Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ace-is-high

"he Better Make Them"

that was Dave Jeorger's response when asked what he thought of N Calathes 3's he buried against the bucks Saturday, Calathes follows by shooting 0-4 from 3 against okc ...... doesn't play 4th quarter,... coincidence ? your thoughts....

When you are trying to make a comeback you need your best 5 on that court for the situation

Yes, except we didn't have our best five out there because we didn't have our best available ball handler on the floor. You have to have a ball handler in basketball. I think we would have been better with Nick on the floor, but that's just me second guessing the coach.

Yes, except we didn't have our best five out there because we didn't have our best available ball handler on the floor. You have to have a ball handler in basketball. I think we would have been better with Nick on the floor, but that's just me second guessing the coach.

I was thinking the same thing Smittay. Miller isn't one of our best 5.

I was thinking the same thing Smittay. Miller isn't one of our best 5.

Nick's experience might be a small cause for concern, but how much experience running the point in crunch time situations does CLee, JJ or MM have? The only real concern to me would have been his free throw shooting if it came down to "hack-a-Nick".

I'm really disappointed that one of Hollins' most negative attributes has seemed to carry over into the Joerger administration. There seems to be an irrational trust for any player deemed as a "vet" (ie. Prince and Miller). This is despite consistent statistical and common observations that would support reducing the minutes of these players. At the same time, there seems to be a very harsh view towards young/prospect players with a very quick punishment trigger whenever they may do something less than ideally (as in NC's situation).

I just can't understand the logic behind coaching decisions like this. IMO, we need to adopt a rotation strategy similar to the Gregg Popvich model. If you produce, you play. If you suck, you sit on the bench. Regardless of your seniority in the league. I've seen plenty of situations where Pop has played bench players during crunch time because they had been playing better than the starters. There's no irrational loyalty and it seems to be paying off.

Just my two sense.

I'm really disappointed that one of Hollins' most negative attributes has seemed to carry over into the Joerger administration. There seems to be an irrational trust for any player deemed as a "vet" (ie. Prince and Miller). This is despite consistent statistical and common observations that would support reducing the minutes of these players. At the same time, there seems to be a very harsh view towards young/prospect players with a very quick punishment trigger whenever they may do something less than ideally (as in NC's situation).

I just can't understand the logic behind coaching decisions like this. IMO, we need to adopt a rotation strategy similar to the Gregg Popvich model. If you produce, you play. If you suck, you sit on the bench. Regardless of your seniority in the league. I've seen plenty of situations where Pop has played bench players during crunch time because they had been playing better than the starters. There's no irrational loyalty and it seems to be paying off.

Just my two sense.

To be fair that isn't a Hollins thing as much as just an Old Coach thing. But it is frustrating that te guy touted as being in synch with the FO vision and a young coach has so many old stubborn coach habits.

Calathes is an established pro - not a young prospect. I'm sure they hold him to a much higher standard than a kid like Franklin. Agree that Joerger has to learn to go with the hot hand and play matchups better. That's one thing we never learned with Haddadi. We could have won a lot of games had he gotten more PT.

I'm really disappointed that one of Hollins' most negative attributes has seemed to carry over into the Joerger administration. There seems to be an irrational trust for any player deemed as a "vet" (ie. Prince and Miller). This is despite consistent statistical and common observations that would support reducing the minutes of these players. At the same time, there seems to be a very harsh view towards young/prospect players with a very quick punishment trigger whenever they may do something less than ideally (as in NC's situation). I just can't understand the logic behind coaching decisions like this. IMO, we need to adopt a rotation strategy similar to the Gregg Popvich model. If you produce, you play. If you suck, you sit on the bench. Regardless of your seniority in the league. I've seen plenty of situations where Pop has played bench players during crunch time because they had been playing better than the starters. There's no irrational loyalty and it seems to be paying off. Just my two sense.

Dave has also done that.