Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigHunkALove

Tracking Playoff Positioning 2015

If Memphis/Houston hold the 2/3 spot and Dallas/SA holds the 6/7, that will be it.

Well deserved for the league's most competitive division.

One whole side of the western conference playoffs could be Southwest Division teams.

If Memphis/Houston hold the 2/3 spot and Dallas/SA holds the 6/7, that will be it.

Of course, Portland and the Flops have some say in that.

Houston lost to the Utah Jass..

Fats Domino

Ain't That A Shame

watching the HOU @ LAC game, now in the 4th quarter tied at 96.  Let me be clear, I cannot stand LAC for all the reasons that we all cant stand them, but I am wanting them to beat HOU to help MEM out in the SW Division and I have decided that HOU is fast becoming as hated as LAC in my eyes.  Corey Brewer is a punk. James Harden , while extremely good, is such as actor and I just have no respect for that.  Besides Harden is also a punk. Beverley is a punk as well.

I find myself actually pulling for Chris Paul and  hoping the Clips win because Harden just gets away with so so much flailing and flopping and over-selling. Its really sickening. to watch him unless you are a Rockets fan and then Im sure he is the greatest player ever .

HOU getting every break from refs with calls/no calls all favoring the Rockets

I couldn't pull for either one of them with a rope.

I was sitting here hoping they BOTH could lose.

They have the most hateable teams in the NBA

I felt the same way but I wound up pulling for the Clips, the Grizz could use some breathing room.

LOL, agreed. 

Looks like DEN had to go an extra 2 OTs to beat the Pelicans.  That puts OKC in the 8th position now.  I must admit I was pulling for NOLA so that they can get the 8th or more truthfully so that OKC would be out.

Im afraid that if NOLA doesnt have a couple game lead on OKC by the time Durant comes back, they wont catch the Thunder and the Thunder has got some new pieces like Kantor, McGary, Waiters along with some others that make them better than they were last year when healthy--IMHO.  I think I would rather play GSW than a healthy OKC.

Minor procedure. Prob only gone miss 3-5 games

I was hoping for this standing come playoff time:

1. Warriors

2. Grizzlies

3. Portland

4. Houston

5. Spurs

6. Clippers

7. Dallas

8. NOLA

I'd rather not have to worry about the Thunder this post season. 

I want to see this playoff seeding:

1. Memphis

2. Golden State

3. Houston

4. Portland

5. L A Clippers

6. San Antonio

7. Oklahoma City

8. Dallas

I' know I am probably just dreaming but I'd still love to see it anyway.

I've started the "Tracking the Playoffs" post. Check it out here.

Hey, Carl, you've got a mistake on the Pelicans.  Their current record is 36-30; you have them listed as 35-33.

I think you had then confused with Phoenix, who have the 35-33 record.

I've posted an updated Playoff standings because of the importance of the next two games. See it here.

Apologies for a row and column being too big. Not sure the problem, but get it fixed before next post.

well after beating DAL in DAL, Grizz are still in 2nd and DAL falls to 7th and SAS moves up to 6th.  

I was happy to see this.  I do NOT want our reward for scratching and clawing and holding on to the 2nd seed to be a date with San Antonio in the first round in the 2/7 matchup. 

If it can just stay like this , that will be a good thing for the Grizz.

My goodness, OKC without Durant and Ibaka beat ATL tonight.   I really hope they dont make the playoffs. They will be a tough out for anybody the way Westbrook is playing. I would not want any part of them

Grizz tiebreaker vs each possible western playoff team:

Grizz tied 2-2 vs houston rockets with 0 games left.  Grizz own tiebreaker for now via division wins.  Grizz are 8-6 in divsion play with two games left, Houston is 5-6 with 5 games left.

Grizz lead 2-1 vs clippers with 1 game left.  Tiebreaker to be determined.  If head to head record is tied, the next tiebreaker is conference record.  Grizz 31-13 with 8 games left, Clippers 29-14 with 9 games left.

Grizz lead 4-0 vs portland to complete season sweep.  Grizz own tiebreaker if needed.

Grizz lead 2-1 vs spurs with 1 game left.  Tiebreaker goes to division recored if needed.  Grizz 8-6 with 2 games left, Spurs 4-6 with 6 games left.

Grizz lead 3-1 vs dallas with 0 games left.  Grizz own tiebreaker if needed.

Grizz lead 1-0 vs warriors with 2 games left.  Grizz won't catch warriors, so tiebreaker not needed.
Grizz lead 2-1 vs okc with 1 game left.  Tiebreaker still to be decided, but it won't matter.
Grizz lead 3-0 vs phoenix with 0 games left.  Grizz own tiebreaker, but it won't matter.
Grizz tied 1-2 vs new orleans with 1 game left.  Tiebreaker won't matter anyways.

well after beating DAL in DAL, Grizz are still in 2nd and DAL falls to 7th and SAS moves up to 6th.  

I was happy to see this.  I do NOT want our reward for scratching and clawing and holding on to the 2nd seed to be a date with San Antonio in the first round in the 2/7 matchup. 

If it can just stay like this , that will be a good thing for the Grizz.

