Sign in to follow this  
SixthMan

Grizzlies & Warriors - 5/9/2015

I fail to see how you think I said something considered to be a smart-aleck post. I never said that the elite players don't get the benefit of the doubt sometimes. Read my post. There is no conspiracy by the NBA to advance any team in the playoffs. There are many reasons, other than star treatment, for foul discrepancy totals. Tim Donaghy was one referee who influenced calls to manipulate betting lines. The NBA was not involved in his actions, and his actions had nothing to do with advancing teams in the playoffs. You stated the the NBA wanted the Warriors to advance. You haven't proven anything other the one team got more foul calls than the other. Show me where the NBA is instructing their officials to favor certain teams and players.

You know, oldman, I have occasionally made what you might call a "conspiracy" post, but I'm not really sure if I believe it myself.  But I have never forgotten a couple years ago or so when a red hot Grizzlies team was hosting an NBA favored, Kobe led, but fading LA Lakers team whose playoff aspirations were in jeopardy due to the losing skid they were in at the time.  The Grizzlies immediately punched them in the mouth and climbed out to a big lead, until the whistles started blowing, but only on one end of the floor.  When the game ended in double overtime the Grizzlies had put up a franchise record number of shot attempts, a large number of them in the paint as usual, yet there were only two shooting fouls (3 FTs) for the good guys while Ken Mauer and company ensured the Lakers paraded to the free throw line at a rate of about 12 to 1 (about 35 or so) to win the game.  I just can't buy that, especially when I was watching it.  Whether it was a conscious, deliberate action, I don't know, but even Mike Heisley was mad enough to say something.

Not a good thing imo, he's pretty classless and needs to calm down. I hate how he receives praise from Grizz fans for his moronic behavior. The team needs him to play good defense without all the silly antics such as laying on the ground and yelling "furce tame aw dafanse." He's easily my least favorite player on the squad.

Serious? When he yelled first team all defense from the ground I almost died laughing. That play was amazing too.

When he gets chatty clearly he gets more focused and almost becomes a wild animal on defense, in a good way. He was sliding all over the floor and diving for steals man no one else does that and Klay was ****ting himself.

Now his missed layups and all that junk are moronic but TA is never going to change and be all mature like you want but quite frankly I think the wildness makes him a better defender which is what we need. Also when he gets excited he dunks it instead of stupid missed layups.

I don't know if T.A's trash talking goes hand-in-hand with his bone-headed plays, obviously if he fires himself up with the talk it is harmless. Problem is when he becomes his own hypeman he starts to get "too" outta control and makes ridiculous decisions. 

The "alley-hoop" he tried to throw to JGreen in the middle of the 4th Q was an important possession, one that luckily did not come back to bite us last game, but still he needs to keep himself under control and make smart decisions with the ball. No point making a steal to give it back with a missed layup or bad turnover because the talking has him on edge.

When he starts flexing and parading around like a peacock he tends to hold on to the ball too long and tries to do too much.  

The team needs him to play good defense without all the silly antics such as laying on the ground

He was on the ground because of an amazing steal. I'll agree he shouldn't have stayed on the floor as long though.

"furce tame aw dafanse."

WTF?  It didn't sound like that to me while watching the game.  And if he wants to take pride in his defensive game, let him.  He's freaking earned it.

We forced them to play our game, stole one and made it a series. Klay and Curry are still deadly though.

We need to continue to play Grizzly style and protect home court. Most importantly,don't get cocky! No lead is safe against these guys!

Well said!  Also, Grizz must  close out on Warriors 3 Ball SHOOTERS. Warriors average about 25 or more TRYS  at 'em a game.

Not a good thing imo, he's pretty classless and needs to calm down. I hate how he receives praise from Grizz fans for his moronic behavior. The team needs him to play good defense without all the silly antics such as laying on the ground and yelling "furce tame aw dafanse." He's easily my least favorite player on the squad.

will-troll.gif

I don't know if T.A's trash talking goes hand-in-hand with his bone-headed plays, obviously if he fires himself up with the talk it is harmless. Problem is when he becomes his own hypeman he starts to get "too" outta control and makes ridiculous decisions. 

The "alley-hoop" he tried to throw to JGreen in the middle of the 4th Q was an important possession, one that luckily did not come back to bite us last game, but still he needs to keep himself under control and make smart decisions with the ball. No point making a steal to give it back with a missed layup or bad turnover because the talking has him on edge.

