Sign in to follow this  
Benji

Ed Davis To Become Unrestricted Free Agent

Don't forget Jon Leuer!!!! jasonlevien_t607.jpg

Franklin and lots of capspace . now if they had/do use the money correctly is another story .

Franklin and lots of capspace . now if they had/do use the money correctly is another story .

we are still over the cap, so what cap space?

There were so many people on these boards clamoring for Jon Leur last year, claiming how awesome he was, I don't see how this can be a disappointment to them. Jon has just been handed a golden opportunity. It would be nice if all those folks stood up for roll call about now, just to compare lists when people chastise him later.

You still do the Rudy trade. The evidence during his time here and after the fact is inarguable. Our main problem is that we should have asked for a 1st rounder rather than Ed Davis. But hoo boy, had we done that, we'd have had people jumping overboard. We would be in luxury tax hell right now if we still had Rudy Gay, and of all the players with big salaries on our team, he least fit the philosophy our team was rolling with.

I wish Ed Davis had panned out. But he didn't. And we move on.

There were so many people on these boards clamoring for Jon Leur last year, claiming how awesome he was, I don't see how this can be a disappointment to them. Jon has just been handed a golden opportunity. It would be nice if all those folks stood up for roll call about now, just to compare lists when people chastise him later. You still do the Rudy trade. The evidence during his time here and after the fact is inarguable. Our main problem is that we should have asked for a 1st rounder rather than Ed Davis. But hoo boy, had we done that, we'd have had people jumping overboard. We would be in luxury tax hell right now if we still had Rudy Gay, and of all the players with big salaries on our team, he least fit the philosophy our team was rolling with. I wish Ed Davis had panned out. But he didn't. And we move on.

always thought bring leuer back before signing any other FA's was a big mistake . tied up almost 1m when that money could have been used elsewhere or at the very least waited for someone else to make an offer for leuer . signing end of the bench guys should the one the the last processes for a team that's looking for help at other positions .

I wish there could be one sane thread on these boards. Everyone acts like everything is such a big deal. He didn't ever really get it and we don't need him now. Who cares? And you wouldnt get much in a trade for him even though we could still use him in a trade possibly

if we picked up his QO and got a bunch of crap offers i'd hate it way more than letting him walk . and won't this allow full use of the MLE plus a vet min guy or two ?

There were so many people on these boards clamoring for Jon Leur last year, claiming how awesome he was, I don't see how this can be a disappointment to them. Jon has just been handed a golden opportunity. It would be nice if all those folks stood up for roll call about now, just to compare lists when people chastise him later.

You still do the Rudy trade. The evidence during his time here and after the fact is inarguable. Our main problem is that we should have asked for a 1st rounder rather than Ed Davis. But hoo boy, had we done that, we'd have had people jumping overboard. We would be in luxury tax hell right now if we still had Rudy Gay, and of all the players with big salaries on our team, he least fit the philosophy our team was rolling with.

I wish Ed Davis had panned out. But he didn't. And we move on.

You do the trade but you keep Jose Calderon

Every team in the NBA has, and will, make trades and moves that don't pan out. The Grizzlies are not immune tothat. The same goes for draft picks. Some of you folks need to get over yourselves.

We will never know how many deals we attempted to get done involving Ed, Prince, etc. It's not smart to just get *anything* back for a player. It's possible that no team would give up any draft picks, and it's very possible that we just didn't want to take back a crap player who will rob us of an open roster spot. Sometimes an open spot is more valuable than just getting anything we can.

Benji, you probably just nailed it. if every team knew he was not getting a QO why would they negoiate?

Go Grizz!!

Every team in the NBA has, and will, make trades and moves that don't pan out. The Grizzlies are not immune tothat. The same goes for draft picks. Some of you folks need to get over yourselves.

+100000

Go Grizz!!

He played great in Toronto ...got traded when hot...just doesn't have good fundamentals, low IQ, inconsistent YO

Yep - there's a place in the NBA for Ed - it just isn't in Memphis. I wish him well.

"The Rudy Gay trade was not a salary dump." SMFH.

To be fair, if it was they wouldn't have taken on Prince in the deal. They clearly thought there was more fire in his tank than there actually was.

To be fair, if it was they wouldn't have taken on Prince in the deal. They clearly thought there was more fire in his tank than there actually was.

This is possible. But man, what a swing and a miss if that was the thought.

This is possible. But man, what a swing and a miss if that was the thought.

Levien bragged on Prince's ability to hit "catch and shoot" jumpers (lol) so he without a doubt felt that Prince was an upgrade.

Under Chris Wallace's direction where "Letting Assets Walk For Nothing Happens"

Did it for Mayo as well.................where he was quote "ECSTATIC to be able to add to the franchise."

Letting assets walk and reaching on draft picks..............Great

I think Levien is getting some unfair blame since he had already said he was going to extent the QO to Davis.

if we picked up his QO and got a bunch of crap offers i'd hate it way more than letting him walk . and won't this allow full use of the MLE plus a vet min guy or two ?

They would have that regardless as long as they elected to use it. The MLE is there to help teams over the cap sign players. The Grizzlies would also have the bi-annual exception too, but they are probably not as likely to use it.