My goodness, OKC without Durant and Ibaka beat ATL tonight.   I really hope they dont make the playoffs. They will be a tough out for anybody the way Westbrook is playing. I would not want any part of them

Actually I don't mind that OKC gets the 8th spot, they'd have a better chance of knocking off GSW than NOLA. It would be terrific to see GSW out in the 1st rnd, I'm sick of hearing about them and they are hogging games on ESPN

Id rather even play GSW than OKC imo. But I know pelicans would get destroyed by GS.

First round is gonna be tough. I've accepted that already. We aren't going to get Phoenix so it's gonna be a battle.

But I believe in Zbo this year a lot. He believes.

I hate Houston wayy more than Clippers. Cannot stand them and Harden's a joke.

Id rather even play GSW than OKC imo. But I know pelicans would get destroyed by GS.

First round is gonna be tough. I've accepted that already. We aren't going to get Phoenix so it's gonna be a battle.

But I believe in Zbo this year a lot. He believes.

I hate Houston wayy more than Clippers. Cannot stand them and Harden's a joke.

OKC have been pretty good with Kanter and Adams so a potential matchup with OKC might not be a good thing for Memphis, we'd be facing a force far more capable of neutralising the Brothers than any lineup they've fielded in the recent past confrontations. So early removal of one of these teams is imperative.

So in a 2 v 7 matchup, is the next round 3 v 6?

If so, and if we are playing well, I like our chances for WCF (fingers are tightly crossed)

we  got to hope that DAL stays in #7 spot.  Thats all there is too it.  SA just went into ATL and wiped the floor with the so called "Spurs of the East."  Note to the NBA:  Spurs are getting healthy and getting the swag back.    I want no part of them.  I am not saying we couldnt beat them. I feel the Grizz are more equipped to beat SA now than they have been since back in 2011, but as far as a  first round opponent goes, I just want no part of them. 

The other team I would not want any part of is OKC.  Dont let KD's absence fool anybody.  The Thunder are a handful.  Westbrook is not being selfish and getting tons of assists.  Enes Kanter is a load to try and handle.  When he was with UTAH before the trade and MEM went out to UTA to play the Jazz, Kanter gave Marc and Zach tons of  problems.  He can hit the 18 foot jumper and he is young and energetic under the glass.  Dion Waiters is a scoring machine.  Anthony Morrow is one of those guys who is in the league ONLY because he is pure money from behind the arc.  DJ Augustin has torched us in the past when he played for Chicago.  Sam Presti made some really amazing moves to keep this team more than relevant without KD.  I know Ibaka is out right now, but OKC has McGary and the Punk from Down Under (New Zealand)--Steven Adams in the middle. Its would just not be a good matchup to play OKC in the first round.  Again, not saying MEM couldnt win, but just dont want to go down that road. 

Just give me a first round series with DAL and that will be just fine with me. 

we  got to hope that DAL stays in #7 spot.  Thats all there is too it.  SA just went into ATL and wiped the floor with the so called "Spurs of the East."  Note to the NBA:  Spurs are getting healthy and getting the swag back.    I want no part of them.  I am not saying we couldnt beat them. I feel the Grizz are more equipped to beat SA now than they have been since back in 2011, but as far as a  first round opponent goes, I just want no part of them. 

The other team I would not want any part of is OKC.  Dont let KD's absence fool anybody.  The Thunder are a handful.  Westbrook is not being selfish and getting tons of assists.  Enes Kanter is a load to try and handle.  When he was with UTAH before the trade and MEM went out to UTA to play the Jazz, Kanter gave Marc and Zach tons of  problems.  He can hit the 18 foot jumper and he is young and energetic under the glass.  Dion Waiters is a scoring machine.  Anthony Morrow is one of those guys who is in the league ONLY because he is pure money from behind the arc.  DJ Augustin has torched us in the past when he played for Chicago.  Sam Presti made some really amazing moves to keep this team more than relevant without KD.  I know Ibaka is out right now, but OKC has McGary and the Punk from Down Under (New Zealand)--Steven Adams in the middle. Its would just not be a good matchup to play OKC in the first round.  Again, not saying MEM couldnt win, but just dont want to go down that road. 

"Dion Waiters is a scoring machine" hahahaha

"Dion Waiters is a scoring machine" hahahaha

go ahead and laugh. I know he averages 11 pts a game but he is a threat and can go off at any time.  He is not consistent like KD is, but makes you account for him.  He is one of the pieces that makes OKC tough and at times he can score like a machine,   Whatever 

I actually agree with this. If we are power ranking teams I dont want to play then I start with the Spurs and then the Thunder.  There is not a team in the NBA that I don't think we can beat, but those two teams will be very difficult (if healthy).  

go ahead and laugh. I know he averages 11 pts a game but he is a threat and can go off at any time.  He is not consistent like KD is, but makes you account for him.  He is one of the pieces that makes OKC tough and at times he can score like a machine,   Whatever 

Dion Waiters is a chucking machine, 11 pts on 11.3 shots is nothing close to a scorer, 39% FG, 26% 3pt FG, are you kidding? 

also, his occasional 20-pt game once every 15 games or so doesn't make him a threat