12 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Next move has to be for present and future.  IE like SloMo is only 24y and is good enough to contribute now and when Jaren is given keys. 

Who could be that guy of realistic gettable players? 

Markelle Fultz 20y

Tim Hardaway Jr 26y

Andrew Wiggins 23y

Stanley Johnson 22y

Frank Nitikilina 20y

Dion Waiters 26y

Tim Hardaway out of this group

7 minutes ago, tjazz22 said:

Tim Hardaway out of this group

Yea i think he is gettable and would be able to help right away.  

But i have been doing some minor Frank N research and now i see why Grizz expressed interest in him.

He is a defensive minded solid BBIQ pass first 6'6' w/7'1 wingspan PG.   He would be pretty good pairing at the 2 and could possibly develop into a good complimentary scorer.    Doubt we have the assets to get him but i would be good if we managed to snag him or Tim Hardaway. 

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

But i have been doing some minor Frank N research and now i see why Grizz expressed interest in him.

He is a defensive minded solid BBIQ pass first 6'6' w/7'1 wingspan PG.   He would be pretty good pairing at the 2 and could possibly develop into a good complimentary scorer.    Doubt we have the assets to get him but i would be good if we managed to snag him or Tim Hardaway. 

Dam I was at the NYK game and didn't realize he was that tall. I wouldn't mind him, but Hardaway fills or need PERFECTLY.

2 minutes ago, tjazz22 said:

Dam I was at the NYK game and didn't realize he was that tall. I wouldn't mind him, but Hardaway fills or need PERFECTLY.

I didn't either.    Yea Hardaway is miscast there as an alpha but would be great here back as a #3or 4 option behind Mike and Jaren.    we would have to move Temple and JaM to afford.

Stanley JOhnson has under performed but he's only 22 and i think he's going to improve ,  maybe a fringe starter you can use when ya need some tough D

57 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Next move has to be for present and future.  IE like SloMo is only 24y and is good enough to contribute now and when Jaren is given keys. 

Who could be that guy of realistic gettable players? 

Markelle Fultz 20y

Tim Hardaway Jr 26y

Andrew Wiggins 23y

Stanley Johnson 22y

Frank Nitikilina 20y

Dion Waiters 26y

I would take a wait and see approach with the Fultz situation. He has the lowest trade value among all in the group. But if he pans out he is going to be another major piece to add next to JJJ.  Nitikilina has zero offense and his D is overrated. He ain’t no PG too. If he is any good the Knicks would keep him. Hardaway is a good fit but don’t think we have what it takes to get him.

Here's a thought:

No more roster moves this season, salary drops off the books, the FO have a crack in FA at getting Derrick Rose to come, if not JaM, Garrett will still be available

5 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I didn't either.    Yea Hardaway is miscast there as an alpha but would be great here back as a #3or 4 option behind Mike and Jaren.    we would have to move Temple and JaM to afford.

As for SG. Beal is my ideal target. But Hardaway is the more realistic target. We need a scorer and i think he would prosper in our culture

I'd like to try to get Stanley Johnson in free agency next year, he is restricted, but they'll be up against the cap pretty hard. Derrick Rose would be a nice target as well, either as the backup PG, or as a SG with Mike as the PG. They'd obviously be a pretty small back court. 

As for Hardaway, he would be great, but unless we trade JaM and Temple, there's no real way to get him. He is a good player for them on a decent contract, and is a piece moving forward. Now they could have two max spots without him (since JaM and Temple are expiring). I'm sure it would take some draft capital to get him.

I know we've talked about JR Smith before here, but now that they have Alex Burks (who I doubt they see as a long term piece), maybe we could trade Parsons + Selden + a 2nd round pick or two for JR Smith and Burks. Gives them a young player to work with, plus some draft capital. Not like they are going to be winning anytime soon.

Smith and Burks are better bench players than Marshon and Selden. Plus Smith is only guaranteed for 3.5 million next year. All this can't happen until January 28th, since Burks was recently traded. 

