Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

Game 4 Is The Real Test - We'll See In Game 4 If The Grizzlies Can Really Put This Team Away

Agreed, great win tonight but they gotta keep it up. A loss monday and this win won't mean much.

It's just a fact. Plus, I kinda feel that the refs are going to be extra bias towards the warriors in the early going. The nba knows how crutial this game is to the warriors so I expect a lot of ref adversity. 

It's gonna be a lot of ref adversity. I saw it in the 4th quarter of game 3. Just like when OKC was down 2-1...but we gotta when the next one because it'll be tough going back to Oakland 2-2. We got this! Go Grizz!!!

We've been against tougher teams. Steve Kerr kept talking about getting into an offensive flow the next game but this isn't the regular season. We've obviously taken them out of their comfort zone and their ability to play smooth like in the regular season. Curry and Thompson are very skilled but soft. Our offense needs to get better this game. They haven't been making the shots they normally make so it could be a case of us dodging a bullet and Game 4 might be the game where they get hot. We also need an answer to them double teaming the low post.

Most of the time the grizzlies usually give home court back to teams like golden state

I couldn't agree with you more KevinB.

This is exactly when we take our foot off the brakes and give it gas......and lose control.

Because the Grizz do it backward.(see what I did there?)

Not too high.

Not too low.

Focus on the next game and the next game only.

It's gonna be a lot of ref adversity. I saw it in the 4th quarter of game 3. Just like when OKC was down 2-1...but we gotta when the next one because it'll be tough going back to Oakland 2-2. We got this! Go Grizz!!!

Yeah after the 4th qtr more worried about the refs than GS.

I don't feel like the grizzlies will win another game in roaracle, so the grizzlies HAVE to make sure they close this team out. The grizzlies have been on the doorstep so many times in the past with OKC last year and back in 2011.

It's time to really seize the advantage.

Most of the time the grizzlies usually give home court back to teams like golden state

Just curious but when have the Grizzlies given back home court to a team like the Warriors?

Just curious but when have the Grizzlies given back home court to a team like the Warriors?

In 2011 and 2014 vs the Thunder.  Both times we had a 2-1 series lead going into Game 4 and lost.  In both series we lost in Game 7.

If we win tomorrow, I'm very confident we win the series.  If we lose tomorrow, I think it's more probable than not that history repeats itself and we lose the series. 

I really don't want to have to steal another game in Golden State to win the series. 

In 2011 and 2014 vs the Thunder.  Both times we had a 2-1 series lead going into Game 4 and lost.  In both series we lost in Game 7.

If we win tomorrow, I'm very confident we win the series.  If we lose tomorrow, I think it's more probable than not that history repeats itself and we lose the series. 

I really don't want to have to steal another game in Golden State to win the series. 

This is right. The grizzlies HAVE to win tomorrow otherwise we are probably looking at a 7 game series and sent home. The grizzlies win tomorrow and we are looking at possibly winning the series in 5 games if the warriors get shellshocked, or more likely winning it in 6.

The grizzlies have to keep the pressure on the warriors.

Win tomorrow night, you create breathing room. Simple as that.

Lose tomorrow night, it's a best of 3 series with two games in Oakland.

I'd rather have the first scenario.

And if the Grizz do win game 4, does that then make game 5 the "really-real" test? (on the road and all)

No. It doesn't.

If we win Game 3, I think it's VERY possible we close out in 5 games.

If we lose Game 3, all the momentum we have gained is gone. That makes it a lot harder to win on the road. I'm not a pessimistic fan, but I am a realist.

And the statistics show that teams up 2-1 win the series approximately 80% of the time. When the Grizzlies have been up 2-1 as the road team, we have won the series 33% of the time.

KBM has a point. Game 4 is the real test. I believe in our team, but you can't discount our history.

Game 4 is the real test. For the Grizzlies and historically. If we lose, game 2 and 3 don't matter.

If we go up 3-1, only 8 teams ever have overcome that deficit, and momentum is on our side.

I agree with KBM. Game 4 will show a lot. Its kinda similar to what the Grizz did against Portland by going up 3-0 in the series against Portland. They showed me a lot by simply doing that because I was thinking they would get comfortable being up 2-0. I'm hoping they take care of business tomorrow night and gain a comfortable 3-1 lead.

My hunch is that if we manage to win tonight, it will be against a lot of adversity. I predict that the refs will call it close from the beginning, and that will open up a lot for the Ws.  Even if they do call it consistently, I believe it will be done in a way that steers the style and flow of the game toward Golden State.

If one of our bigs gets in early foul trouble and/or if the style manages to get one or both of their shooters hot near the start of the game, it will be a lot to overcome.

But I believe we can do it. All heart, grit, grind.

This is a must win game, for the grizzlies, if we let golden state get home court back we probably lose the series, just like Chicago and Cleveland, the bulls are probably finished now, going up 3-1 on a team is huge.

TA is eating some Alpha-bits cereal for breakfast.

Strangely enough his box only contains the letter D and the number 1.

So much has been said about how great this GSW team is...but i was thinking, are they REALLY that much better than the OKC teams we have battled over the last few years? KD, Russ, Serge, even Perk and their bench...we didnt always beat them but those playoff series were always classics...and for us to come into this series and no one but us gave us a chance...

do you even think this gsw team could have beaten okc if they had been healthy?...just wondering

go grizz

This is a must win game, for the grizzlies, if we let golden state get home court back we probably lose the series, just like Chicago and Cleveland, the bulls are probably finished now, going up 3-1 on a team is huge.

It's actually more of a must win game for the Warriors. If they lose they would have to win 3 straight games. If we lose we only have to win 2 out of 3. Still everyone wants to avoid Game 7 in Oakland.

good point, and to be honest, I'm not even 100% sure I can say with total honesty that I gave us a chance to win the series. I underestimated my team. I must have bought into the hype too.

Agreed, great win tonight but they gotta keep it up. A loss monday and this win won't mean much.

Really? A 2-2 tie "won't mean much"? 2-2 seems way better to me than a 1-3 deficit.