Sign in to follow this  

What Justin Fuente has done for the Memphis football program has been nothing short of enthralling. Guy is a godsend. This program was in a dark, dark place and Fuente has brought unmitigated redemption. I love our team. It's a good time to be a Tiger.

How about that brawl though?

Brawl ?

I must be slipping ... Running out to google it now

Brawl ?

I must be slipping ... Running out to google it now

Yep, a really nasty one at the end of the game. There were punches, some bloody faces, someone from Memphis was swinging his helmet at people, and some BYU players were stomping all over Jarvis Cooper. Horrible. But it shouldn't take away from Memphis' epic season.

Yep, a really nasty one at the end of the game. There were punches, some bloody faces, someone from Memphis was swinging his helmet at people, and some BYU players were stomping all over Jarvis Cooper. Horrible. But it shouldn't take away from Memphis' epic season.

Just saw it - thanks to good old deadspin ...

Couldn't see who started it but somebody got the business ...

Still -> great season for the Tigers !!!

Happy Holidays Everybody !!!

I am STILL readjusting to the holiday season stateside !!!!

Believe it or not in Tokyo ... Christmas Day is not a holiday - we had to WORK !!!

instead of worrying about this thread, the mods need to focus on cleaning up all the non-sense on the main page. that shizzle has gotten ridiculous.

written on jan 24, 2007...

wow, 7 years ago..

slim.

Niners are letting Jim Harbaugh go. After 4 seasons that included 3 Conference Finals and one Super Bowl appearance and no losing seasons.

I hate FO's that think they are more important than coaches.

Niners are letting Jim Harbaugh go. After 4 seasons that included 3 Conference Finals and one Super Bowl appearance and no losing seasons. I hate FO's that think they are more important than coaches.

I'm assuming your stance on how much coaches matter is different for the NFL than it is the NBA. If so, I agree, but wondering if it's worth discussion.

written on jan 24, 2007... wow, 7 years ago.. slim.

Wild. I thought for sure we'd need another new thread for this one after seven years. You guys remember Lawrence Roberts?

written on jan 24, 2007...

wow, 7 years ago..

slim.

I hear ya slim ...

We got a huge influx of newbies now !

...and all of them aren't long time lurkers ...so yeah ... My work is cut out for me ;)

-toke

Ace - this is a very good topic for debate. I do believe that coaches make a difference in the NFL as there are more moving parts to a football game, plays are called from the sidelines and plays are more coordinated.

Ace - this is a very good topic for debate. I do believe that coaches make a difference in the NFL as there are more moving parts to a football game, plays are called from the sidelines and plays are more coordinated.

I agree. There are more moving parts and a much greater overall structure to football. With the stop-and-go nature of the sport, it's much easier for coaches to have control over the action. You could have the most talented team in the league and go 0-16 with crummy playcalling, preparation, and game management -- all of which fall upon the shoulders of the coaching staff. Even QBs, the most decisive position in the sport, are limited in their checks at the line and reads out of the pocket.

Basketball requires so many quick decisions made on the fly that it's difficult for a coach to be as hands-on. I think the best basketball coaches are the ones that empower their players to play instinctively. Guys like Pop and Carlisle, who understand that they can't micro manage and build their systems around giving players freedom to fly. Look at the Mavs' offense this year. Rick just let's 'em go, but it works.

And - by virtue of living here - we get all Fakers everything - all the time .

The Floppers , with the better team, coach , and record - get 0 respect ... ( love that) :)

So I can tell ya ... Ed Davis has a whole lot more confidence and plays much .... Looser with Swaggy P. and their young guys...

And he still is very good defending the pick and roll .

As much as we all know the Grizz should own this game - I'm a little worried because we also know that the Grizz play down to their opponents ...

Hoping we handle business tonight

Niners are letting Jim Harbaugh go. After 4 seasons that included 3 Conference Finals and one Super Bowl appearance and no losing seasons. I hate FO's that think they are more important than coaches.

I'm still trying to process that. What the hey were they thinking?

So this thread is 8 years old. Is it time for a Nut roll call? Curious where the Nuts from back in the day are at.

Never a big nut head poster but I'm still here

Chip, you have been called worse than a big nut on these boards. LOL.

caught inside the nba this am- repeat from last night..

mike and marc were on there, since griz playing in atlanta..

it was a good segment.

slim.