JR is finito. But Burks might be nice if he's actually healthy. Go head n add guys like Bazemore, Bogdanovic(the sacramento one), Fournier, Lamb and maybe Clarkson ‎to that list of realistic options too. Clearly we need another backcourt threat out there n we should be able to get one of them atleast. Probably won't make another move until the deadline tho.

When Dillon Brooks returns a lot of these issues will be resolved. 

4 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

When Dillon Brooks returns a lot of these issues will be resolved. 

I hope so ...

I may be alone on this one BUT in the first few games he had prior to getting injured - he looked like he was forcing the issue a few times too many.

I hope he can come back and settle into a nice groove. We already know what he is capable of ... 

4 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I know we've talked about JR Smith before here, but now that they have Alex Burks (who I doubt they see as a long term piece), maybe we could trade Parsons + Selden + a 2nd round pick or two for JR Smith and Burks. Gives them a young player to work with, plus some draft capital. Not like they are going to be winning anytime soon.

Smith and Burks are better bench players than Marshon and Selden. Plus Smith is only guaranteed for 3.5 million next year. All this can't happen until January 28th, since Burks was recently traded. 

Yeah I could dig this trade even if Smith is finito, because so is Parsons

The Grizz are said to be interested in Ntilikina.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-news-at-least-4-teams-have-shown-interest-knicks-guard-frank-ntilikina-suns-timbewolves-magic-grizzlies/qeyzsj58pq701mp72ousw8kte

I think the best we could do would be Green/Dillon/Temple/Rabb for Frank Ntilikina/Courtney Lee/Luke Kornett.

The new line-up would be:

Conley/Mack/Carter
Lee/Ntilikina/Selden/MarShonBrooks/Stephens
KyleAnderson/Parsons
JarenJackson/Casspi/Watanabe
Gasol/Noah/Kornet

I'm a big fan. Lee and Temple are a wash. Ntilikina takes over in two years. Opens up minutes for Casspi and Yuta. Kornet reminds me of Thon Maker.

I fear the Knicks wouldn't do it.

35 minutes ago, Plop Plop Griz Griz said:

The Grizz are said to be interested in Ntilikina.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-news-at-least-4-teams-have-shown-interest-knicks-guard-frank-ntilikina-suns-timbewolves-magic-grizzlies/qeyzsj58pq701mp72ousw8kte

I think the best we could do would be Green/Dillon/Temple/Rabb for Frank Ntilikina/Courtney Lee/Luke Kornett.

The new line-up would be:

Conley/Mack/Carter
Lee/Ntilikina/Selden/MarShonBrooks/Stephens
KyleAnderson/Parsons
JarenJackson/Casspi/Watanabe
Gasol/Noah/Kornet

I'm a big fan. Lee and Temple are a wash. Ntilikina takes over in two years. Opens up minutes for Casspi and Yuta. Kornet reminds me of Thon Maker.

I fear the Knicks wouldn't do it.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

This is the kind of reasonable trade the we should be looking at and not some of the more absurd ones listed here. Though I still don't think Cleveland would pull the trigger on this.

On 12/1/2018 at 7:43 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:

I am for drafting or trading for any player who is offensively inept.  Frank N is horrible offensively.  I would rather get someone on the other side of the spectrum.  We need more offense not less.

35 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

I am for drafting or trading for any player who is offensively inept.  Frank N is horrible offensively.  I would rather get someone on the other side of the spectrum.  We need more offense not less.

We need someone that can slash.   That is what we are missing the most.   Conley and Jaren are the only two that can drive to the hoop off the bounce with any kind of burst.  

A guy like Jonathan Simmons would've been a good fit for this team.   This is where Tyreke is missed and what we were hoping Marshon and Wayne could do.    

Because right now if we can't post up a big then we pretty much just jack up 3s.   If we slashing its off of a turnover.  We have no real in-between game.    No one that can generate fouls.   i do not know if Frank can do that but he has the ball handling ability and youth to develop into that.     Frank N wouldn't be a today solution - i look at him as a player to grow with Jaren. 

