Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

The Grizzlies Are Becoming A Jump Shooting Team, Congratulations Analytics

Tonight 50 (30/50) of the Grizzlies 87 FGA were in the paint. This team is full of chuckers.

By comparison the Clips had 35 out of 80 in the paint. Yet they got all of those FTA. SMH.

By comparison the Clips had 35 out of 80 in the paint. Yet they got all of those FTA. SMH.

I keep being bothered by a play at 1:47 left in the 4th. The Clips inbound after a basket and Paul gets the ball, then slides into Gasol's path and falls dead at first contact as Marc can't stop in time. Free throws.

I recognize this is a skill, not everyone has that vision of the game to steal FTs from non plays, and Paul is a master at it. I'm just bothered that we don't make him earn those ticky tacky fouls. If you're going to get a foul for involuntarily bumping into him you may as well fall on him with all your weight.

I saw that too ... actually I see it alot ... he INITIATES the contact the FALLS out like he's been shot.

too bad this is not hockey ... really could use a goon or two.

But IF one of our main guys really did try to 'make him earn it' - here come the flagrants ...

Tonight 50 (30/50) of the Grizzlies 87 FGA were in the paint. This team is full of chuckers. By comparison the Clips had 35 out of 80 in the paint. Yet they got all of those FTA. SMH.

Same ref that called the Harden fiasco was the same one tonight - Capers. If i was a betting man i would look at the next game he is scheduled to ref for us.

Oh yea --

Analytics told Levien to sign James Johnson

Analytics told Levien to trade for Courtney Lee

Analytics told Levien to stand pat at trade deadline

Now Analytics is telling you to STOP CREATING DUMB THREADS

end of rant/

Oh yea --

Analytics told Levien to sign James Johnson

Analytics told Levien to trade for Courtney Lee

Analytics told Levien to stand pat at trade deadline

Now Analytics is telling you to STOP CREATING DUMB THREADS

end of rant/

Analytic tells me KBM is still too upset over Lionel not being brought back to think logically. The ultimate man crush is what we are dealing with here between he and Hollins

Analytic tells me KBM is still too upset over Lionel not being brought back to think logically. The ultimate man crush is what we are dealing with here between he and Hollins

Speaking of man crushes.......at least Coach Hessam is still here from time to time. LilOJ Mayo had a classic rant then evaporates into thin air.

KBM come on. Hollins will get a gig somewhere soon enough.

This thread began because of what I saw in the New York Knicks game. The grizzlies squandered at 18 point lead and while the grizzlies pulled that game out because they are the grizzlies and they know how to do that kind of thing late what I realized is that this is going to be an ongoing issue with the grizzlies: falling in love with the jump shot.

You gets can say, ah well this is kbm the sky is falling, but all you have to do is watch the game. I think I remember hearing rob fisher saying that he was pleading with the grizzlies to go inside.

Just wait, this thread will be heard from in the playoffs again.

Just wait, this thread will be heard from in the playoffs again.

Heres to wishing the worst for our team! You seem that you would be happy to prove this correct, rather than the team succeding.

This thread began because of what I saw in the New York Knicks game. The grizzlies squandered at 18 point lead and while the grizzlies pulled that game out because they are the grizzlies and they know how to do that kind of thing late what I realized is that this is going to be an ongoing issue with the grizzlies: falling in love with the jump shot. You gets can say, ah well this is kbm the sky is falling, but all you have to do is watch the game. I think I remember hearing rob fisher saying that he was pleading with the grizzlies to go inside. Just wait, this thread will be heard from in the playoffs again.

So unless we win the title, you will be right. Cool story bro.

Hey SC. I bet the FO has been enjoying that cheap champagne.

I keep being bothered by a play at 1:47 left in the 4th. The Clips inbound after a basket and Paul gets the ball, then slides into Gasol's path and falls dead at first contact as Marc can't stop in time. Free throws. I recognize this is a skill, not everyone has that vision of the game to steal FTs from non plays, and Paul is a master at it. I'm just bothered that we don't make him earn those ticky tacky fouls. If you're going to get a foul for involuntarily bumping into him you may as well fall on him with all your weight.

