Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigHunkALove

Tracking Playoff Positioning 2015

They are only 1.5 games ahead of Dallas for 7 seed and they have a brutal schedule to finish. I think it will be them. Aldridge is out for a bit and they have lost 4 straight.. Portland in Memphis game 1!

You know what, I don't know if maybe every team that has a better record wouldn't have a homecourt advantage against Portland if they were to meet them in the playoffs should their record continue to fall yet they stayed ahead of OKC.

Getting Rondo killed the Mavs.

That and Parsons getting paid killed his motivation and effort. Rondo killed Ellis and the 3 point threat mavs usually are. Dirk aging a bit didn't help either.

And losing Calderon and VC was a huge hit imo they were good for them.

That and Parsons getting paid killed his motivation and effort. Rondo killed Ellis and the 3 point threat mavs usually are. Dirk aging a bit didn't help either.

And losing Calderon and VC was a huge hit imo they were good for them.

They were playing pretty good before they got Rondo. Since Rondo has joined the Mavs they are 7-8 before he joined the team they were 37-19. That's almost 66%.

I'm usually on the side of "Spurs don't want to play us even if they feel better than us", but if I'm San Antonio I see a better match up on the Grizzlies than the Rockets. Best case scenario for the Spurs is they get Portland.

Best case scenario for us right now is Dallas on the first round and Rockets/Clippers on the second round.

Portland can do no worse than 4th (barring OKC miraculously passing them).  However, if the team seeded 5th has a better record, that team would have HCA.

I'm a solid 65% sure on that. Jello-solid on that.

Ideally, Portland passes the Rockets for 3rd, and the Rockets and Spurs sit in the 4-5 seed, along with the GSW and OKC on the other side of the bracket.

Not sure on that, and I'm not that confident anymore that the Spurs don't pass Houston.

Right now, they are 2.5 back on Houston, and playing Dallas tonight. They have made up about 3 games over the last month already.

Most importantly, they also have 2 games with Houston remaining.

I feel like if they wanted to, they could chase them down.

But I'm not sure Pop even cares about that.

Spurs are 7-12 vs current western conference playoff teams, 8-14 if you throw in New Orleans. 

I don't know why people pretend they're some sleeping giant when they've shown none of that ability this season, people giving them default credit for winning a title last year. Spurs wouldn't even be reigning champs if OKC was fully healthy last postseason 

Spurs are 7-12 vs current western conference playoff teams, 8-14 if you throw in New Orleans.

I don't know why people pretend they're some sleeping giant when they've shown none of that ability this season, people giving them default credit for winning a title last year. Spurs wouldn't even be reigning champs if OKC was fully healthy last postseason

Because they are always a sleeping giant and by far the best coached team for playoffs.

Regular season doesn't mean much, especially for spurs. Why do people bring up session records against each other when time and time again it barely matters cover playoff time.

Leonard looks even better this year. It's clear the others are coasting along till playoffs. I seriously don't know how anyone can doubt the spurs STILL. They were doubted last year with the same concerns and dominated the championship.

It's comical to doubt the spurs at this point or you have a slow learning curve.

Curry is amazing. Hate he's in the West but he's one of the only current young players I can enjoy to watch. So skilled. Best shooter ever imo.

Luckily things slow down in the playoffs so it's to be seen if they can keep up that offense

I still get pissy thinking about the fact that we could/should have drafted Curry. 

That was Tony Barone Jr's player. He wanted Curry bad. Rumor is that Wallace wanted Tyreke Evans and Heisley wanted Thabust. Tony Barone Sr said that if you draft Thabust you have to play him a minimum of 20 minutes a night. Clearly that didn't happen and the rest is history.

Still Memphis came out okay. They traded Darko for Quentin Richardson for Zach Randolph.

Just thought it should be noted; the Thunder are only 3.5 games back from 6th. They pretty much have as good a chance at facing us as they do dropping out. AND if they make the playoffs best believe Durant will give it a go. Same for Paul George and the Pacers.

I wanna see a fresh series tho, no more Thunder/Clips/Spurs. Gimme Dallas and even Houston over those 3.

Just thought it should be noted; the Thunder are only 3.5 games back from 6th. They pretty much have as good a chance at facing us as they do dropping out. AND if they make the playoffs best believe Durant will give it a go. Same for Paul George and the Pacers.

I wanna see a fresh series tho, no more Thunder/Clips/Spurs. Gimme Dallas and even Houston over those 3.

Even scarier, with the way Portland is playing, OKC could climb up and take over the Northwest Division lead. Thunder are only four games back with eleven to play, including one head to head with Portland.  Thunder as the four seed, with Portland dropping to eight?

If you go and read the spurs forums right now they want to tank to get us lol.

I'm not surprised, I was thinking that they might try this because of their record (excluding this season) against us since getting beat in the 1st rnd

Memphians are so negative and pessimistic. Grizz will be fine. This is going to be a three team race between Grizz, the Warriors and Spurs

Memphians are so negative and pessimistic. Grizz will be fine. This is going to be a three team race between Grizz, the Warriors and Spurs

History has a way of revealing truths that fans miss. :o

Seriously, I understand Patrick Beverly could miss the playoffs with torn tendons in his wrist which would really hurt Houston, OKC may be without Durant and Ibaka, Portland has already lost Mathews and could lose Aldridge and Dallas has imploded from the Rondo trade.

That leaves San Antonio (as healthy as they have been all season), Golden State (healthy), the Clippers (healthy again) and Memphis. They should be considered front runners to make it to the second round on health issues alone.