56 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Agreed.

Also, I would stay far away from Wiggins. We are just asking for it if he's acquired. We will never get value out of him based on the contract he has. Even if he becomes a tad bit more efficient (highly unlikely), we still won't. Stay far away from poison pill contracts and let's learn from our past mistakes. 

Fultz is gettable, but unless we have a definite from his doctors that his shoulder issue is fixed, I would stay away. At that point, we are paying him $8-10M just because he was a former #1 pick. Based on our medical staff history with identifying players longevity, I would stay far away from him at this point. Just speaking as a realist.

THJ would make the most sense IF the Knicks are looking to clear up some capspace. May require us to deal JAM and Temple. I think its worth it, although we lose the rebounding from JAM. THJ has been producing this year and his value actually may have increased since the start of the season. It probably would've benefited us to make a deal like that prior to the season starting.

Feel the same way about Waiters as I do Fultz. Foot related injury, but I would rather not take on a guy that's coming off a major injury/surgery. We should have some sort of policy to not even target these type of guys solely based on our history as a franchise and injuries. 

Courtney Lee would be nice to have back. I also wouldn't mind if we are able to snag Ellington away from the Heat. 

22 minutes ago, BHZMAFIA said:

Agreed.

Also, I would stay far away from Wiggins. We are just asking for it if he's acquired. We will never get value out of him based on the contract he has. Even if he becomes a tad bit more efficient (highly unlikely), we still won't. Stay far away from poison pill contracts and let's learn from our past mistakes. 

Fultz is gettable, but unless we have a definite from his doctors that his shoulder issue is fixed, I would stay away. At that point, we are paying him $8-10M just because he was a former #1 pick. Based on our medical staff history with identifying players longevity, I would stay far away from him at this point. Just speaking as a realist.

THJ would make the most sense IF the Knicks are looking to clear up some capspace. May require us to deal JAM and Temple. I think its worth it, although we lose the rebounding from JAM. THJ has been producing this year and his value actually may have increased since the start of the season. It probably would've benefited us to make a deal like that prior to the season starting.

Feel the same way about Waiters as I do Fultz. Foot related injury, but I would rather not take on a guy that's coming off a major injury/surgery. We should have some sort of policy to not even target these type of guys solely based on our history as a franchise and injuries. 

Courtney Lee would be nice to have back. I also wouldn't mind if we are able to snag Ellington away from the Heat. 

I understand where ya'll coming from.  I just see it as 2fold.   If FO doesn't care about this season and looking towards future i can understand gambling on Fultz or Frank.    They obviously will not be immediate help. 

IF FO looking to move off Parsons deal and get some help for this season then Wiggins and Bazemore are the only options.    Wiggins is the upside pick of course but he is super expensive.   He has all the tools but none of the heart (sounds familiar).  Bazemore has much more heart but much less skill.  He is basically a more expensive Garret Temple.  

What we need are guys that hover around  at least 13FGA per game and can create their own shot plus are still relatively young.   Only dudes i see like that are Tim Hardaway Jr (26y) and Dion Waiters (26y).    

Not interested in Courtney or Wayne because they are both just spot up shooters that aren't naturally aggressive scorers.    Crazy thing is of the old retreads Bayless would be a better fit due to his ball-handling and dynamic scoring ability than those two.  He paired really well with Mike.  In today's perimeter dominated game Bayless would be a better fit than he was then.  

The thing is this group is not going anywhere.  We do not want to be like New Orleans with Anthony Davis.  We want to peak in 5-7 seasons with Jaren.  We need to be building up assets to do so and need to have a clear vision of what type of team we want to put around him.  Trying to compete now is just silliness.  Letting this last little rebuilt value of Mike and Marc to go without milking it will hurt also.

We should be maintaining cap flexibility and acquiring 1st round picks if possible while identifying bargains that we can lock up for cheap.