Andray Blatche - Grizzlies Interested

Conley/Udrih/Calathes

Allen/Lee/Adams

Green/Carter/Thomas

ZBo/Blatche/Thomas

Gasol/Koufos/Blatche

^ Championship roster.

Really really need a shooter

Agreed. But if we can't land a shooter, that Blatche is a very good consolation prize. If he can be gotten before the trade deadline, it may even allow you to move Kofus for a shooter. Not that I'm excited to see Kosta go, but if you can flip him for a need as opposed to seeing him walk with no return...

We won't be the only suitors chasing this guy.

Figured I should put that out there before you guys get into a Bash-Blatche fest.

Everyone always says that but I dont think so. IMO a guy like Blatche or a scoring big like Amare Stoudemire is the way to go. They aee gone come off the bench in the playoff game and are likely to give you buckets.

We need more scoring than anything imo. It's great if we can find a shooter to open up the floor, but a lot of times they are 1-dimensional. if we have Blatch coming in providing us scoring down low off of the bench, that's a huge help. If he's in playing shape, I think he would be a big pickup that could help us tremendously right away, much more than Leuer and Koufos.

If you look at that Dallas game, they had a variety of scoring coming from different places. that help them contain our runs, everytime we mad a run, someone stepped up and scored, even if it was only Richard Jefferson for a basket or two or ft here and there. We need as much scoring as possible to battle the WC elite.

We don't need a shooter. We need a scorer like everyone has mentioned. We have plenty of guys capable of stretching the floor and 2 of the top 3PT% shooters in the NBA. Guys like Beno, Green, VC may not be having great years shooting the ball from outside, but teams respect them and they will have games where their outside shot will fall.

Oh hell yes, Blatch is a beast. Picking him up would make us almost impeccable.

100% agree! If we get Blatche I think that makes us the favs. for the title.

Kosta and JL can get us something decent or a pick or two.

That will be a killer squad!!

We don't need a shooter. We need a scorer like everyone has mentioned. We have plenty of guys capable of stretching the floor and 2 of the top 3PT% shooters in the NBA. Guys like Beno, Green, VC may not be having great years shooting the ball from outside, but teams respect them and they will have games where their outside shot will fall.

Don't need a shooter???? We are 18th in 3 point percentage and 28th in made 3 pt fg per game. That is pitiful. Before you try to say it doesn't matter: we shoot 39% from 3's in wins and 23.6% from 3 in losses. We average less than 6 three pointers per game. When was the last time a team made the Finals with such pathetic outside shooting?

Conley/Beno/Smith

Lee/Allen/Alan Anderson/Adams

Green/Carter

Zbo/Blatche/Leuer/Stokes

Gasol/KK

Don't need a shooter???? We are 18th in 3 point percentage and 28th in made 3 pt fg per game. That is pitiful. Before you try to say it doesn't matter: we shoot 39% from 3's in wins and 23.6% from 3 in losses. We average less than 6 three pointers per game. When was the last time a team made the Finals with such pathetic outside shooting?

i'd think the pistons .

Looking at the stats and adjusting for minutes, I don't see where Blatche is an improvement over Koufos.

If we can't keep Koufos, Blatche might slot in nicely.

Koufos can't shoot threes and doesn't try - and wouldn't normally ever be in a position where he could.

Blatche tries them and usually misses.

Both are huge, both rebound and block decently.

Koufos shoots less but with a higher percentage.

Koufos is normal, Blatche is weird.

We won't be the only suitors chasing this guy.

Figured I should put that out there before you guys get into a Bash-Blatche fest.

Portland would seem like the smart choice if I were him.

The Grizz are shooting 34.5% from 3 for the season...In 2009-10 NBA Finals, the LA Lakers faced the Boston Celtics. The nba champ Lakers were 23rd in 3 pt shooting at 34.1% with 6.5 3 made per game and Boston was 17th at 34.8% and 6.1 threes made per game. Sounds about the same to me and it also shows that 2 poor 3 pt shooting teams can face each other in the NBA Finals.

Looking at the stats and adjusting for minutes, I don't see where Blatche is an improvement over Koufos. If we can't keep Koufos, Blatche might slot in nicely. Koufos can't shoot threes and doesn't try - and wouldn't normally ever be in a position where he could. Blatche tries them and usually misses. Both are huge, both rebound and block decently. Koufos shoots less but with a higher percentage. Koufos is normal, Blatche is weird.

Blatche's last PER in his last NBA season was 18.9 and Koufos is 14.5. If we can sign Blatch and trade Koufous and Leuer for an asset that would help us more than they are such as a shooter, I think it's a win win.

wonder if we could get ross from tor .

id love that but I highly doubt it. However if we offered koufos and Leuer they might listen. If we could sign Blanche and get Ross it would be make us so much more dynamic