Sign in to follow this  
Ndq0327

Motivation For Game 4 Bomani Jones

So apparently last night Bomani Jones decided to dis the Grizzlies and go as far as to bring up ZBos bad boy days in Portland. He even talked about Stoudamires arrest, his Portland days. I will put the tweets up so we can discuss the complete hate and lack of respect these media people show towards our team.

@bomani_jones: it is AMAZING to consider that a team has built its public image around the personalities of zach randolph and timberland tony allen.

@bomani_jones: i’m sure i’ve tweeted that before. but seriously. it’s often hard to believe the grizzle exists.

@bomani_jones: THIS REALLY HAPPENED ON TV ONCE RT @jhawkins826: http://twitter.com/jhawkins826/status/597209122791120896/photo/1

@bomani_jones: THE MAN HAD A PICTURE OF LARRY HOOVER UP ON HIS WALL AND INVITED MTV INTO HIS HOME! he was before the gods gave us emojis.

@bomani_jones: now, he’s the centerpiece of a fairly well-liked nba franchise. and it’s liked because of z-bo. that is mind-blowing.

Bless you, Bomani Jones, you of the private college education and double master degree in business and economics. I'm sure you, with your harsh life experience growing in the slums of Waller, TX, are the one to judge.

Thank God you're here to warn us about the bad apples amidst our own. Just like you did in this scathing piece about a convicted cop and woman beater at the center of a music industry empire: http://www.bomanijones.com/dr-dres-buried-treasure-detox/

Oh wait, no, Dr. Dre is glamorous and brings viewers to your website, so I guess his past is OK then.

Ehhh, he's just a talking head trying to kick up some dust and get recognized with the hopes people from Memphis will tweet him and go back and forth. If you read the entire series of tweets, he's basically just saying how amazed he is at the turnaround, specifically Z-Bo's turnaround because he remembers how much of a knucklehead Z-Bo used to be. The last tweet says it all.

Means nothing to me. People should tweet him and ask him has anyone given him a second chance, if yes, then he should shut up and keep it moving. Most of the players in the NBA are closer to the old Z-Bo than the NBA would like for its fans to believe. 

Given the big market bias of ESPN, I find it hard to make myself believe sometimes that some ESPNers like to trash on Memphis because it is somehow sporting (pun intended) to beat Memphis down.  Entertaining, even.  And yet, teams that face our Grit n' Grind and national media darlings that face being potentially eliminated by us tend to bring out the nasty in the cub reporters who fear they will have one less thing to talk about in a few days.

I haven't heard that from Golden State media quite yet.  They are still under the notion that their championship is simply predetermined this year.  Let's see what happens if we win Game 4.

I don't think Bomani meant disrespect. I think he is expressing the fact that if you went back 10 years and predicted Randolph would be the beloved cornerstone of a franchise, people would think you were crazy. At least that is how I took it. Bomani isn't the type.

I mean, just look at the garbage the guy who started The Big Lead was spewing last night

What an awful development for the NBA. Most fun team, most exciting young player ... Getting trucked in Memphis. NBA needs Warriors-Cavs

Almost sick to my stomach at the idea of Golden State bounced. Memphis is solid, Gasol unstoppable, but not must-watch TV. Warriors please

I mean, just look at the garbage the guy who started The Big Lead was spewing last night

What an awful development for the NBA. Most fun team, most exciting young player ... Getting trucked in Memphis. NBA needs Warriors-Cavs

Almost sick to my stomach at the idea of Golden State bounced. Memphis is solid, Gasol unstoppable, but not must-watch TV. Warriors please

First tweet is on point.  The NBA is having a nightmare with all the lower seeds up 2-1 (wait LeBron just hit a game winning buzzer beater

They're right, to a point. Nobody wants to watch the Grizz, except us of course. lol

No demand, I guess.

In fact, when I'm in the 'NBA' store here in Manila. There's no Grizz gear.

And during these playoffs, they finally had a Grizzlies shirt. But theres only 1 variant, and its not that great.

They are selling more variants of T'wolves gear than Grizz gear. :rolleyes:

Even up to this day, I'm amazed on how the FO made Z-Bo a beloved cornerstone of a franchise.

Dude was messed up before coming here.

Now if only we can draft the right guys... lol

As someone else stated, who is this guy? 

And why should I care what he says?

Oh wait, I don't care.  Okay.....moving on.

That is not true. Plenty of NBA fans like watching the Grizzlies.

X - you are right! Real NBA fans will appreciate it but that said I would think the "non fan" that gets their fix through ESPN and only watch a game here and there is who the NBA is trying to attract

Anyway us vs errrrrbody - lets do this

Yeah I've said this for awhile - the Grizz are actually pervasively loved. I just wish the NBA would take notice so we could stop getting jobbed by refs.

I don't think Bomani meant disrespect. I think he is expressing the fact that if you went back 10 years and predicted Randolph would be the beloved cornerstone of a franchise, people would think you were crazy. At least that is how I took it. Bomani isn't the type.

Ditto. I listened to his interview with Garry Parrish. If I'm not mistaken he said he loved him some Memphis. And he just sounded surprised at how "errbody" just loved this team here. And how much the team resonates with the city. I found out TA Is the spokesperson for the airport. Lol. I didn't know that.

the last thing i ever want to do is to take up for B.jones...so i wont...but, it was not too long ago that the UofM was selling out every game...way more folks were following the tigers than the grizz...i have been a season ticket holder for 14 years...many of them were accompanied with empty seats all over the place...even the first round playoffs werent true sellouts till the end...BUT the turn around really did happen when ZBO showed up...and this is not the same zbo that was in portland, ny and la...he said it best after bouncing the spurs a few years ago...this is a blue collar town and he is a blue collar guy...nothing has ever been given to the people of memphis and nothing has ever been given to zach...

memphis v. errrrbody....who cares what "they" say or think...

go grizz

the last thing i ever want to do is to take up for B.jones...so i wont...but, it was not too long ago that the UofM was selling out every game...way more folks were following the tigers than the grizz...i have been a season ticket holder for 14 years...many of them were accompanied with empty seats all over the place...even the first round playoffs werent true sellouts till the end...BUT the turn around really did happen when ZBO showed up...and this is not the same zbo that was in portland, ny and la...he said it best after bouncing the spurs a few years ago...this is a blue collar town and he is a blue collar guy...nothing has ever been given to the people of memphis and nothing has ever been given to zach...

memphis v. errrrbody....who cares what "they" say or think...

go grizz

That was a beautiful moment that encapsulated the love of Memphis for this team.

As someone else stated, who is this guy? 

And why should I care what he says?

Oh wait, I don't care.  Okay.....moving on.

well said 

In Bomani's defense both Zbo and Tony are well known gang bangers.

If they are "well known gang bangers" than why haven't they been implicated in any organized crime/been brought up on RICO charges? SMH, the more things change, the more they stay the same. 

Because they are protected. A lot of athletes are in gangs. Zbo is a GD and Allen is a Vice Lord