Sign in to follow this  
tennesseessio

Vince Carter...

14.8 mpg

33.1% FG

29.7% 3pt - as of 12/16/14 -

57.1% FT

5.3 ppg

I realize there is an adjustment period with a new team, but he really needs to start picking up the pace. We are well into the new season. This isn't like the Jon Leuer thread of overreactors. Our schedule is getting tougher, and we need him shooting well and getting to the rim on occasion to beat the Best-in-the-West. Anybody know what's wrong with him??? It's a bit of a head scratcher to me.

He is old. He is coming from an injury.

When the time comes... He will do what he is best at.

I truly hope you're right. But at the moment....he sucks.

I don't want him taking more perimeter attempts than Courtney (2nd in NBA) or Majic Mike (current career best, 16/27 for shots taken in the last 5mins of the game, when score differential is 5 or less).

But I'm still prepared to give him a bit more slack, I'll hold onto Toke s explanation when I raised this in the 76ers game thread.

i agreed...plus he has already won or had a major part in wining a few clutch game this season

I agree. Two of our wins were a result of his shooting. He can def improve but has helped us so far

I agree with Grinder.... we brought him in to hit big shots in the clutch, not to be a 20PPG guy.

He has done that and like Grinder said it's won us two games.

I posted this in a Leuer thread a little while back.

As for Vince, I'm not concerned about him right now. He had a slow start last season and finished very strong. I saw some of those games last season and labeled him a chucker and he's looked like that at times this season. But if he gets it going like last season, that's just going to be one more problem for other teams. Here are his percentages from last season.

Month - FG%/3PT%

Oct/Nov - 37.4/33.3

Dec - 44.0/36.2

Jan - 42.3/38.4

Feb - 40.7/42.6

Mar - 42.8/45.2

Apr - 36.0/40.5

As we can see his 3pt% went up every month and then dipped in April which was a partial month. In April he had four strong games from three and three weak games. And interestingly after a dip in December, his 3pt attempts went up each month along with the percentage.

We also have to remember that he did have ankle surgery as well. The way he has been running (supposedly the trainers are having him run that way) is proof of that. He's currently 33.7/28.6 so I'll give him more time to see if he has another run like that in him.

Me personally I'm going to wait a few months before being concerned.

I'd like to see his shooting percentages in the final two minutes of games for us. I'd bet they're sky high, because Vincent Lamar Carter was born with that clutch gene!!

you cant deny that he adds so much leadership and swagger- he gives our guys confidence just being there supporting them

his shot will return when he gets 100% healthy

I'd like to see his shooting percentages in the final two minutes of games for us. I'd bet they're sky high, because Vincent Lamar Carter was born with that clutch gene!!

Vince Carter's 2014-2015 clutch stats (last 2 minutes):

FG: 1/1 (100%)

3PT: 1/1 (100%)

FT: 2/2 (100%)

More prolific scoring from Vince at this point would be nice. However, I don't worry so much this early in the season, however.

He is providing a treat that teams still have to honor as well as an additional ball handler / playmaker to help take pressure off Conley and Beno.

He also has shown that he has the marbles to take a big shot when needed. That is as if not more important than his shooting percentage at this point of the season.

call me crazy but i'll wait on the playoffs before i get to worried about VC. Q on the other hand needs to show something before the deadline if he wants to stick around .

Not only does he bring the shooting but the veteran experience is invaluable. That sequence where he ran into Stephen Curry which allowed Z-Bo to flash to the basket and get the foul and then he bumped into Draymond Green who retaliated and got the technical highlights perfectly what he brings to this team.

Not only does he bring the shooting but the veteran experience is invaluable. That sequence where he ran into Stephen Curry which allowed Z-Bo to flash to the basket and get the foul and then he bumped into Draymond Green who retaliated and got the technical highlights perfectly what he brings to this team.

Bingo

OP should work as a commentator - you know when a great foul shooter is stepping to the line and the announcer states "... is a 97% free throw shooter" and proceeds to clank his next 2 FT's ...