Sign in to follow this  
GrizzliesIQYO

Grizz Free Agency Rumor Thread

Grizz Signing Poll  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who position will Grizz address first?

• Starting Small Forward
    • Backup Point Guard
    • Backup Power Forward
    • Starting Shooting Guard
    • Backup Small Forward

It's cool to know that Chris Wallace free agent big board hasn't changed one bit since he was last on the job. Seriously, we've been linked to Pierce since like 2011, only thing left to do is bring McBob in for a visit

It's cool to know that Chris Wallace free agent big board hasn't changed one bit since he was last on the job. Seriously, we've been linked to Pierce since like 2011, only thing left to do is bring McBob in for a visit

don't for forget Lee ........

Bradley/lee/pierce/green/Fab Melo lol. bringing in a new GM before FA sure would have been nice.

i bet we end up with a Celtic one way or another

Lets pump the brakes on all the tons of capspace for 2015 talk. Here is the Small Forward crop for 2015. Small Forwards 2015 Matt Barnes (35) (N)

Corey Brewer (29) – $4.91MM player option

Chase Budinger (27) – $5MM player option

Jimmy Butler (26) ®

Wilson Chandler (28) (N)

Victor Claver (27) ®

Chris Copeland (31) ®

Jae Crowder (25) ®

Gigi Datome (28) ®

Carlos Delfino (33) (N)

Jared Dudley (30) – $4.25MM player option

Jeremy Evans (28)

Landry Fields (27)

Rudy Gay (29)

Gerald Green (29)

Jeff Green (29) – $9.2MM player option

Jordan Hamilton (25) ®

Tobias Harris (23) ®

Andrei Kirilenko (34)

Kawhi Leonard (24) ®

Luc Mbah a Moute (29)

Travis Outlaw (31)

Tayshaun Prince (35)

Kyle Singler (27) ®

Dorell Wright (30)

So who exactly on that list is going to put us over the hump in near future? Rudy? 2014 was the year of the SF in the draft and Free Agency [Hayward, Parsons, Lebron, Melo, Deng, Ariza, Granger, Turner, Beasley, Williams]. Reality is this free agency period is our best chance to add a legit piece to this Core and yet we cannot afford to even make an attempt.. 2015 we are going to Max Gasol that is going to be our big move and then after that we will wait on Zbo and Tony to fall off of effectiveness completely then have to go into a complete rebuild.

Two things:

Again (I have said this several times in the last 24 hours now), cap space is not limited to Free Agency. Trades are also much easier to consummate. So we are not limited to who will be Free agnets.

If what you are saying is correct (we need to act this year and don't have the cap space to do it), then we should begin our complete rebuild right now. There is no hope for this year's offseason.

Prince has to be moved so he wont be played. I think the amnesty clause on Miller means Miami pays the difference this year? Meaning he makes 6.6 no matter what the Grizz give him (unless its more than that)

My hope is that Prince is bought out to free up a roster spot and we go get an undrafted athletic young guy for the wing. But as it stands now with them not targeting a true SF upgrade. They are either going to let Prince goto end of bench or buy him out. Pretty well established now that Prince has to be literally in street clothes before Joerger will decline playing him.

My hope is that Prince is bought out to free up a roster spot and we go get an undrafted athletic young guy for the wing. But as it stands now with them not targeting a true SF upgrade. They are either going to let Prince goto end of bench or buy him out. Pretty well established now that Prince has to be literally in street clothes before Joerger will decline playing him.

Dont know if street clothes would stop Dave from playing him but its worth a shot.

or see what he can get at the deadline.

Prince - DNP - Everyone decision not named Joerger

Why? Telfair can't shoot, score, or defend. Grizzlies might as bring back Marcus Williams, Josh Selby, or Acie Law.

Usually every scrub has certain fans ..telfair doesn't appear to have any

YO

Usually every scrub has certain fans ..telfair doesn't appear to have any YO

Unfortunately, he does have a fan and even more unfortunately that guy just happens to coach the Grizzlies. All Dave needs to do now is just break all his fingers into a crooked pattern and the transformation can be completed. Ligher-skinned Lionel 2.0.! I mean seriously sad he is trying to add washed up out of league PGs. Look for Conley to be stuck playing 40mpg because his backup sux yet again.

Shelvin Mack? I think he is restricted now, but surely we have the money for him.

I'm a fan. But with him being restricted, you'd have to overpay to get him. No way Atlanta does not match if it is a reasonable deal (reasonable meaning $2 million or less for Mack). Once you have to reach those levels on Mack, he isn't as valuable.

meeks to det 3/19 :blink:/>/> .

maybe we can just let these other teams make bad moves while we wait .

Martin too for 1 year.

guess they really needed the shooting but good lord .

how about a sign and trade w/Lakers? Lee, Prince and Koufos for Pau, Meeks and Farmar Pau is upgrade for kk,meeks can shoot and Farmar good backup PG. LA can use KK,LEE quality backup in case Kobe is not 100% and Prince is oneyear, they can afford to go over tax

i actually like meeks. he's getting better and better on both sides of the court but he's not worth that kind of $$.

MArtin too as a tweener that can bomb 3's .

I'm a fan. But with him being restricted, you'd have to overpay to get him. No way Atlanta does not match if it is a reasonable deal (reasonable meaning $2 million or less for Mack). Once you have to reach those levels on Mack, he isn't as valuable.

If Mo Williams and Bayless can get 3 million, I would go there for Mack too. Maybe he is getting paid more than his career has earned, but he is a reliable backup

how about Darren ollinson if we need a backup? what kind of deals is he looking at getting ?

how about Darren ollinson if we need a backup? what kind of deals is he looking at getting ?

around 7 or 8 mil from a bad team or 4 or 5 from a good team. Collison was really good when Paul went down

right now, they may not get anything for them, all free agents

??

I was talking about Van Gundy (new coach+GM) in Detroit giving Meeks that 3/$19M contract.

could we use MLE to get him? stretch Prince to free up 5M and resign Beno(1.5M) and Miller(3.5M) have 10M to sign good SF