40% three-point shooter.

Kilpatrick is the youngest of the bunch, at a sprightly 28-years-old. He really made the rounds last year, playing for the Raptors, Nets, Bucks, Clippers and Bulls throughout the 2017-2018 season.

Good info GTF. Kind of ticks me off though. I can't help but to think why our F.O. didn't do this. Philly is clearly thinking ahead.

Im all in for getting Hardaway, just dont want give up MC, 3Js, Gasol, Jam, SlowMo, Dillon, Carter, Yuta or Noah.

MC/Carter

Hardaway/Dillon

SlowMo/Yuta

3Js/Jam

Gasol/Noah

IMO, Hardaway would be a bad trade. His trade value is the highest in his career now that he's averaging 22 ppg. The Knicks are 12th in the league averaging 91 field goal attempts per game. The Grizzlies are last at 83.5 fga per game. Our leaders in fga per game are Mike at 16.7, Marc at 13.4, and JJJ at 10 per game. Hardaway averages 17.8 fga per game and has a 39.8 fg%. He would be lucky to average 14 ppg with the Grizzlies and would look like a terrible trade when the dust settles. Knicks would be smart to trade him now before Porzingis comes back and Hardaway's numbers go back to normal. Point is the Grizzlies need to find a guy that we can get for less, buy low sell high type of thing. Knicks would have too much leverage right now.

20 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

IMO, Hardaway would be a bad trade. His trade value is the highest in his career now that he's averaging 22 ppg. The Knicks are 12th in the league averaging 91 field goal attempts per game. The Grizzlies are last at 83.5 fga per game. Our leaders in fga per game are Mike at 16.7, Marc at 13.4, and JJJ at 10 per game. Hardaway averages 17.8 fga per game and has a 39.8 fg%. He would be lucky to average 14 ppg with the Grizzlies and would look like a terrible trade when the dust settles. Knicks would be smart to trade him now before Porzingis comes back and Hardaway's numbers go back to normal. Point is the Grizzlies need to find a guy that we can get for less, buy low sell high type of thing. Knicks would have too much leverage right now.

Which player do you have in mind? 

21 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Sounds like they agree with you which is why they are kicking tires on Frank Ntilinka.  

Also reason why they didnt do what Philly is doing is simply because it's too early.

GT and Mack came out blazing which covered up the wing atrocity early on.  Then to be fair Wayne Kyle and Marshon needed time to understsnd role.  Heck Wayne still hasnt played 82 games yet. Dillon has more experience than him.  

True backup center was more of a need so understandable that was addressed first.   

Technically, we have more options available to try before making a move. 

jevon and thr 2way guys.   Patience with Marshon.  wait on Dillon.  

So hard to kill FO for not doing what Philly is.

9 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Tyler Johnson would be a good fit for our team too.  But i have no idea why they would do that deal.     

I think you said it before but it may be best just to sit tight and wait till buyout market or other teams get desperate.    Honestly I still want to JB give Jevon a chance and see what Dillon does.     Making a move may jeopardize Jevon's chance to get on the floor. 

A Jevon+ Marshon+Omri+JaM+Noah lineup could be a terror defensively and a lot of fun.    I think Marshon is beginning to turn the corner and he has been more effective on offense and defense the last few games.   His shot creation ability has been important off the bench.   

Keeping it real - our max goal this season should be to develop Jaren and make playoffs.   So we shouldn't make any shortsighted moves that hamstring our future just to pick up an extra couple of wins this season.    Besides the Warriors aren't going to be a juggernaut next season when Durant leaves.  Our next 2 seasons is the maximum of time i see Mike and Marc still being really effective.   It makes more sense to make a push then.  

Totally agree about our goals for the season, and our cap flexability.

I'm not desperate like before to get rid of Parsons contract, especially if we are winning without him. But IF its possible to move that contract for someone with the same expiry, not take on more salary and is able to take the court, then that should be explored. Or for more moveable multiple contracts. The last thing I want the FO to do right now is to take on some contract like Love, Whiteside, Batum where the cap burden becomes extended. The GSW thing, as you point out is not gonna last much beyond this year. 

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Sounds like they agree with you which is why they are kicking tires on Frank Ntilinka.  

Also reason why they didnt do what Philly is doing is simply because it's too early.

GT and Mack came out blazing which covered up the wing atrocity early on.  Then to be fair Wayne Kyle and Marshon needed time to understsnd role.  Heck Wayne still hasnt played 82 games yet. Dillon has more experience than him.  

True backup center was more of a need so understandable that was addressed first.   