When he starts flexing and parading around like a peacock he tends to hold on to the ball too long and tries to do too much.  

T.A. is  CRAZY; but vital to Grizz GRIT& GRIND success.

I normally have a serious problem with guys that are show offy (why I hate Westbrook so much); but with TA not so much and here's why: He's crazy.  As long as he is content and focused in the right direction, he is a very valuable weapon.  A crazy dude is kind of scary, because they are unpredictable.

I think he has Klay Thompson spooked right now; and I hope he gets plenty of time defending Steph Curry.  In my opinion, the crazier he acts, the more it benefits us.  Golden State is a smooth, lights out shooting, rhythm team.  What better way to totally disrupt their rhythm, then to throw TA at them.

Heck, I think he walked through the kids dance routine on purpose.  Show Golden State what kind of zone (trance) he is in.  If he's not crazy, he's a genius for acting like he is.

I normally have a serious problem with guys that are show offy (why I hate Westbrook so much); but with TA not so much and here's why: He's crazy.  As long as he is content and focused in the right direction, he is a very valuable weapon.  A crazy dude is kind of scary, because they are unpredictable.

I think he has Klay Thompson spooked right now; and I hope he gets plenty of time defending Steph Curry.  In my opinion, the crazier he acts, the more it benefits us.  Golden State is a smooth, lights out shooting, rhythm team.  What better way to totally disrupt their rhythm, then to throw TA at them.

Heck, I think he walked through the kids dance routine on purpose.  Show Golden State what kind of zone (trance) he is in.  If he's not crazy, he's a genius for acting like he is.

I agree with this. It's kind of hard to explain because it sounds like homerism, but TA really is nuts.

As for Klay, the beginning of the game is so important. He is going to come out and if he see's his shots fall, then he will believe that last game was a fluke and Tony can't guard him. If he misses his first few shots, then he is in for a long, long game.   

Why All the Hate on TA? Yes he makes some questionable plays, but with him, just like with Memphis in general, High risk, High reward. Besides, he's a top level NBA player who actually wants to play in Memphis. What you find is not a lot of the players around the league are lining up to play here. So, yeah he may miss a layup, or over throw an alley, but he will also shut down players like Durant, CP3, Klay and Steph, he's worth the occasional turnover or missed layup. He's won us more games than he's lost, so its all good if you ask me.

mic or no mic, TA is ALWAYS talking...thats just who he is...i dont think he played it up the other night just because he was wearing a mic...he does it every game...couple of years ago he shuts down Irving on the last play of the game when we were playing a close on in cleveland and he yells "first team all defense, bitc#"...he has always been this way...its just who he is and i agree with some of the other posters...i believe he motivates himself this way...TA dose not play it up for the camera...just like him walking into the circle of kids dancing the other night...he was just focused in

go grizz

Why All the Hate on TA? Yes he makes some questionable plays, but with him, just like with Memphis in general, High risk, High reward. Besides, he's a top level NBA player who actually wants to play in Memphis. What you find is not a lot of the players around the league are lining up to play here. So, yeah he may miss a layup, or over throw an alley, but he will also shut down players like Durant, CP3, Klay and Steph, he's worth the occasional turnover or missed layup. He's won us more games than he's lost, so its all good if you ask me.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-grindfathers-house-welcome-to-tony-allens-playoffs/

You take the good and the bad with TA. Overall, there's been more good than bad.

Plus, I enjoy simultaneously fuming and chuckling at the odd 4 point play he grants the opposition every now and then. 

You take the good and the bad with TA. Overall, there's been more good than bad.

Plus, I enjoy simultaneously fuming and chuckling at the odd 4 point play he grants the opposition every now and then.

I'd put up with almost anything to have a guy like TA going to battle with me.

TA is like one of those renegade cops in every cop movie who constantly breaks with protocol and always gets reprimanded by the chief because he ran over a few park benches and beat up a few too many people, but in the end he always gets the job done and nabs the bad guy.

The idea that anyone could be complaining about TA, when he is unquestionably vital to our team, is beyond retarded. We would have probably been blown out in game 2, again, without TA.

Towels look awesome. Masks, well, I guess the novelty of it is neat.

WE PLAY TOMORROW.

The idea that anyone could be complaining about TA, when he is unquestionably vital to our team, is beyond retarded. We would have probably been blown out in game 2, again, without .

Word.