I had to walk away from the boards. The horrible officiating had me too amped up last night. I agree. When you're that noticeably good at something it has to be considered a skill. I'm shocked JJ's block wasn't called a foul since the guy bumped into him.

Same ref that called the Harden fiasco was the same one tonight - Capers. If i was a betting man i would look at the next game he is scheduled to ref for us.

I don't like the trend being established with him.

So unless we win the title, you will be right. Cool story bro.

Sounds about right.

This thread began because of what I saw in the New York Knicks game. The grizzlies squandered at 18 point lead and while the grizzlies pulled that game out because they are the grizzlies and they know how to do that kind of thing late what I realized is that this is going to be an ongoing issue with the grizzlies: falling in love with the jump shot. You gets can say, ah well this is kbm the sky is falling, but all you have to do is watch the game. I think I remember hearing rob fisher saying that he was pleading with the grizzlies to go inside. Just wait, this thread will be heard from in the playoffs again.

wE68UQV.gif

Is that what your nitpick is? That is one of the most asinine things I've seen in all my years on this board and that's saying something. Every team in almost every game every season will have a stretch where they get jump shot happy. Sometimes it's successful and sometimes it's the worst thing for the team doing it. The Grizzlies have always had moments like that. It's not something unique to this season under a new coach. Take the blinders off because similar to what oldmanGrizz said, when a person lets emotions get in the way they throw common sense out the window.

Heres to wishing the worst for our team! You seem that you would be happy to prove this correct, rather than the team succeding.

actually the point is that jumpshooting is great for building a lead, but it is also great for losing a big lead. It requires a balance, similar to how conley learned how to know when to shoot and when to dump it down low. The problem is that unlike Conley, who is willing to pass up his shot for a better option with zbo.

James Johnson

Courtney Lee

Mike Miller

Nick Calthes

John Luer

are not. If they are open (which is most of the time) because teams are taking away zbo, they are firing shots at will. Again, this is great when those shots are falling, but it is going to end up biting us in the butt if Joerger doesn't rein in our gunners and look for the better shots down low.

Currently Zach Randolph (who everybody thinks is a black hole) has more assists or than our 2 main gunners: Mike Miller and Courtney Lee. (2.7, 2.1)

Compare that to what bayless's # were, and it is sickening. In a vacuum, this might not matter much. You got 2 guys shooting more than passing by a large margin, but then add in all of the other shooters on the team that isn't Zach Randolph or Marc Gasol and it is starting to become a problem is all I am saying.

There will be teams that shut down our inside game some nights, and sometimes on those nights our outside game may be bad too.....we will likely lose those nights.

Can you not see that we have as many or more options now more than ever, we are a good team in a hole trying to dig out. This season has been tough, other teams in the West are playing well.

This has been a very fun season to be a fan of this team for me.....very satisfying, fun, on the edge of my seat, highs and lows.

actually the point is that jumpshooting is great for building a lead, but it is also great for losing a big lead. It requires a balance, similar to how conley learned how to know when to shoot and when to dump it down low. The problem is that unlike Conley, who is willing to pass up his shot for a better option with zbo. James Johnson Courtney Lee Mike Miller Nick Calthes John Luer are not. If they are open (which is most of the time) because teams are taking away zbo, they are firing shots at will. Again, this is great when those shots are falling, but it is going to end up biting us in the butt if Joerger doesn't rein in our gunners and look for the better shots down low. Currently Zach Randolph (who everybody thinks is a black hole) has more assists or than our 2 main gunners: Mike Miller and Courtney Lee. (2.7, 2.1) Compare that to what bayless's # were, and it is sickening. In a vacuum, this might not matter much. You got 2 guys shooting more than passing by a large margin, but then add in all of the other shooters on the team that isn't Zach Randolph or Marc Gasol and it is starting to become a problem is all I am saying.

Spreading the floor is a coaching concept.