Sign in to follow this  

Roll Call ????

Toke checkin in !

Hotttt AND humid over here !

Saw Batman - great flick - and not nearly as dark as the previous ones....

and lovin' the new iphone ... this thing can almost do it all !

Got a lil excited about the 'alomost' addition to the roster over the weekend ...

Sad sad news on Issac Hayes and Bernie Mac ... get well soon Morgan Freeman ...

Still getting used to the new way of posting on the new board ... but once I get that sorted -> it's on !

raise your hand if you've been to a place like this in memphis <A HREF="
TARGET=_blank>king burger</A>

Haha we got one annoying *** chick behinde the counter here in Niagara Falls.

raise your hand if you've been to a place like this in memphis <A HREF="
TARGET=_blank>king burger</A>

Unfortunately, I have had that experience far too often in Memphis. Memphis must have the worst customer service in the world.

The only thing worse than running into "Bon Qui Qui", is the Kentucky Fried Chicken on Winchester in Hickory Hill that is OUT OF CHICKEN almost every time I go there. How does a KFC run out of chicken???!!!! Who the %@#$ manages their inventory???!!! After they tell me they're "out of chicken", they have the audacity to ask me if I'd like to order anything else? What else am I supposed to order???!!! A vegetarian plate???? I don't think so. I want some #$%@ fried chicken!!!!!

(Note: After I typed that, I realized how stereotypical it was. Afterall, I'm African-American. But I still want my @#$# fried chicken. Sorry if that's politically incorrect.)

Unfortunately, I have had that experience far too often in Memphis. Memphis must have the worst customer service in the world.

The only thing worse than running into "Bon Qui Qui", is the Kentucky Fried Chicken on Winchester in Hickory Hill that is OUT OF CHICKEN almost every time I go there. How does a KFC run out of chicken???!!!! Who the %@#$ manages their inventory???!!! After they tell me they're "out of chicken", they have the audacity to ask me if I'd like to order anything else? What else am I supposed to order???!!! A vegetarian plate???? I don't think so. I want some #$%@ fried chicken!!!!!

(Note: After I typed that, I realized how stereotypical it was. Afterall, I'm African-American. But I still want my @#$# fried chicken. Sorry if that's politically incorrect.)

GrizzWiz -- that's not stereotypical at all. I'm as white as rice in a glass of milk and I hate going to KFC, Popeye's or Church's and being told the same thing. I used to work out in Hickory Hood, so I have visited the very KFC you're referring to -- and had the same freakin' experience. 7:00 at night and they're out of bleeping chicken?!?! The Popeye's in Millington is every bit as bad. They close at 9:00, but I've gone there at 8:00 on many a night and been told that they had already turned the fryers off and had run out of spicy already. "Would I like some regular?" AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! Who in the blue blazes is responsible for this crap?!?! :angry:

That's why I used to just go ahead and drive all the way out to Mason to eat at Gus's. Now there's a place that knows about chicken!

Roll Call?

Air here! Then again...I'm everywhere..haha.

Anyone watch the Titans preseason opener? Chris Johnson and the D are beasts!

And he said he wan't at full speed.

yea boiiiiiiii ... that first game has got me excited about the upcoming season. our division is gonna be a beast again this year. the afc south will be one of top divisions, if not the best, in the nfl this season ... again.

That's why I used to just go ahead and drive all the way out to Mason to eat at Gus's. Now there's a place that knows about chicken!
got Gus's downtown to go last night and had it for leftovers today....

spicy chicken, good....

although, if we are talking about service, I ordered and paid for the 16 piece family meal and found out when I got home I was given a 12 piece....

but oh well, the food is good enough, I won't complain.....

I don't know if many people noticed it, but Gus's opened up a franchise location in Southaven....it has different sides than what is available downtown and in mason.......but the chicken isn't as good, IMO.....almost seems like a complete different restaurant....

what up war...