Technically, we have more options available to try before making a move. 

jevon and thr 2way guys.   Patience with Marshon.  wait on Dillon.  

So hard to kill FO for not doing what Philly is.

I think they are kicking tyres on Frank N, because of Mack's return to the mean or below, and Carter is not ready to pick up the slack.

Temple is an expiring so I get the temptation to look at moving that, but Garrett has done good things in almost every game, even when he hasn't done much - a good example was nailing that 3 to cement our lead against the Clippers when he was missing all game. Then there is his D, and his presence on and off the court  Temple can be resigned for less next year without the worry about rival offers and if so, there's no urgency in moving him

22 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

Which player do you have in mind? 

McBuckets. McDermott is averaging only 17 mpg with Indy (9th on the team). Indy is moving towards being more defensive minded under McMillan and I believe he might be had with a low ball offer. Now that Noah is on the team, we are much more defensively sound with our second unit. We can more easily hide a poor defender that is a very good shooter. His contract isn't that bad; 7 mil per year. Indy could be a good landing place for Seldon, who is a player I believe McMillan would like. Having a very good shooter such as McDermott IMO would have a big impact.

4 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

These players are all bad.

4 hours ago, Father Pat said:

McBuckets. McDermott is averaging only 17 mpg with Indy (9th on the team). Indy is moving towards being more defensive minded under McMillan and I believe he might be had with a low ball offer. Now that Noah is on the team, we are much more defensively sound with our second unit. We can more easily hide a poor defender that is a very good shooter. His contract isn't that bad; 7 mil per year. Indy could be a good landing place for Seldon, who is a player I believe McMillan would like. Having a very good shooter such as McDermott IMO would have a big impact.

i like this idea ! 

15 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

i like this idea ! 

Down side is that we'd probably have to trade Temple to make salaries match. Indy can take on more salary though so it could clear more cap room for the Grizzlies. Temple is on a 1 yr deal, McDermott is on a 3 yr deal, so we're probably losing Temple anyway. Still could work when Dillon comes back (Temple's playing time)

Just now, Father Pat said:

Down side is that we'd probably have to trade Temple to make salaries match. Indy can take on more salary though so it could clear more cap room for the Grizzlies. Temple is on a 1 yr deal, McDermott is on a 3 yr deal, so we're probably losing Temple anyway.

with oldipo banged up it could be a nice time to get a nice little  return imo , ind would be loaded up with capspace too .

Who are gonna trade to the Knicks for Hardaway or Nitilinka? We have no young players they want except for JJJ and maybe Dillion and we are not going to trade them away. And we are not going to trade any more future 1st. Our only tradable assets are Green and Temple and only playoff contenders would be interested to trade for them. I would keep an eye on the Fultz situation in Philly and see if we can get him.

We're not going to make any major trades this season unless:

a) We give away picks (and we better not even think about giving away 1st round picks.)

b) Someone gets truly desperate.

Washington probably wants to blow up all or part of a dysfunctional team in the near future, but they're in no hurry to do so until the trade deadline, and the only reason they may be in a hurry is to duck under the tax line, which won't require dropping Wall, Beal or Porter. They're not going to dump anybody relevant for flotsam and a couple of 2nd round picks. For reference, see the haul Minny got for Butler even though he was publicly berating the team and demanding a trade.

Just now, fanboyslim said:

We're not going to make any major trades this season unless:

a) We give away picks (and we better not even think about giving away 1st round picks.)

b) Someone gets truly desperate.

Washington probably wants to blow up all or part of a dysfunctional team in the near future, but they're in no hurry to do so until the trade deadline, and the only reason they may be in a hurry is to duck under the tax line, which won't require dropping Wall, Beal or Porter. They're not going to dump anybody relevant for flotsam and a couple of 2nd round picks. For reference, see the haul Minny got for Butler even though he was publicly berating the team and demanding a trade.

someone always gets desperate .

Indy is around 17 mil under the luxury tax. I don't know if they want cap space for their guys to be resigned or looking ahead to free agency, or both. Bogdonovic at SF is killing it from the field (50.5% from 3), that's why I thought McDermott, who plays the same position, might be expendable. McBuckets has 2 more years after this season on his contract. They might want an expiring.

46 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Indy is around 17 mil under the luxury tax. I don't know if they want cap space for their guys to be resigned or looking ahead to free agency, or both. Bogdonovic at SF is killing it from the field (50.5% from 3), that's why I thought McDermott, who plays the same position, might be expendable. McBuckets has 2 more years after this season on his contract. They might want an expiring.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/indiana-pacers/cap/2019/