Sign in to follow this  

Butler vs Uconn: March badness

I literally fell asleep 10 minutes into the game.

Terribly boring.

Yeah, to add to what Air said, this is just such a surreal experience. Game 1 was special with it being the first Grizz playoff win, and game 3 was great for the first home win, but the way we just absolutely broke their spirit and forced them to surrender last night was just unreal. It was like I was on another planet or something. I just hope this run doesn't end any time soon.

Sean Miller of Arizona is seriously considering replacing Gary Williams at Maryland. Does anyone think Pastner would seriously consider jumping ship and heading to his alma mater?

Sean Miller of Arizona is seriously considering replacing Gary Williams at Maryland. Does anyone think Pastner would seriously consider jumping ship and heading to his alma mater?

nope, and Miller is now staying at AZ ... all is good.

FYI ... if you are TIGERS fan as well, one of the popular Memphis Tigers board now has a forum dedicated for the Memphis Grizzlies ... I think you'll like the forum name over there ... come by and talk GRIZZ ball there and TIGER ball.

GO MEMPHIS!

http://ncaabbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=722

Are there any Volunteer forums up in there? :)

Are there any Volunteer forums up in there? :)

hell no!!! ;)

if you are a volunteer fan, first of all - I'M SORRY! haha ... no but that board is strictly a UofM board and they sure do hate that urange!

hell no!!! ;)

if you are a volunteer fan, first of all - I'M SORRY! haha ... no but that board is strictly a UofM board and they sure do hate that urange!

Yeah, I think it's because of the head to head record in football. :ph34r:

Yeah, I think it's because of the head to head record in football. :ph34r:

don't forget about basketball; but when it comes to March and overall basketball tradition; MEMPHIS > tennessee!!!

hollins_lionel_487_381.jpg

call me crazy, but im just ready to see these crooked fingers and a little griz ball around here...

slim.

You're crazy and I agree 100%

Coach Hollins used his left hand to wrestle his coaches paychecks from Mr Heisley. GM Chris Wallace hands are rumored to look just as bad.

hollins_lionel_487_381.jpg

call me crazy, but im just ready to see these crooked fingers and a little griz ball around here...

slim.

Is that real? I knew his fingers looked a little odd when I see him clapping but never noticed his ring and pinkie to be that crooked...

Coach Hollins used his left hand to wrestle his coaches paychecks from Mr Heisley. GM Chris Wallace hands are rumored to look just as bad.

good one.

granttis- yes, it is a real picture.

must be from his playing days.

gruesome.

slim.

good article about penny. it would be good to see him more re-united with the magic organization.

if that is not to happen soon, i say the griz make it happen here.

he has meant so much to this city...

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/11/dwight-howard-magic-should-retire-penny-hardaways-jersey-video.html

When Dwight Howard thinks of the 1990s Orlando Magic, he doesn’t think of Shaquille O’Neal, the dominant big man who Howard is so often compared to.

No, Howard says he associates those Magic teams with Penny Hardaway, who made four all-star teams with the Magic.

Howard thinks so highly of Hardaway, in fact, that he thinks the organization should put Hardaway’s No. 1 jersey in the Amway Center rafters as its first retired number.

“I think when the season starts – whenever that may be – he should have his jersey put up for what he did not just the team, but for the city,” Howard said. “We all know how great Penny has been for the game of basketball.”

Judging by the reaction of the crowd at Howard’s all-star game Sunday night, he might get some support for the cause.

The crowd went wild when Howard introduced Hardaway to the crowd — it was, by far, the loudest ovation any player received.

“It’s great to have him here, man, it means a lot,” Howard continued. “And for the fans, I know they were happy. Hopefully he gets what he deserves down here in this city.”

It was the first time Hardaway felt love from Orlando since the Magic traded him to Phoenix in 1999. That summer, new Magic GM John Gabriel cleaned house – also trading franchise cornerstone Nick Anderson – and Hardaway’s breakup with Orlando didn’t go smoothly.

He’s had a minimal relationship with the franchise since then.

No appearances. No tributes. The Magic traded for his expiring contract in 2006 and waived him before Hardaway could even get on a plane to Orlando.

But on Sunday night, Magic fans officially got over it.

“It felt great because I haven’t been back here, especially in this type of atmosphere, since I left the Magic,” Hardaway said. “I thank Dwight for doing that, because I don’t know if it would’ve happened otherwise. It broke the ice, so to say, with me coming back here and not having been back here for so long. It’s something that I’ll never forget.”

Hardaway, who lives in Memphis and is dabbling in talk radio, would like to re-establish some sort of relationship with the Orlando organization.

“It’s always been on my mind,” Hardaway said. “When you mention my name, it’s Orlando. They don’t talk about Phoenix; they don’t talk about New York. It’s Orlando. I’m in history here, so I would love to be more involved.

“I’ve been watching and I’ve been a fan of these guys for the last few years. I’ve always been a Magic fan. Even when I left, that’s in my blood. I would love to be involved. You know, come down and watch these guys play, come and watch practice, be involved in the community here, just kind of open up. The fans showed me love and I really want to do more things.”

slim.