Sign in to follow this  
Arkm110

Josh Smith Waived

I have to wonder if he's somewhat of a cancerous player. Don't be surprised if Detroit starts improving with most of his minutes going to Monroe. As for us, I don't see how he could possibly fit in here.

I guess he could be a good backup for zach. I don't want him at the 3 cause that's when he starts jacking up 3s. I doubt he would be willing to play off the bench unless he actually wants a chance to win a ring and he should understand that with the way he's been playing he doesn't have much leverage with contending teams. If we get him as a backup 4 then we could move leuer with Q maybe in a deal.

I guess he could be a good backup for zach. I don't want him at the 3 cause that's when he starts jacking up 3s. I doubt he would be willing to play off the bench unless he actually wants a chance to win a ring and he should understand that with the way he's been playing he doesn't have much leverage with contending teams. If we get him as a backup 4 then we could move leuer with Q maybe in a deal.

Why break up with the one you love for the one you like? Leuer is out-performing his contract and is becoming sort of the prototypical stretch four that we've lacked (and that Josh Smith will never be).

We don't need Josh Smith. If he could be effective playing SF, that'd be different. But he's not, so we don't.

If he were willing to be a backup to Zach, I'd try it. It would be no more than a league minimum deal. Why not take the gamble? He would give us the athleticism we have been lacking out of our bigs. I haven't watched him enough to say he is or isn't a good defender but I know he has the reputation of being one (he also blocks shots and get steals).

However, I in no way want him to be a SF or even think about the perimeter. His best year was the year ATL got him to focus on interior play.

PLEASE NO. This guy shoots under 50% on free throws. FREE THROWS.

He is a bad FT shooter but not nearly as bad as he has been this year. To me that shows he has quit on Detroit and just isn't focusing. Not exactly an outstanding quality, but something I could get over if he bought into performing a specific role.

ESPN's real plus minus still shows him as one of the top defenders in the league. His offensive rating is awful. If you yank him everytime he shoots a 3 pt shot, maybe it goes up. But for the league minimum, I take the chance.

No let HOU get him which would force them to waive Terrence Jones. Then we swoop in and get him and move KK for Green.

We don't need JSmith as a backup unless Zbo is down for substantial amount of time.

No let HOU get him which would force them to waive Terrence Jones. Then we swoop in and get him and move KK for Green.

We don't need JSmith as a backup unless Zbo is down for substantial amount of time.

if we could make that happen id be so happy

I think I'd be willing to give him a try, he might could be the piece the Grizz needs to contend for the championship. Doubt if he would come to Memphis though.

he signed here a couple years ago but the Hawks matched

I'm not opposed to having him here, but certainly do not feel the need to bring him in.

However, I also don't want him on any WC contender either.

I could see him joining any playoff contender, or the Lakers.

I don't get it.

Consensus seems to be "eww, no" re bringing him here, but "hope they don't" re our rivals getting him.

If he's going to hurt us, why would he not hurt other teams?

Put him on OKC and watch Westbrook go nuts - "Hey, ballhog is MY role, buddy!"

I'm not opposed to having him here, but certainly do not feel the need to bring him in. However, I also don't want him on any WC contender either.

This.

As a Backup 4 I say swing for the fences. Also, would love to see some other move to get a real 3 such as any combination of Leuer, Q, & KK. While each has added something to the bench moving any one or all three wouldn't disrupt overall chemistry that much. Very dependent upon going after the right SF.

Sidenote. I just realize that I didn't include Tayshaun as expendable. That might have more to do with him being a big expiring contract at the end of the season more than anything else.