Sign in to follow this  
Mempho

Stein Reports Grizz Pursuing

I'm happy with either one. Who could we offer for debt tho? All I know is we will have a tough time guarding 3s in the playoffs when we start two 2 guards putting one at the 3 so we need to make a move

. Loul seems like the perfect wallace type move to be honest . think i remember deng rumors a few times under wallace back when deng was playing way better .

after seeing what den got for Moz i'd say Prince + KK for either one is pretty awful use of our assets . maybe KK + Qpon but that's not enough salary going out .

i'd like green ( even Deng wouldn't be awful )though but we must move QPon in the deal .

Wilson Chandler is a better option than either of these two, but of the two you definitely go for Green, Deng has been declining and has been in the league 3 years more than Green, takes it toll on the body. Jeff Green ain't a superstar but at least he's still in his prime and has been playing well the past couple seasons.

Honestly Ive been so disappointed with the Grizzlies since zach went out that I'm really hoping for a change. One injury should not damage the team that much. We need greater depth

Again, Wallace does not change his big board for potential acquisitions for at least 5 years. The guy will continue to pursue the same players until he eventually gets them when they're completely over the hill (cough cough Vince Carter)

Deng would be incredible here. Been hoping we would get him for years. Didn't think we'd be able to get him after he signed with the Heat. Much better option than Green or Chandler.

for the love of God please do not get Deng this team is old enough

Agreed. Neither are athletic, knock down shooters or great defenders. Just guys.

Deng is 29 with a lot of Thibideau miles on him.

Deng would be incredible here. Been hoping we would get him for years. Didn't think we'd be able to get him after he signed with the Heat. Much better option than Green or Chandler.

we found chris wallace !

Again, Wallace does not change his big board for potential acquisitions for at least 5 years. The guy will continue to pursue the same players until he eventually gets them when they're completely over the hill (cough cough Vince Carter)

Green and Deng are the only lefitimate starting SFs available other than Chandler. Who else is he supposed to pursue?

If we're looking at Jeff Green's stats it's more accurate to look at his stats from the 2012-13 season where he was playing on a playoff team. 12.8 ppg on 46% FG and 39% 3pt FG. I don't think it's smart to point to his stats from the last two seasons because he's playing the number 1 role on a terrible team, his role in that 2012-13 Boston team is the closest to the role he'll play here as an important 3rd/4th cog in a playoff team rather than the number 1 option on a team tanking for picks.

Seem like a long shot for both players. I'm keeping my fingers cross that it won't be a lopsided deal for us. Our chemistry is great but we need to keep up with the west getting stronger everyday!

why would he opt out of a winning situation while he would be starting?

the same reason jeff green will $$$

the same reason jeff green will $$$

to be honest I think deng would rather win than get money. Deng seems like one of those loyal players who just wants to win. I may be wrong tho

fwiw Deng has a 15% trade kicker.

Green will opt out so i'd think Prince exp does very little for bos . more of a salary match than anything else .

yeah if we going after deng or green it pretty much mean prince is gone..its the only way i see the money working out right...but how about prince,pondexter,luer for green and turner

conley/beno/calathes

lee/allen/adams

green/turner/carter

randolph/stokes

gasol/koufos

tor - KK

bos - prince,q , picks from tor & mem

mem - Stiemsma , Hansbrough , Green

two bigs & a wing with money to spend .

maybe just go after Ross with KK and whatever fillers can be added .. leave bos out of it .

If I had to choose between the two I'd definitely go for Green. Heck, he's slightly better at shooting threes than Deng. He has much more upside, more athletic..