I don't know if many people noticed it, but Gus's opened up a franchise location in Southaven....it has different sides than what is available downtown and in mason.......but the chicken isn't as good, IMO.....almost seems like a complete different restaurant....

Since Gus died a few years back, the franchise name is actually owned by two people. One owns the locations in Mason and Downtown and the other owns the one near Wolfchase and the new one in Southaven (if I remember correctly). I think that it is two of Gus's kids.

In fact, back when I used to go there when they only had the original location, depending on which day you went, you either had a choice of Pepsi or Coke products to drink, depending on who was "in charge" that day. For instance, on Mon/Wed/Fri it was Coke product, but on Tue/Thur/Sat it was Pepsi. Used to drive my dad nuts since he doesn't like Coke, but ate there a few times a week when working in Arlington. :lol:

Guest truebluememphian aka OJ for MAYO
Roll Call?

Air here! Then again...I'm everywhere..haha.

Anyone watch the Titans preseason opener? Chris Johnson and the D are beasts!

And he said he wan't at full speed.

The funny thing is that whenever Bulluck gets an INT he holds the ball as if it's stuck to his hand!

Keith bulluck INT

PMI....

what is up with your 49ers?

JT Sullivan? seriously, Alex Smith sucks so bad JT Sullivan is the likely starter?

good thing you have PWillis to make up for Alex Smith being a bum.....

I read an article where Martz said that his QB's NO option on where to throw the ball.....his words were I think "my offense is very very very very structured. Once the QB reads what coverage the defense is in, he has to throw it to a certain player"

hahahahahahaha

no wonder martz is on his 18th team in 4 years......he'll be great once robots are allowed to play.....

PMI in for the ROLL CALL!!!

Hey hey...get off my Niners Z-Bo!

I'm still thinking Shaun Hill be the starter mid-season.

If so Smith is as good as cut.

Our defense will be in the top half of the league this year.

Martz's offense having structure will limit turnovers.

We will pound the ball with Gore/Foster/Davis and we will be in every game. Bank it.

Lose a lot of close ones..but the NFC West a juggernaut is not.

Who knows..we might be there in December.

oh contraire pmi ... i think the 49ers will enjoy another dismal season.

anyways, i can't wait for the season to get started!

Haters ERRRRRWHERE.

Believe in J.T. O'Sullivan!

Hey PMI.. thought I was the only 49'ers fan here... going back home (SF) october 1st just in time for pats to get a smackdown :)

Hey PMI.. thought I was the only 49'ers fan here... going back home (SF) october 1st just in time for pats to get a smackdown :)

Who on the 49ers is going to smackdown anyone not on the Cardinals? Actually I take that back. The Cardinals are probably a better team.

Who on the 49ers is going to smackdown anyone not on the Cardinals? Actually I take that back. The Cardinals are probably a better team.

he he... as a fellow grizzly fan you should be able to relate to that hope is the last thing I will let go of :)

he he... as a fellow grizzly fan you should be able to relate to that hope is the last thing I will let go of :)

But this is like me saying the grizzlies are going to smackdown the 90s Bulls.

Excellent.

I bought tickets to go see them play the Cowboys in November.

Looking forward to that.

Glad to know I have somebody else on here to help me talk some trash. :lol:

Hey hey...

Watch it sucka!

Sanford129a2.jpg

LOL

PWillis and Nate Clemens will definitely lay the smackdown on a few Patriots that day.

The Cardinals are NOT a better team.

Hey hey...

Watch it sucka!

Sanford129a2.jpg

LOL

PWillis and Nate Clemens will definitely lay the smackdown on a few Patriots that day.

The Cardinals are NOT a better team.

This is a TrueBlueMemphian Degree All-In Ford Bold Moves Prediction Moment here. I predict the Arizona Cardinals will finish 1st in the NFC West. Call me crazy if u want, but they are going to be the NFL surprise team of 08-09. :o